Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134678 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #8280 on: July 12, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »
I, erm, acquired new music last night. :orly:

Via 100% legal purchase, I'm sure!  :police:

Of course. I wouldn't even know how to locate anything in any other way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8281 on: July 12, 2010, 07:54:59 AM »
I, erm, acquired new music last night. :orly:

Via 100% legal purchase, I'm sure!  :police:

Of course. I wouldn't even know how to locate anything in any other way.

Neither would I!  :angel:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8282 on: July 12, 2010, 11:27:02 AM »
Finished my last house before vacation only have one invoice and one phone call to make now
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8283 on: July 12, 2010, 02:53:29 PM »
I slept for 12 hours last night.

I do not think I have ever done that in my entire life.

With drugs and drink I have made almost eight hours a few times, but never more than that on my own.

I am at a stage of my life where extra rest would REALLY help my aging joints, but I can not do anything that helps me sleep more than my normal three or four hours at a setting, except to get really drunk.

I have been off of alcohol since January, though. I am not interested in going back down that dark hallway any time soon.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:56:57 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8284 on: July 12, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »
My day has only just started, so I guess my day started here. :LOL:

And what better place?  ;)

Intensity. :LOL:

Intensity Squared!  :thumbup:

IntensitySquared!

Fixed, you silly person, you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8285 on: July 12, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »

IntensitySquared!

Thank you! Looks lovely!  :clap:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8286 on: July 12, 2010, 03:59:18 PM »
Made a friend's home cinema setup sound (a lot) better by enforcing common sense.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8287 on: July 12, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »

With drugs and drink I have made almost eight hours a few times, but never more than that on my own.

I am at a stage of my life where extra rest would REALLY help my aging joints, but I can not do anything that helps me sleep more than my normal three or four hours at a setting, except to get really drunk.

I have been off of alcohol since January, though. I am not interested in going back down that dark hallway any time soon.

I usually sleep for 7-9 hours when I'm taking dexamphetamine and caffeine, and I slept for 12-16 hours a day, split into a couple of blocks, when I took a break from the stimulants recently.  Some of that was rebound, but I used to sleep for 10-12 hours when I was just taking caffeine.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8288 on: July 12, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
Made a friend's home cinema setup sound (a lot) better by enforcing common sense.

... a sense that does not actually seem so common, in reflection.
 :yawn:

Cool that you get a chance to makes someone's stuff work right.
:woohoo:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8289 on: July 12, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »

I usually sleep for 7-9 hours when I'm taking dexamphetamine and caffeine, and I slept for 12-16 hours a day, split into a couple of blocks, when I took a break from the stimulants recently.  Some of that was rebound, but I used to sleep for 10-12 hours when I was just taking caffeine.

Caffeine is my drug of choice these days.  It is one drug that I can control.

Depending upon how I use/abuse it, I am afforded a whole set of differing affects from which to choose.  (Quantity is the key for me  "One cup makes you smaller and two cups make you tall"  type of thiong)

Right now, after having another altercation in traffic that I could have avoided, I am having a lot of trouble sleeping.  I feel that I have failed to reach a level of calmness toward which I have just been been tested, well, last week I was tested and I failed.

I have an earworm from my sleep, lately.  I generally remember many dreams, but lately I can not - I only remember this song.

It is an ancient - from my youth - Eric Burden and the Animals' song, "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"  I want to find a way for this to mean something to me, but it means so many other things that I can not imagine how it has become such a "burden"  upon me to bear the memory of this song.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:53:22 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8290 on: July 12, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »

It was fun. It was one of those midrange Marantz receivers with Audyssey MultiEQ setup and a measurement mic. The software wanted to output LFE in the fronts, too, which was pure madness. His speakers were fairly small JBLs and it should be obvious that they were never meant to handle anything even approaching that.

Once we let every speaker do their job without trying to share it with the others, it all came together beautifully. Now my friend's problem is a large cabinet full of crystal glasses that starts vibrating whenever the sub awakens. ;D

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8291 on: July 12, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »
Had a long talk with my daughter about her anger explosions. And how we can try to find ways to make her get some control over that a bit easier.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #8292 on: July 12, 2010, 07:03:40 PM »

IntensitySquared!

Thank you! Looks lovely!  :clap:

Perfect. :angel: now that's definitely more like it.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8293 on: July 12, 2010, 07:27:50 PM »

It was fun. It was one of those midrange Marantz receivers with Audyssey MultiEQ setup and a measurement mic. The software wanted to output LFE in the fronts, too, which was pure madness. His speakers were fairly small JBLs and it should be obvious that they were never meant to handle anything even approaching that.

Once we let every speaker do their job without trying to share it with the others, it all came together beautifully. Now my friend's problem is a large cabinet full of crystal glasses that starts vibrating whenever the sub awakens. ;D

Which is as it always should be!

Feels good to help someone, eh? I made the promise to myself many years ago to ONLY give it away to those I care about. I have done a lot for many bands, schools and churches, but since that time, I have never taken a cent for my work.

This promise to myself has allowed me to find new joy from my art, joy that I had thought I had lost forever. I hope that you have found a moment of joy in helping your "friend."

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8294 on: July 13, 2010, 01:50:08 PM »

Which is as it always should be!

Feels good to help someone, eh? I made the promise to myself many years ago to ONLY give it away to those I care about. I have done a lot for many bands, schools and churches, but since that time, I have never taken a cent for my work.

This promise to myself has allowed me to find new joy from my art, joy that I had thought I had lost forever. I hope that you have found a moment of joy in helping your "friend."

It felt very good. The best part about setting up sound equipment is always the final test, the time when you listen to your favourite test piece and know you got it right. It's never perfect but sometimes it's close enough.

I do help my friends if they ask me.

- Albert Einstein