Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134504 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #7950 on: June 11, 2010, 06:20:28 AM »
I was injured at work today. A very large metal shelf fell and trapped my hand. I had to have five stitches in the ER to put the skin covering my left distal interphalangeal back into place and secure it against movement.

Imy entire hand is very sore and swollen. There was some deeper injury as well, from being crushed, hence the massive swelling, but no bones have been broken. I will probably be fine in a couple of days.
 :violin:

Not really bitching too much, because right next to me and helping me free my hand was a guy who had put in sixteen hours today.  That guy had a really hard day!  I only had an injury.

:plus: for a great attitude!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7951 on: June 11, 2010, 06:21:32 AM »
i've had two showers already today

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7952 on: June 11, 2010, 06:27:10 AM »
Clean Soph!

I went to the chemist and got some medication and then came home and brought the washing in and folded it and then I went to my friend's place where we did some craft stuff for her market stall. Came home and had dinner.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7953 on: June 11, 2010, 06:29:45 AM »
this songs is awesome:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7954 on: June 11, 2010, 06:32:01 AM »
I remember that song!  :laugh:

I have gotten up, taken my meds and multivitamin, drunk some water and :coffee:, eaten some squash, and posted!  :headbang2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7955 on: June 11, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »

... or, Odeon,  are you talking about some kind of additional compensation for having been so "traumatised?"

Honstly, I was not traumatised by this. Yes my hand was crushed and penned down for about ten minutes, pealing away a good sized piece of skin from my knuckles, opening two major veins in my hand. It hurt. It bled. I needed help to free my hand, but I was not traumatised.

Hell, I have much larger scars than this is going to leave, made by "people"  who actually wanted to hurt me. That was a little traumatising, but a shelf falling on my hand is just that and nothing more.

Nah, I meant that accidents in the workplace are their responsibility, not yours, and at the very least you should not lose money because of this, even if you'd have to stay at home for a few days.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7956 on: June 11, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »

... or, Odeon,  are you talking about some kind of additional compensation for having been so "traumatised?"

Honstly, I was not traumatised by this. Yes my hand was crushed and penned down for about ten minutes, pealing away a good sized piece of skin from my knuckles, opening two major veins in my hand. It hurt. It bled. I needed help to free my hand, but I was not traumatised.

Hell, I have much larger scars than this is going to leave, made by "people"  who actually wanted to hurt me. That was a little traumatising, but a shelf falling on my hand is just that and nothing more.

Nah, I meant that accidents in the workplace are their responsibility, not yours, and at the very least you should not lose money because of this, even if you'd have to stay at home for a few days.

Not to worry. I am fine. 

I feel that paying for alll my bills to have the most accomplished medical system the world has ever known stitch my hand up, paying for my "take-home" pain meds, allowing me some latitude for being a "BIG FAT PUSS"  for a day or two was enough. I fully intend to make everyone around me know that I am down one of their strongest hands as the projects progress.

If the most finely expectant of my own judgment comes into play, the accident was my own fault. I will not accept that someone who was not doing what I was trying to do is to blame, sorry, but I am a  Proud American.

I was there at six AM, this morning. I had a few things to co-ordinate with the rest of my team.

If you saw how quickly I am healing, you would probably call me "Wolverine"  or some shit. All is good and there is no pain.   (I am saving the Oxycodone for when my back flares up - LoL!)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7957 on: June 11, 2010, 02:49:06 PM »
i've been reading Alone in Berlin by hans fallada. good book

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7958 on: June 12, 2010, 12:36:14 AM »

Not to worry. I am fine. 

I feel that paying for alll my bills to have the most accomplished medical system the world has ever known stitch my hand up, paying for my "take-home" pain meds, allowing me some latitude for being a "BIG FAT PUSS"  for a day or two was enough. I fully intend to make everyone around me know that I am down one of their strongest hands as the projects progress.

If the most finely expectant of my own judgment comes into play, the accident was my own fault. I will not accept that someone who was not doing what I was trying to do is to blame, sorry, but I am a  Proud American.

I was there at six AM, this morning. I had a few things to co-ordinate with the rest of my team.

If you saw how quickly I am healing, you would probably call me "Wolverine"  or some shit. All is good and there is no pain.   (I am saving the Oxycodone for when my back flares up - LoL!)

That's great that it is healing so quickly and doesn't hurt that much anymore, but maybe it would be better to give your hand more of a rest.  It would be bad if it got infected.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7959 on: June 12, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »
watching the football in a few hours!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7960 on: June 12, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »
Went to tag sales
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7961 on: June 12, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
Working, laughing, grocery-shopping, have an earnest conversation chat, post, things like that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7962 on: June 12, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »
not much really. read, been out and about , saw family and sat in the garden for a bit

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7963 on: June 12, 2010, 01:48:07 PM »
Tried to fix a water pump at the cottage.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7964 on: June 12, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

Hell, I have much larger scars than this is going to leave, made by "people"  who actually wanted to hurt me. That was a little traumatising, but a shelf falling on my hand is just that and nothing more.

Not to worry. I am fine. 

That's great that it is healing so quickly and doesn't hurt that much anymore, but maybe it would be better to give your hand more of a rest.  It would be bad if it got infected.

Today, all the swelling is gone, the discoloration is gone, the pain is non-existent, the thing looks like a boo-boo, not a massive injury. The scab is resilient. The scar will probably be minimal; just a fine, curvy line about two inches long.

I am fine, now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 03:06:04 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.