Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134111 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #7275 on: March 25, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »
Drilled lots of holes
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:34:38 PM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7276 on: March 25, 2010, 03:11:26 PM »
Trying to get ahead of the delayed housework. And, making progress too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7277 on: March 25, 2010, 08:41:26 PM »
Went to the doctor. He had a look at his work from yesterday and removed yucky protective tissue from my nose.  :zombiefuck:

How is your nose healing? Are you breathing better yet, or is there still too much swelling?

There's some swelling and it feels like there's shards of something in there. And the nose thinks something is wrong cos it keeps on producing a lot of yucky stuff. So it feels like a bad cold.

It is better than yesterday, though. Thank you for asking. :)

I hope the healing continues without complications. Are the "shards" normal?

*sends you some super-soft tissues*
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7278 on: March 25, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »
Cleaned up younger son's bedroom. His screams, when he went in there after school, were audible all through the house.  :evillaugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7279 on: March 26, 2010, 03:39:33 AM »
Cleaned up younger son's bedroom. His screams, when he went in there after school, were audible all through the house.  :evillaugh:

That would be my daughter's reaction as well.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7280 on: March 26, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
played call of duty

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7281 on: March 26, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »
Went to the church sale, everything was .25, found a few things but they were pretty much wiped out.

Coming home halfway along a small one-lane stretch past some parked cars some nutcase came flying around the turn and decided she didn't want to wait for me to get through and starts coming at me head on.

She finally stops near the last parked car at the end and motions me to back up the hill past the three other parked cars so that she can get through, while mouthing the word "bitch" about 4 times. Somehow I shoehorned myself between her and the last car (that was thankfully parked on a slant leaving me just enough room) and was able to get around her as she continued to run her mouth and point that I was inches away from her front bumper. I made sure to show her my appreciation with a friendly hand gesture as I slowly passed her.  :zoinks:

Sadly she did not get out of her car.  :'(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7282 on: March 26, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »
Went to the doctor. He had a look at his work from yesterday and removed yucky protective tissue from my nose.  :zombiefuck:

How is your nose healing? Are you breathing better yet, or is there still too much swelling?

There's some swelling and it feels like there's shards of something in there. And the nose thinks something is wrong cos it keeps on producing a lot of yucky stuff. So it feels like a bad cold.

It is better than yesterday, though. Thank you for asking. :)

I hope the healing continues without complications. Are the "shards" normal?

*sends you some super-soft tissues*

Yup, it's all perfectly normal, according to the doc. He says I can expect another few weeks of this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7283 on: March 26, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »

That would be my daughter's reaction as well.

My son's, too. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7284 on: March 26, 2010, 01:10:42 PM »
played call of duty

I wants that game. I wonder why I've never bought it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7285 on: March 26, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »
Went to the church sale, everything was .25, found a few things but they were pretty much wiped out.

Coming home halfway along a small one-lane stretch past some parked cars some nutcase came flying around the turn and decided she didn't want to wait for me to get through and starts coming at me head on.

She finally stops near the last parked car at the end and motions me to back up the hill past the three other parked cars so that she can get through, while mouthing the word "bitch" about 4 times. Somehow I shoehorned myself between her and the last car (that was thankfully parked on a slant leaving me just enough room) and was able to get around her as she continued to run her mouth and point that I was inches away from her front bumper. I made sure to show her my appreciation with a friendly hand gesture as I slowly passed her.  :zoinks:

Sad indeed, you could have had a civilized chat ... :boxers:

People forget.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7286 on: March 26, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »

We have a car park that has one part that is one way. Same thing, this idiot is speeding like all hell (and mind you near the most pedestrian busy part, and near the parent with babies parking).

Anyway, I refused to reverse back and like you Hyke, was able to squeeze past with inches to spare. My window was down and just as he passed me, he screamed at me "You fuckin' slut!!!"

I had my daughter in my car with me...charming.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7287 on: March 27, 2010, 08:35:40 AM »

We have a car park that has one part that is one way. Same thing, this idiot is speeding like all hell (and mind you near the most pedestrian busy part, and near the parent with babies parking).

Anyway, I refused to reverse back and like you Hyke, was able to squeeze past with inches to spare. My window was down and just as he passed me, he screamed at me "You fuckin' slut!!!"

I had my daughter in my car with me...charming.

I remember my mother yelling "You shut your mouth!" out the car window at a rude driver who had just said something nasty to my father. That was about 30 years ago. Things have gotten so much rougher, it seems. You never know who's carrying a GUN these days! I'm glad I don't drive.  :o

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7288 on: March 27, 2010, 08:49:39 AM »
Today I fumbled my vial of Strattera, spilling a few, so I will have to recount the batch to be sure I am not missing any. Then I fumbled my cup of water and spilled some on my hand and sleeve! Awesome coordination!  :1st:

People forget.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7289 on: March 27, 2010, 09:16:59 AM »
I remember my mother yelling "You shut your mouth!" out the car window at a rude driver who had just said something nasty to my father. That was about 30 years ago. Things have gotten so much rougher, it seems. You never know who's carrying a GUN these days! I'm glad I don't drive.  :o

Actually, the reality is the other way around. Violent crime has dropped significantly in the past 30 years.