Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134328 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #6945 on: February 04, 2010, 05:45:00 AM »
Showed another film or two, explained to a back-stabbing idiot that the way he did it is NOT OK, and did some troubleshooting on some mysteriously disappeared lighting.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #6946 on: February 04, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
explained to a back-stabbing idiot that the way he did it is NOT OK,
i want to hear more about this
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6947 on: February 04, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »

This guy is head of the transportation unit at the festival. He'd been venting about me in length for the past few days over how I do my job at the cinema, spreading rumours about old incidents, rumours he knows are not true, telling people that I'm "difficult", and all this in front of my immediate colleagues, tech people and such whom I have to deal with on a daily basis. One of them mentioned this to me yesterday.

So I walked straight into a closed meeting this morning and explained to him that he should try to grow the balls to say the things he said to my face. Told him he is a gutless little coward. Then I walked out again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6948 on: February 04, 2010, 01:29:39 PM »

This guy is head of the transportation unit at the festival. He'd been venting about me in length for the past few days over how I do my job at the cinema, spreading rumours about old incidents, rumours he knows are not true, telling people that I'm "difficult", and all this in front of my immediate colleagues, tech people and such whom I have to deal with on a daily basis. One of them mentioned this to me yesterday.

So I walked straight into a closed meeting this morning and explained to him that he should try to grow the balls to say the things he said to my face. Told him he is a gutless little coward. Then I walked out again.

BRAVE :plus:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6949 on: February 04, 2010, 03:31:24 PM »

BRAVE :plus:
seconded  :plus:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6950 on: February 04, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »

i agree that if someone has something to say then they should say it to the person.

but you have to admit, you are a bit "difficult".
personally i would rather work with someone that is difficult and straightforward (you), than someone who acts one way to my face and another behind my back.  i value knowing where i stand with someone either good or bad and consistency.
Misunderstood.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6951 on: February 05, 2010, 05:39:53 AM »
I finished reading Anathem.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6952 on: February 05, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »

i agree that if someone has something to say then they should say it to the person.

personally i would rather work with someone that is difficult and straightforward (you), than someone who acts one way to my face and another behind my back.  i value knowing where i stand with someone either good or bad and consistency.

I'll freely admit that I am difficult. But I also try to be honest and straightforward, and I think it pays in the long run.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6953 on: February 05, 2010, 10:08:14 AM »

I'll freely admit that I am difficult. But I also try to be honest and straightforward, and I think it pays in the long run.

If you want  honest and straightforward you have to put up with something :laugh: I am the same way

George Bernard Shaw

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6954 on: February 05, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »

i would rather work with you than that backstabbing som' bitch
Misunderstood.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #6955 on: February 05, 2010, 01:11:49 PM »
Checked the gutters to make sure they were clear before the rains came. Bought a paper. Put out the plants to soak up the rain. Made a cup of tea. Fuckall since then.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6956 on: February 05, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »
went to the chiro.  got a one hour massage and a back and neck adjustment.
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6957 on: February 05, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
Looked at two houses to do work on.  Gave the "you better start playing by the rules " speech to one of the kids

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Part of the Chaos
  • I love my GoldWing ("Tigger")
« Reply #6958 on: February 05, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
Got up late - last night Number Four Son rang before leaving youth group to cycle home, as per the house rules, but at twenty to one!!  :o .

Fed the cat, got a plate of salad (morning meds have to be taken with food, and I loathe cereals) fed and medicated myself then went to the spare room to faff about on teh intawebz, the male half of the household still being asleep. (Myself, cat and dog all being female, and awake).
Stopped bouncing round the world. Arrived home.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6959 on: February 05, 2010, 06:51:56 PM »

This is why everything should be done by social-meritocratic proceedure. People like this guy would be on the bottom rung - more importantly they would be out of our way.