Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133804 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #6420 on: October 15, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »
No, I decided it wasn't such a good idea. The cedars in my yard would take down my house or my fence on the way down so that wouldn't work. The neighbours have a lovely maple, but it's smack dab in the middle of their yard and I wasn't sure how to go about it without causing a loud ruckus.Plus I think they'd hate me in the morning.  I suck as a criminal. I eventually had to break down and buy some pre-cut wood. Not nearly as much fun.  ;)

Celticgoddess

« Reply #6421 on: October 15, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »
More importantly...boy shorts??? :zoinks:
Yes! But underneath my jeans. :laugh:

I'm not sure cooking in your underwear is such a good idea from a kitchen safety standpoint.

I'd do it if I had curtains up in the back of my house. I don't and I fear giving the neighbours behind me a show. :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6422 on: October 15, 2009, 03:18:45 PM »
Stayed mostly home and got very stressed to the point of taking my Xanax then sleeping
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6423 on: October 15, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »
Helped my daughter study . Bought a Birthday present for my son. Worked. Posted.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6424 on: October 16, 2009, 03:03:28 AM »

Worked on a loft conversion.

What are you converting to a loft? There are a lot of old warehouses around here that are converted to loft condos. They are so cool, with the original brick and concrete. You can really feel the history.

I'm improving the loft of my 2-story semi-detached home to make it more pleasant and to give it more usable space.  One of the previous owners of this house had floored most of it and created a room in the central portion, but there was a lot of wasted space in the eaves where it was variously unfloored, filled up with unused pipes and water tanks or only reachable by crawling on hands and knees for up to 10 metres.  The central room had been walled with low-density fibreboard, which was in a fairly sad state, and I've removed that.  I've also removed the water pipes and tanks, including some old lead pipes from when the house was first built, which has opened up a lot of space.  The lead pipes are interesting; they're really, really thick and heavy, but I can easily bend them with my hands and even roll them into a coil.

I'm going to put in new light fittings and wiring to replace the hodge-podge that's currently in place, lay down insulation and flooring where there isn't any, build shelving to take advantage of as much space as possible and to make it easy to access stored items and fill up a ragged gap that was left between the roof and the shared wall when the chimney was removed at some point in the past.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6425 on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:24 AM »
Lead is going up in price if to have more than 5 kilos see about scraping it at a scrap yard

George Bernard Shaw

Celticgoddess

« Reply #6426 on: October 16, 2009, 05:51:55 AM »
Peter, have you been taking pictures as you go? It would be cool to see the progress and then the before/after. I like that sort of thing. 8)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6427 on: October 16, 2009, 09:32:24 AM »
Lead is going up in price if to have more than 5 kilos see about scraping it at a scrap yard

I've probably got about 30 kilos, but I don't know where to go to sell it, and I think I'll just store it in case I come up with a use for it.

Peter, have you been taking pictures as you go? It would be cool to see the progress and then the before/after. I like that sort of thing. 8)

I haven't, but I'll start taking some.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Celticgoddess

« Reply #6428 on: October 16, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »
Skipped schooling for today because the kid is having a crap day and is dreadfully overtired. He curled up next to me and fell asleep about an hour ago. Poor boy is having a rough go of it. But I love the fact that he's nearly 11 and still likes to snuggle up to his Mum when he has a bad day. The sleep will do him good.

Just finished a playlist i was working on. This makes me happy because I'll be listening to it at night while I'm away.

I'm on my second load of laundry, got the cat his meds. Waiting on a call from the vets to find out the results 9of his latest blood panel. Still have to pack and shower. Things of that nature. Not leaving until 6pm though so I've got loads of time.

The house is nice and quiet right now. 8)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6429 on: October 16, 2009, 10:09:49 AM »

I haven't done anything, and don't plan on it. I think I pushed myself about as far as I could this past week as far as social contact (out talking to people and on the phone job hunting), and just need the day to decompress a bit.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #6430 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
^I think that's wise. I wish you a peaceful, sunny, day. 8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6431 on: October 16, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »

I've probably got about 30 kilos, but I don't know where to go to sell it, and I think I'll just store it in case I come up with a use for it.

We have several near me there should be at least one by you if your near a midsized city here it's getting up to about $.82 a pound

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6432 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
Worked. Bought a keyboard that I need to replace with something else cos it took a whopping to USB ports to connect.  >:( Bought some beer and crisps.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #6433 on: October 17, 2009, 04:07:19 AM »
Booked plane tickets. Going over to see Emma next week.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6434 on: October 17, 2009, 05:58:47 AM »

Where does Emma live?