Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133854 times)

Blasted

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5685 on: June 18, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
I found a great bookstore down here. They have these vintage books from like the early 1900's and the late 1800's. They smell awesome and the binding feels soo cool. I plan to spend a lot of time absorbing everything in that store.  :zoinks: :zoinks: :zoinks: :zoinks: :zoinks:
There is an author named Sloane who wrote Sci Fi in the late 1920s. He wrote an excellent book called The Edge of Running Water which is fucking excellent, I think the publication date is 1929. It is a worthwhile read Rage.

Hey thanks man. I'll see if they have it. And one I get my comp back and all, i'll go on cam and read a paragraph of it out loud and post it on here since you told me about it.  :indeed:

I found a great bookstore down here. They have these vintage books from like the early 1900's and the late 1800's. They smell awesome and the binding feels soo cool. I plan to spend a lot of time absorbing everything in that store.  :zoinks: :zoinks: :zoinks: :zoinks: :zoinks:

I'm jealous!  :laugh:  I love second-hand bookstores.

Holy shit its one of my favorite things. The only thing that can make a second hand bookstore cooler is if they have really old vintage, and/or a bookstore cat.  ;)

A bookstore cat would be really awesome, haven't yet found one in London.  I love the feel of those places.  I think I even posted a picture of my favourite bookstore here  :lol: Do you really like books then?

Yeah. I'm always either reading, surfing the web, working out, or learning a skill. Sometimes vidya gaems too.  :green: But I REALLY like books.

I love 'em  :laugh:  Have books in piles all around my room cause I'm running out of space.  Can't really resist the 50p basement in the shop   :green:

P7PSP

« Reply #5686 on: June 18, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
I bought a book about Taupo and another one about New Zealand Volcanoes and Earthquakes @ a used bookstore there because I figured it was unlikely to get such specific study books here. Used bookstores are cool.

Blasted

« Reply #5687 on: June 18, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »
I bought a book about Taupo and another one about New Zealand Volcanoes and Earthquakes @ a used bookstore there because I figured it was unlikely to get such specific study books here. Used bookstores are cool.

And for that sir you get a karma point  8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5688 on: June 18, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
There is an author named Sloane who wrote Sci Fi in the late 1920s. He wrote an excellent book called The Edge of Running Water which is fucking excellent, I think the publication date is 1929. It is a worthwhile read Rage.

Hey thanks man. I'll see if they have it. And one I get my comp back and all, i'll go on cam and read a paragraph of it out loud and post it on here since you told me about it.  :indeed:

I'm jealous!  :laugh:  I love second-hand bookstores.

Holy shit its one of my favorite things. The only thing that can make a second hand bookstore cooler is if they have really old vintage, and/or a bookstore cat.  ;)

A bookstore cat would be really awesome, haven't yet found one in London.  I love the feel of those places.  I think I even posted a picture of my favourite bookstore here  :lol: Do you really like books then?

Yeah. I'm always either reading, surfing the web, working out, or learning a skill. Sometimes vidya gaems too.  :green: But I REALLY like books.

I love 'em  :laugh:  Have books in piles all around my room cause I'm running out of space.  Can't really resist the 50p basement in the shop   :green:

Well thats one common intrest down.  :eyebrows:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5689 on: June 18, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »

... just made sure.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5690 on: June 18, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »

... just made sure.

Made sure of what?
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5691 on: June 18, 2009, 03:51:40 PM »
Not a lot. I can't see without my spectacles :facepalm:

Offline Small Penis

• Boring troll
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #5692 on: June 18, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »
Talked to trigger11 on the telephone some and then cried because he stood me up last night

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5693 on: June 18, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
Talked to trigger11 on the telephone some and then cried because he stood me up last night

This should be in the something good that happened today thread.  ;D
I will never stop...

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5694 on: June 18, 2009, 04:56:22 PM »
Picked up groceries for my mom & me, put groceries away, unloaded four 40lb bags of topsoil at mom's, mowed the lawn, and carted 3 loads of clothes downstairs.

Now, I'm on break.  :coffee:

I got tired just reading that.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5695 on: June 18, 2009, 04:58:28 PM »

I should be wearing glasses but haven't for quite some time for lack of health insurance. I'll get a new pair soon though.
I will never stop...

P7PSP

« Reply #5696 on: June 18, 2009, 05:45:25 PM »
Tried to register for college courses but have to wait till the college stops fucking the dog before I can actually register.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #5697 on: June 18, 2009, 07:39:22 PM »
Packed suitcase, Fallout 3 and bed.

Blasted

« Reply #5698 on: June 19, 2009, 01:34:11 AM »
Packed suitcase, Fallout 3 and bed.

You packed your bed?  :P

I should be wearing glasses but haven't for quite some time for lack of health insurance. I'll get a new pair soon though.

Me too.  The glasses I have now stopped doing their job ages ago.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5699 on: June 19, 2009, 05:48:14 AM »
Went to the opticians - I can see again!  :indeed:

I'll post the photo of inside my eye soon - I'm sure you guys can't wait  :zoinks:

Picked my brother up from nursery

Had some food

Oh yeah and bought a book from Waterstones - reduced from £20 to £10 (pretty big hardback book)