Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134905 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5550 on: June 04, 2009, 01:32:41 PM »
Saw a new psychiatrist and got prescribed new meds, Efexor first at 37.5mgs then 75.  Anyone have any experience with it?

DO NOT WANT!!!

I was prescribed that too, but I'm not going to take it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #5551 on: June 05, 2009, 09:19:30 AM »
You had issues with Prozac?

Yep, hated its side-effects plus I overdosed on them.

What dosage were you on?

20mgs.  They were my first SSRIs.  Wonder if SNRIs are gonna be much different.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5552 on: June 05, 2009, 10:01:19 AM »
I've had bad side-effects from 6 anti-depressants or anti-depressant-type meds so far.  Fluoxetine and sertraline gave me anxiety, paranoia, perceptual disturbances, violent urges and homicidal ideation, lofepramine and venlafaxine made me sleep for 12-18 hours a day and feel exhausted all the time, mirtazapine dried up my mucus membranes and atomoxetine dried up my mucus membranes, gave me constipation and made me feel constantly fatigued, shitty and completely unmotivated.  None of them actually helped, as far as I could tell.

I think my brain doesn't get enough dopamine, and that boosting the synaptic concentrations of other neurotransmitters just pushes it even further off balance.  Amphetamine increases synaptic dopamine levels, and it's given me significant and wide-ranging improvements without much in the way of negative side-effects.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Blasted

« Reply #5553 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »
Pity I can't get amphetamine  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5554 on: June 05, 2009, 04:12:12 PM »
I  just want a way to make myself sleep instantly when I have the tiime.

The only sleep study I have ever undertaken showed that I consistently reach REM sleep in less than five minutes once I am able to sleep. That's all I need is a way to speed up getting to sleep.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:14:24 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5555 on: June 05, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
I'm waiting for mine. I was referred to a sleep study, some time ago, since I just can't seem to sleep properly. They'll also send some apparatus my way, to see if I get any oxygen while I sleep. :P

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5556 on: June 05, 2009, 04:19:37 PM »
I had side effects on Prozac too so I quit it  :headbang2:

Speaking of which, I forgot to take my crazy-pills last night  :hide:

Today I have done lots of things, none of them interesting enough to post about  :elvis:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5557 on: June 05, 2009, 04:37:04 PM »
I had side effects on Prozac too so I quit it  :headbang2:

Speaking of which, I forgot to take my crazy-pills last night  :hide:

Today I have done lots of things, none of them interesting enough to post about  :elvis:

I forgot to take my crazy-pills this morning lets get crazy
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #5558 on: June 05, 2009, 04:40:48 PM »
You had issues with Prozac?

Yep, hated its side-effects plus I overdosed on them.
What dosage were you on?
20mgs.  They were my first SSRIs.  Wonder if SNRIs are gonna be much different.

I do 60 mg of Fluoxetine (Prozac) and apparently do not have any significant side effects from it. I am on it to help with anxiety and OCD tendancies. Not sure it helps any, but I made a commitment to try and be more sociable to help my career and protect it with regards to my responsibility to the family. Was on Risperdol because it was supposed to help with sensory issues in people with ASDs, but after six months I saw no such benefit and loads of side effects. Was also on Strattera for my ADD tendancies, but that really fucked me up. Between the premature ejaculation issues to the sweats, I couldn't do it anymore. Personally don't feel I need anything and prefer to take nothing, but this was all part of my commitment to the family after being somewhat fired at work during my two years of self discovery about AS and piecing my entire life together. The irony being how the wife blames everything on me when she really should address her anger issues, but will make no effort towards working on things for the betterment of the family. Yet I am willing to take a medication I really don't need to prove my commitment to at least trying to fix things. I suppose I got duped into thinking she would be willing to make such a commitment, at least for the children. Should've known better! ::)
[/quote]
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5559 on: June 05, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »
I'm waiting for mine. I was referred to a sleep study, some time ago, since I just can't seem to sleep properly. They'll also send some apparatus my way, to see if I get any oxygen while I sleep. :P

One of the first things they needed to either confirm or eliminate was apnoea.  They were laughing, when I awoke unexpectedly (and responded to both of them, beyond the glass), at how I breathe when I sleep. They were making jokes about my thinking that ALL the air was mine and i am close to hyperventilating, during deep sleep. 

They made extensive notes about this oddness, also. I am not even tended towards apnoea.

I think what happens is that I use (or maybe, conduct?) just as much energy, although, possibly more efficiently, when I sleep as when I do my fun things, but the flow of that energy is reversed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:46:07 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5560 on: June 05, 2009, 04:51:25 PM »

One of the first things they needed to either confirm or eliminate was apnoea.  They were laughing, when I awoke unexpectedly (and responded to both of them, beyond the glass), at how I breathe when I sleep. They were making jokes about my thinking that ALL the air was mine and i am close to hyperventilating, during deep sleep. 

They made extensive notes about this oddness, also. I am not even tended towards apnoea.

I think what happens is that I use (or maybe, conduct?) just as much energy, although, possibly more efficiently, when I sleep as when I do my fun things, but the flow of that energy is reversed.

They think I might have apnea because I'm always tired.

Fun things, indeed. ;)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #5561 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:13 PM »
Two-time Sleep Study veteran here. I stop breathing every twelve minutes or so and never get past stage 2. Use a CPAP now and it must work, because I have lot of deep and bizarre dreams now. Still am drowsy in mornin and all day, so it did not solve that problem. At least I am sleeping better and a bit longer, even if it wasn't the solution to the energy problem. Starting to wonder about vitamin deficiencies and diabetes.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5562 on: June 05, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »

They think I might have apnea because I'm always tired.

Fun things, indeed. ;)

They thought that with me too it seemed to disappoint them when I didn't :-\

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5563 on: June 05, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »
Sleeping is a constant problem, in any case, apnea or not. :(

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5564 on: June 05, 2009, 05:00:12 PM »
I seem to be able to sleep when ever I want when it's light out just have a hard time at night

George Bernard Shaw