Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135027 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5430 on: May 09, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »
Went to Missoula with my dad and my brother and boyfriend and met up with my mother and my bf and I did stuff with her. Then we came home and I played my new Wii game.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5431 on: May 09, 2009, 09:54:48 PM »
THe Vicodin doesn't make you sleepy?  It makes me sleepy, or maybe it is the pain that keeps me from sleeping and it helps that.

Hell, NO!  It gears me up pretty good and if I take two, I get the shakes. Vicodin does help with the pain, though. In combination with 800mg of Ibuprophen (which also includes an anti-inflammatory element to its many effects) seems to help even more.

(Isn't Vicodin the 'scrip' drug that "House" has become addicted to using? Don't worry, they only gave me thirty and only one re-fill, so I doubt that I will become addicted)

Ypu should be okay man. I really love vicodin actually but I only take some when I get hurt or something. House on the other hand pops them like every five minutes. Then again, guy has lupus.

Lupus?  Aren't there about ten or twelve different kinds of presentation associated with Lupus?  Does that cause muscular atrophy? Is that why his quadriceps are deteriorating?

I really don't care for pills either, but when my leg is on fire (this hasn't happened in over five years - really!) and I can take a pill and make it stop for a few hours, then I can force myself to sleep.
I've made it all day without any pills, even at work. I hurt, but I can take this amount of pain, especially since I got some things back into place in my back and I don't feel like I am making myself die sooner by moving. I am back on track and I will address the bag later today.

If one has an infarction in a blood vessel suplying the heart muscle, it would be called a myocardial infarction or heart attack and it would lead to the death of the part of the heart muscle that is deprived of its blood supply.

House had an infarction in the blood vessel supplying his quadriceps muscle caused by an aneurysm, which led to muscle death.

His doctor was Cuddy and she wanted to amputate his leg but he refused to allow it.  Instead, he wanted them to restore blood flow to the necrotic tissue, and they did, but there had been a delay in this diagnosis.  The necrotic muscle tissue caused him to be in excrutiating pain, so he asked to be put into a medically induced coma.  His girlfriend Stacy was his medical proxy and after House was put into the coma she made the decision to allow the necrotic tissue to be removed.  The missing muscle is why he continues to be in pain and needs a cane to walk.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5432 on: May 10, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »
Had coffee.

Need to do yard work.

Need to hit on the lotto so that I can hire a couple of buff 30 year olds and watch them do yard work for a month.  :laugh:

Offline jawbrodt

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #5433 on: May 10, 2009, 12:46:17 PM »
Having coffee.

Have to install hot water tank.

Need to check lottery tickets, then hire a couple hot 20 year olds to clean my house. :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5434 on: May 10, 2009, 01:13:35 PM »
Sold at the flea market did okay
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5435 on: May 10, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »

Talked to my mom, used up all my minutes.

:lol:

I love my mom!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5436 on: May 10, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »
Not a lot, yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5437 on: May 14, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »
Replaced the valve and float assembly in our toilet cistern, since it had gotten blocked up or something and was taking forever to fill the cistern.  Whoever designed that toilet should be shot; it does a wonderful job of hiding pipes from people who're offended by such sights, but leaves almost no room to work with when trying to screw and unscrew things, which is a bit of a a bugger when the seals have welded themselves to the toilet/pipes and need a wrench to loosen them.  The old valve also used to take ages to refill the cistern and made a terrible racket while it was doing so, to the point that me and mum had to raise our voices to be heard when trying to talk to each other in the next room while it was refilling, even when it was brand new, and the new valve assembly is much quieter and quicker.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline jawbrodt

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #5438 on: May 14, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »
Went to the store and bought some cat litter. ::) Changing that shit is the only downfall of owning a cat. Happy I only have to do it once a week. 8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5439 on: May 15, 2009, 12:00:28 AM »
Left my car at the Volvo repair shop.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline jawbrodt

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #5440 on: May 15, 2009, 02:07:08 PM »
I went to see my SSD lawyer for the first time today. 8) She was cool, and seemed determind to get her money, because if I don't get paid, she don't get paid. That was good to find out. ;D

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5441 on: May 15, 2009, 02:45:25 PM »
I went to see my SSD lawyer for the first time today. 8) She was cool, and seemed determind to get her money, because if I don't get paid, she don't get paid. That was good to find out. ;D

Those are always the best type to get those things done

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #5442 on: May 16, 2009, 02:55:57 AM »
Went up drank coffee and was incredibly brave.  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5443 on: May 16, 2009, 08:56:37 AM »
What did you do?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5444 on: May 16, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »
No,  you tell first :P

George Bernard Shaw