Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133819 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5385 on: May 03, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »
Completed the right rear drum brake and have dismantled the left rear drum brake. Splattered a bunch of brake cleaner in my eyes, which are burning. Ran out of cleaner and will run out for some more after the end of the 1st period in the Bruins game.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5386 on: May 03, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »
Completed the right rear drum brake and have dismantled the left rear drum brake. Splattered a bunch of brake cleaner in my eyes, which are burning. Ran out of cleaner and will run out for some more after the end of the 1st period in the Bruins game.

Ouch.

Changed oil in my truck & mom's car, did some odds and ends up mom's.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5387 on: May 04, 2009, 01:16:29 AM »
Finished the car. Had to readjust the parking brake after forgetting to do so before putting the tires back on. :-[

Finally watched last week's episodes of How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory after missing them this first week with the DVR, which only records two channels at a time and I watch House and Chuck at the same time. Gonna need to figure out a plan for tomorrow, since it was a pain in the arse finding Big Bang Theory in full episode form.

Finishing watching FOX Sunday Night Animation Domination right now. Missed it all working on the car and watching the Bruins lose. :zombiefuck:

I think I've fucked up my internal clock. I am not tired at all.

It is 0314, as in Pi!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:47:20 AM by Trigger11 »
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline jawbrodt

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #5388 on: May 04, 2009, 01:39:06 AM »
Didn't get much done today 'cause i had a nasty hangover. :zombiefuck: I ate some extra meds, then got a shower, if that counts. Sold my truck yesterday, so i had some cash and a reason to celebrate. I put a good sized dent in that bottle of RumpleMinze in the freezer. Woke up to a trashed kitchen, and i vaguely remember cooking a steak at 3:30AM. I hope it tasted good. :laugh:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5389 on: May 04, 2009, 07:51:18 AM »
Car passed inspection. Funny how those fuckers back down when you make it clear you ain't paying them to do shit. Just inspect the car and pass or fail it. Stop making bullshit up!
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

TheoK

« Reply #5390 on: May 04, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »
Car inspectors are cowardly! :arrr:

I've gotten a haircut, lunch at my favourite Italian restaurant and bought some food.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5391 on: May 04, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
Car inspectors are cowardly! :arrr:

I've gotten a haircut, lunch at my favourite Italian restaurant and bought some food.  8)

You seem to have it all bass-ackwards, again, pal.

It is those illegitimate sons of idiot bastards with no grandmothers, driving cars that are not maintained, that are the true cowards in this scenario.

Get real, dude!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #5392 on: May 04, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »
It's not brave to do Big Brother's job.  :-\

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5393 on: May 04, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
You both have a point. If everyone would maintain their cars to keep them safe, then we wouldn't need mandated state inspections. However, far too many auto mechanics are corrupt and ripping people off. I am an exception these says, as I like to tinker and fix shit, so I always do shit on my cars instead of paying someone, even if it takes me months to figure it out and get it done. In the old days, you could have a good, honest auto mechanic you could go to and they wouldn't shaft you. When these pricks run into me, they soon realize I cannot be bullshitted.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

TheoK

« Reply #5394 on: May 04, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
Dad fixes all our cars: his, mum's, my brother's and mine.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5395 on: May 04, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »

Wait a minute!

You have just created a kind of impasse and contradiction, in my mind. It is NOT BB's job to watch after your shit, boy!

How is it Big Brother's job to take care of your own vehicles' safety functionality.  You can not possibly be a "real man"  (OK- woMEN are also included in this statement - please!) if you drive a car that could prove unreliable in any way, shape, means or fashion to yourself or any others around you.

Taking care of the mechanical safety apparatus/apparati of your own vehicle is basic to the privilege of having knowledge of such technology. Do NOT fuck this one up! Make sure that your own vehicle is always ready to drive across the nation at the highest speed it is capable of traveling with no notice whatsoever!!
You should NEVER be hindered by the condition of your vehicle!!

It should ALWAYS!! be ready to go, at a moment's notice!

This is a universal freedom you should NEVER take for granted!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:07:45 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5396 on: May 04, 2009, 02:10:12 PM »

Wait a minute!

You have just created a kind of impasse and contradiction, in my mind. It is NOT BB's job to watch after your shit, boy!

How is it Big Brother's job to take care of your own vehicles' safety functionality.  You can not possibly be a "real man"  (OK- woMEN are also included in this statement - please!) if you drive a car that could prove unreliable in any way, shape, means or fashion to yourself or any others around you.

Taking care of the mechanical safety apparatus/apparati of your own vehicle is basic to the privilege of having knowledge of such technology. Do NOT fuck this one up! Make sure that your own vehicle is always ready to drive across the nation at the highest speed it is capable of traveling with no notice whatsoever!!

The way this place is going, we may need to do just this when the new civil war errupts.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

TheoK

« Reply #5397 on: May 04, 2009, 02:17:28 PM »

Wait a minute!

My Volvo is always prepared, in case I'd meet some hot broad.  :zoinks: They usually live many, many miles - Swedish miles - away.  :-\

It's those car inspectors I don't like.  :eyebrow:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5398 on: May 04, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »

Wait a minute!

The way this place is going, we may need to do just this when the new civil war errupts.

There is nothing new under the sun, only a sense of gathering urgency.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5399 on: May 04, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »
All they inspect in Ct is emissions nothing else. And that's easy to pass.  Bald tires, bad brakes they don't care just give them their $20 for emissions 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw