Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134080 times)

TheoK

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5010 on: January 21, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »
"Permanent record" sounds like some semi-Soviet shit. That shouldn't be allowed in America.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5011 on: January 21, 2009, 09:43:47 AM »

Sorry, but medical records sort of NEED to be a permanent set of ("super private" by all rights) ledgers to assist the doctors in maintaining continuity in your health care.

It doesn't really happen, but if it did, billions of dollars could be saved across the entire industry, I expect.

It would fuck things up though, because with adequate records, there would hardly be any entertainment value to a television show like "House."

:D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5012 on: January 21, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »
I think I fixed the dishwasher test run going now.  Found my wallet :asthing:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #5013 on: January 21, 2009, 02:20:52 PM »
Started back on my meds.  I took a break from them for the past 5 days to lower my resistance, and it wasn't particularly fun.  My brain works a lot better with them, and they make it much easier to get things done, but they stop working unless I take breaks from time to time, and I get listless, irritable and headachy when coming off them; nothing too severe and comparable to coming off of caffeine, but unpleasant all the same.  I also got the psychiatrist to up the dose from 20mg to 25mg on my last visit, which was nice.  I brought my mum along, which I hadn't done before, and she was quite helpful; she has a way of prompting people to action, and she was able to tell the psychiatrist about the improvement she's noticed in me since I started on the dexamphetamine, plus the psychiatrist was hopefully reassured that I was under a degree of supervision at home and thus could be given 'dangerous' meds.

I wasn't too impressed by the psychiatrist's understanding of ADHD; she thought that ADHD meant a person couldn't concentrate much at all.  I tried to explain to her that a person with ADHD can often concentrate perfectly adequately, and could even concentrate too well to the exclusion of everything outside their current focus, and that the problem lay with the ability to voluntarily control the focus of the concentration, but she didn't accept my explanation and stuck to her own understanding, though the end result still worked out the way I wanted.

Baw people don't understand my ADHD. :wanker:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5014 on: January 21, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »
Worked all day. First at the pooter, then in the projection booth.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #5015 on: January 21, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »
Looked for my sig other's cat, who has been AWOL since noon today.

We have an outside cat--very friendly--who Jen brings in sometimes. Today was one of thosetimes. SO she let Puma out while Niko was in. Once she let go of Niko, I made sure Puma was in and locked him in the bathroom until Niko was out. Once he was out, I closed the back door and opened the bathroom door. Haven't seen him since.
Best case scenario: he's "sulking in his tent" somewhere in the house and will come out when hungry.
Worst case scenario: The prop mananger put out traps for strays. If Puma got out, he might've gotten caught--and he doesn't have his tag on. Nor does he have an implant--I'm suspicious of them and they're not cheap, at least around here. So if he doesn't show up, we might have to call the PM and/or the local shelter. The one positive on this scenario is that, if he did get caught, they can tell from the bandage on his broken foot that he wasn't abandoned and probably belongs to someone on the property.
So trying not to worry and will work on a flyer just in case.
Thoughts/prayers in this direction appreciated.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #5016 on: January 22, 2009, 07:18:57 AM »
Started back on my meds.  I took a break from them for the past 5 days to lower my resistance, and it wasn't particularly fun.  My brain works a lot better with them, and they make it much easier to get things done, but they stop working unless I take breaks from time to time, and I get listless, irritable and headachy when coming off them; nothing too severe and comparable to coming off of caffeine, but unpleasant all the same.  I also got the psychiatrist to up the dose from 20mg to 25mg on my last visit, which was nice.  I brought my mum along, which I hadn't done before, and she was quite helpful; she has a way of prompting people to action, and she was able to tell the psychiatrist about the improvement she's noticed in me since I started on the dexamphetamine, plus the psychiatrist was hopefully reassured that I was under a degree of supervision at home and thus could be given 'dangerous' meds.

I wasn't too impressed by the psychiatrist's understanding of ADHD; she thought that ADHD meant a person couldn't concentrate much at all.  I tried to explain to her that a person with ADHD can often concentrate perfectly adequately, and could even concentrate too well to the exclusion of everything outside their current focus, and that the problem lay with the ability to voluntarily control the focus of the concentration, but she didn't accept my explanation and stuck to her own understanding, though the end result still worked out the way I wanted.

The one thing MacMisery excels at is having a miserable life.

I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5017 on: January 22, 2009, 07:22:28 AM »
Slept in, went to the autism association to pay annual fees, spoke to someone I know there, came home and found that my new MedicAlert bracelet came in the mail. The old one was starting to fall apart.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5018 on: January 22, 2009, 11:32:45 AM »

At last, somebody who understands me.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #5019 on: January 22, 2009, 11:41:37 AM »
Tears comin durn.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5020 on: January 22, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »
Worked. Posted. Worked more.

Prepared a print for a screening, to start in ten minutes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5021 on: January 22, 2009, 02:43:54 PM »
Went grocery shopping and went to Fred Meyers.

Offline Pissgai

• King of The Damned
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Button Pusher
« Reply #5022 on: January 25, 2009, 09:10:33 AM »
Started back on my meds.  I took a break from them for the past 5 days to lower my resistance, and it wasn't particularly fun.  My brain works a lot better with them, and they make it much easier to get things done, but they stop working unless I take breaks from time to time, and I get listless, irritable and headachy when coming off them; nothing too severe and comparable to coming off of caffeine, but unpleasant all the same.  I also got the psychiatrist to up the dose from 20mg to 25mg on my last visit, which was nice.  I brought my mum along, which I hadn't done before, and she was quite helpful; she has a way of prompting people to action, and she was able to tell the psychiatrist about the improvement she's noticed in me since I started on the dexamphetamine, plus the psychiatrist was hopefully reassured that I was under a degree of supervision at home and thus could be given 'dangerous' meds.

At last, somebody who understands me.

No, just somebody who finds you pathetic. Hides behind his meds all day 'cause he can't cope while pontificating on people's belief systems.  :zoinks:
I'm here to fuck you up. :P

Member of the Triumvirate.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5023 on: January 25, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

Magic Sarcasm Glasses, anyone?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5024 on: January 31, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »
Gave my 150lbs German Shepard a bath in the tub I got one too :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw