Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133912 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4710 on: November 27, 2008, 09:35:42 AM »
Stuffed turkey.  Put turkey into oven.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4711 on: November 27, 2008, 10:28:28 AM »
i drank wine.

remember when Nomaken was here?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

« Reply #4712 on: November 27, 2008, 12:14:58 PM »
Gotten the mail. Jerked off. Postwhored. Eaten spaghetti. Drunk coffee. Vacuumed (alas).

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4713 on: November 27, 2008, 01:36:29 PM »
Tried on my grandmother's wedding dress.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4714 on: November 27, 2008, 03:08:09 PM »
Worked a lot. Drank some Guinness.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4715 on: November 27, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »
Sorted out my room a bit, which was badly needing it.  It's still piled high with bits and pieces, but I've freed up a few shelves and uncluttered my desk.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4716 on: November 27, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »
Ate way too much :eh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4717 on: November 27, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »
Cooked our turkey on the outdoor grille, slow smoked with pear wood. It was excellent!

I was blessed with pleasant weather.
I had half way expected to have to use a tarp to ward off a misty drizzle, but the sky was clear all day and warmer than in the past month.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4718 on: November 27, 2008, 06:25:41 PM »
We cooked our turkey in the oven using the convection feature for the first time, and it turned out very well.  The breast was very moist and tender.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4719 on: November 27, 2008, 07:02:54 PM »
We cooked our turkey in the oven using the convection feature for the first time, and it turned out very well.  The breast was very moist and tender.

A few years ago I did my first grilled turkey outdoors. My wife was instantly spoiled to having the use of her oven freed up for all the other goodies she likes to make.

No concession, really.

...   and I feel MANLY doing this!
:D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4720 on: November 27, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
Worked a lot. Drank some Guinness.

LOL I read that as "wanked a lot"  :laugh:

Me? I packed my lunch, not much else. Going out soon.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4721 on: November 27, 2008, 07:14:09 PM »

A few years ago I did my first grilled turkey outdoors. My wife was instantly spoiled to having the use of her oven freed up for all the other goodies she likes to make.

No concession, really.

How do you grill it for such a long time?  Do you put the fire on the other side of the grill from the turkey?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4722 on: November 27, 2008, 07:34:23 PM »

No concession, really.

How do you grill it for such a long time?  Do you put the fire on the other side of the grill from the turkey?

First of all, I have a very large grille. If I fill it full of coals it will burn for about six hours, by controlling the airflow. For a turkey, I fill the coals to about half capacity and I renew the smoking wood a couple of times.
I place bricks on the fire base (the kind with holes in them) laid on their sides to make a rectangle, two high and start a big fire and reduce it all to coals inside the brick box. I add unburned wood (no bark, only heart wood) for smoke and close down the air vents to just a whisper. On the bricks, I put a large flat pan which I keep some water in at first. Then on the top grille, where the food normally goes I place one of those large heavy duty disposable foil pans (BTW, spring for one of those fancy ones with the handles and the wire support underneath - worth the money!) with the turkey inside. I cover the turkey for the first hour or so.
After about two hours the unburned wood is mostly turned to coals and stopped smoking, so I remove the turkey, add more unburned wood, empty the water out of the heat deflection pan, open the air vents a little to bring up the temperature and replace the turkey. It takes about three and a half hours and plenty of basting, but it is worth the effort.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:40:21 PM by DirtDawg »

richard

« Reply #4723 on: November 27, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »
masturbated, ate cherry pie and watched football

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4724 on: November 27, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »
Had Thanksgiving with my family, watched Uncle Buck and slept and finished the movie.