Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133788 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4650 on: November 16, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »
Was it for her Birthday? That was the sort of thing that my mum did for me when I was a kid, movie then dinner. I loved it. :)

No, it was not for her birthday.  We try to do things like this with her a lot, but sometimes we can't because of her behavior.

Glad she behaved well for you. Reward her with another fun outing while things are good.

It is not my daughter who causes trouble - it is my son who prevents us from doing fun things. Some things overload him like crazy. A while back we went to a museum exhibit and it fascinated him (bored my daughter, but she was just whiny, not bad, really). His behavior was perfect.

Our next outing was a simple picnic in a park and even though he seemed to love it at the time, he was freaked out about it for days!

Count the good days in "CAPITAL NUMBERS!"

Yes, that's a really good idea.

We took her for a walk to the ice cream store late this morning but unfortunately it was still closed, so we walked on to the grocery store and bought ice cream bars there instead. 

She still behaved very well, even with the unexpected change to our plans.

:woohoo:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4651 on: November 16, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »
Looked at to more houses to work on
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4652 on: November 16, 2008, 09:39:34 PM »
Was it for her Birthday? That was the sort of thing that my mum did for me when I was a kid, movie then dinner. I loved it. :)

No, it was not for her birthday.  We try to do things like this with her a lot, but sometimes we can't because of her behavior.

Glad she behaved well for you. Reward her with another fun outing while things are good.

It is not my daughter who causes trouble - it is my son who prevents us from doing fun things. Some things overload him like crazy. A while back we went to a museum exhibit and it fascinated him (bored my daughter, but she was just whiny, not bad, really). His behavior was perfect.

Our next outing was a simple picnic in a park and even though he seemed to love it at the time, he was freaked out about it for days!

Count the good days in "CAPITAL NUMBERS!"

Yes, that's a really good idea.

We took her for a walk to the ice cream store late this morning but unfortunately it was still closed, so we walked on to the grocery store and bought ice cream bars there instead. 

She still behaved very well, even with the unexpected change to our plans.

:woohoo:

Great.
My mistake was that I waited too long to follow up and the picnic failed. We should have done it the next day or something, instead of waiting until the week end.
I wanted to have my wife with us on the picnic, all together as a family. It doesn't work to try and force grown up concerns on a child.

One of the ways I try to prolong a fun event is by getting them to re-tell the story of the day. They both have so much difficulty turning thoughts into words that I feel this exercise helps them. I also encourage them to draw a scene or two from the day's activities and write on the back a short note about something that made them laugh. (Yes, I milk the hell out of the good days!)
It's part of the routine, now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4653 on: November 16, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »
That's a good idea, DirtDawg.

We did talk about walking to the ice cream store and the grocery store after I read her a story as I was getting her settled in bed.  I told her that we were able to go for that walk to get ice cream because we could trust her to be good since she had been good at the IMAX movie and at dinner. 

She said that it would have been better if the ice cream store had been open.   :laugh:

duncvis

« Reply #4654 on: November 17, 2008, 04:23:46 AM »
raced around for a couple of hours getting kids ready and dropping em off, took mutt out, sat here like a cabbage.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4655 on: November 17, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »
Helped the wife finish off the chicken run and played a lot of Burnout 3: Takedown.

duncvis

« Reply #4656 on: November 17, 2008, 11:09:41 AM »
Helped the wife finish off the chicken run and played a lot of Burnout 3: Takedown.

Love that game.  :headbang2:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4657 on: November 17, 2008, 12:07:10 PM »

So, are you guys going to keep chickens in your back yard now?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #4658 on: November 17, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
Practised with studio lights.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4659 on: November 17, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »
Bought a bunch of old stuff out of someones attic some interesting maybe I post some photos later
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4660 on: November 17, 2008, 03:24:04 PM »
Worked. Left car at repair shop. Paid another handyman. Bought my daughter a present for her birthday. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4661 on: November 17, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »

Love that game.  :headbang2:

I'd have to say that it is the best racing game I've ever played in my life.  8)

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4662 on: November 17, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »

Yep. We seem to have 6 hens and 1 rooster. Hope to get eggs of course and eat the chickens that don't fall into line.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4663 on: November 17, 2008, 10:54:07 PM »

Yep. We seem to have 6 hens and 1 rooster. Hope to get eggs of course and eat the chickens that don't fall into line.

My brother has chickens.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4664 on: November 18, 2008, 03:05:58 AM »
One thing though, kids love the chooks. So does the cat, she climbed into the chicken run and just sat around watching them. I would have though she would have tried to go them, but perhaps the chooks will just fight back. Time will tell.