Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135195 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4470 on: October 10, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »
Worked like mad. I hate the kind of bugs that show themselves about two hours before delivery.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4471 on: October 12, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »
Oddly, I found a shopping basket (one of ours - but we don't sell any of this stuf, except ipods) full of weirdness, in our back lot when I left work, today, left to drift up against the fender of my car. I would have ignored it, but it was blocking my car. I had to move it. My curiousity got the better of me, when I looked at its contents.

I thought at first it was something left behind from one of the other workers, who maybe had been moving residence. No one claimed it or knew anything about it.

I then thought of a homeless thief - but the contents were very strange - there were blankets, clothes, electronica, bags of spices ...

Interesting items inside were ... a professional Motorola headset, with attached microphone, like you see television sportscasters wearing during the shows (guessing - about four hundred bucks), three fairly decent knives (one is a Case lock-back blade, nice, expensive, like a hundred bucks), an Ipod Classic (two fifty), fancy Italian style dress shoes, a Gucci necktie, a bag of pot, several boyish CDs, fancy-looking shades, Movado watch, a cheap wedding band (male)  ...

I put the Case knife, wedding band and the ipod in my pocket, but ignored the rest.

It's bugging me, though. It was like a mysterious cross section of an unknown life I peered into, then decided it held no interest for me.
It bugged me enough that I went back to either get the rest or call the police, but it was gone.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4472 on: October 12, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
I still have the wedding band, Case knife, and the ipod. The ipod is not new, shows some wear, but it is completely empty and fully charged.
The Case knife has what looks like a factory edge on it, sharpish, but no sign of ever having felt a hone.
The wedding band (I checked it with my kit - it's 22k gold) is well worn.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:46:12 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #4473 on: October 12, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
Started fairing my boat...  I'm going to finish it as much as I can with the supplies I have on hand.  Then, I'm going to give it to my Mom when she comes up for Thanksgiving.  Since we're probably going to be selling the house and moving, I can't have a boat kicking around.  I should be able to finish it to the point where all she'll have to do is paint it.

We're probably going to have a garage sale this weekend to try to get rid of as much stuff as possible.  I want to get down to a backpack of stuff.  Or at least a car load.  We'll see. 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #4474 on: October 12, 2008, 07:32:20 PM »
Finished power washing the house. It finally looks eggshell again and no longer looks grey. Right now I am watching the Patriots at San Diego and inventorying a bunch of comic books.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4475 on: October 12, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
Finished power washing the house. It finally looks eggshell again and no longer looks grey. Right now I am watching the Patriots at San Diego and inventorying a bunch of comic books.

Heh, I read that last sentence as:

Right now I am watching the Patriots at San Diego and inventorying a bunch of comic books.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4476 on: October 13, 2008, 01:57:16 AM »
woke up at 03.30, and couldn't get back to sleep until 05.00 (should've just got up  >:( ); finally got up at half eight; put out dustbin, recycling and compost bins; made tea; wrote emails; checked my knitting site; got on here.

thrilling, isn't it?  ::)

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4477 on: October 13, 2008, 04:13:21 AM »
woke up at 03.30, and couldn't get back to sleep until 05.00 (should've just got up  >:( ); finally got up at half eight; put out dustbin, recycling and compost bins; made tea; wrote emails; checked my knitting site; got on here.

What knitting site do you go to?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4478 on: October 13, 2008, 04:28:53 AM »

knitting for the criminally insane.  dot com.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4479 on: October 13, 2008, 05:09:27 AM »

Knitting will do that to a person.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4480 on: October 13, 2008, 06:02:50 AM »
Had a dream about a girl I used to know.  I was avoiding her because she was married and it was awkward that I still liked her, which is pretty much how it is IRL, except without the weird crazy guy trying to kill me and with fewer castles.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4481 on: October 13, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »

Knitting will do that to a person.

:laugh:  so that's my excuse!

:thumbup:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4482 on: October 13, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »
Worked in a really bad area today.  Had my 16 year old with me he saw someone get mugged down the road while he was sitting in the truck
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4483 on: October 13, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
Worked a lot. Obsessed on stuff. Installed software on my mobile phone.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4484 on: October 13, 2008, 02:49:12 PM »
worked like stink; went for a walk; did some shopping - i'm making organic jams, chutneys and pickles for xmas hampers for my families people - did no knitting whatsoever.  :yikes: