Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134317 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4005 on: August 05, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
not a lot.  knitted, pratted about on the internets, spoke to police re: neighbours (daily event these days, sigh...), did a bit of shopping, watched a stupid biker do a magnificent slide and come off his bike cos he was too close to me when i braked...

how exciting it that?   :yawn:
It would have been more exciting if you put your foot down...  :evillaugh:

i would have had to change into reverse, too, which would've been far too much effort.  ;)
True, true...
You could do a handbrake turn instead though, the exhilaration is worth it...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4006 on: August 05, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »
 :laugh:

in my old banger, that'd probably make the chassis disintegrate.   ;D

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #4007 on: August 05, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
Went on a walk, surfing the internet, etc.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4008 on: August 05, 2008, 10:30:33 PM »
Oooh, what's your new job?

I'm not absolutely positive I have it yet, but Human Resources called and indicated that I will get it, telling me that I need to bring my Social Security card, my driver's license, and a voided check for direct deposit after I officially get and accept the offer.  It is the same job I have been doing as a volunteer for over a year, which is riding a bus with my daughter and some other autistic children to two autism schools about a ninety minute ride from where we live.  I started riding with just my daughter and a driver, but then the school district added another child to the bus so of course I looked after her as well.  Now the school district plans to add one or two more kids to the bus and they decided they needed to hire someone to watch over the children instead of just having me volunteer, so I applied for the job.

I started riding the bus with her when she started attending the autism school because the transportation department wanted to transport her only if they were allowed to attach her to her seat with a harness.  My husband and I argued that would have been inappropriate for her because she would fight being restrained like this, she would do everything she could to figure out how to remove the harness, and she would act out in ways they never considered because of being upset over the restraint.  She would wear a seat belt without any problem, because she was used to wearing that, but not a harness.  Also, at this time, she had never in her life taken off her seat belt in a moving vehicle, so harnessing her into her seat was not logically justified.  I told them that I would ride the bus with her rather than have her restrained like this.  They sent me a certified letter saying that they would transport her without the harness if I was available to ride with her both ways every day, but the certified letter also threatened to call the police if she acted up and would not cooperate with having the harness put on her, or if I would not do it.

It's kind of ironic, in a way.  I was called into a meeting with the Transportation department and the Student Services department because, shortly after I broke my finger, my daughter took off her seat belt and pulled the driver's hair and also took off the seat belt again after I put a safety clip on it that is supposed to keep children from removing their seat belts and pulled the other little girl's hair.  I was expecting them to insist again that she wear the harness, or else they wouldn't transport her.  In the meeting, I told them that my daughter never took off her seat belt until she saw the other little girl on the bus take hers off first and they seemed shocked.  I don't know why that was so shocking to them.  The driver had requested a safety clip to prevent this little girl from taking off her seat belt because she did it again one day when my daughter and I didn't ride the bus and it scared the driver badly.  Why would she ask for such a thing unless it was needed and why could her boss not put this together?

Anyway, the brand new head of Student Services listened carefully to everyone and then decided they needed to hire and train a paraprofessional to ride the bus.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4009 on: August 05, 2008, 10:35:27 PM »
I'm glad they decided to hire someone (especially that it was you, since you were volunteering anyway). I'm against unnecessary restraint for kids.

:plus: for standing up for your daughter. This ought to go in fighting examples.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #4010 on: August 06, 2008, 03:14:08 AM »
:laugh:

in my old banger, that'd probably make the chassis disintegrate.   ;D
Now your reminding me of an old teacher of mine who bought an old banger everytime he needed a new tank. Or at least that would explain all the different corroded cars he showed up in...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4011 on: August 06, 2008, 03:50:47 AM »
sadly, i get them cos it's all i can afford, and because i always get the littlest engine size possible.  anyway, i only use the wretched thing about once a week, and less when i'm not working, so i don't need (or want) anything flashy.

this one's lasted four years, and it cost £400, so i reckon i've got my money's worth.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4012 on: August 06, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »
It's got a personality, though, your car. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4013 on: August 06, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »

true.  unfortunately, it's psycho road rage beast.  :laugh:  or is that me...?

here's pretentiousness for you: someone i worked with a little while ago claimed my car had "italian chic".  stupid fucking bitch.   ::)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4014 on: August 06, 2008, 03:39:19 PM »

true.  unfortunately, it's psycho road rage beast.  :laugh:  or is that me...?

That's you. :laugh:

here's pretentiousness for you: someone i worked with a little while ago claimed my car had "italian chic".  stupid fucking bitch.   ::)

:LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #4015 on: August 06, 2008, 04:50:15 PM »
Absolutely, fucking nothing, zero zip nada.  I just spent the day wandering the internet, watching sports shows on the idiot box, drinking beer, eating and relaxing.   After spending a week and driving 1000 miles all over kingdom come.   :P

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4016 on: August 06, 2008, 05:45:04 PM »
Slept in because of the rain,  bid couple  a jobs
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4017 on: August 07, 2008, 05:27:20 AM »
Worked. Still working, in fact, but I can do little more than wait for stuff to finish, atm.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4018 on: August 07, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »
fuck all really, yet again.  still, i s'pose i am on holiday, sort of...

oh, baking a cherry clafoutis - does that count?  and Thought about Things a lot.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #4019 on: August 07, 2008, 12:20:52 PM »
went shopping, got high on opiates and had a wank
a normal day
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:23:28 PM by BATMAN2.1 »
batcat