Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134290 times)

Blasted

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3900 on: July 14, 2008, 09:58:20 AM »
I made certain steps to return to college plus I got scouted  :green:

Apparently I have a good "look"  :orly: They took my name number and a spazzy picture and gave me a business card.

Next step is that the bookers have to like me.  Which won't happen cause I looked like an eejit on the photo  :zoinks:

We are always our own worst critics when we see ourselves in photographs.

I have no idea what an "eejit" could be or might look like, but in the one pic I've seen of you, you look pretty damn good, as "hot babes" go.
Looks should not matter, anyway. They took your photograph, most likely, for identification/record keeping purposes, only.

I got scouted twice today!

Fuck me, I don't know what's going on.  It's not like I look different or anything :P Plus I'd make a shitty model cause I'm not photogenic.  Although the third so called "scouting" was just a pervy guy who was trying to get laid  :green: "Larry Model Management" ffs, like that sounds genuine. 

Still, I feel great and it definitely boosted my self-esteem up loads  :laugh:

ozymandias

« Reply #3901 on: July 14, 2008, 10:58:57 AM »
Sent another care package to Amber at camp.  Looked at a disc of pictures she's taken over the last couple of months.  She really has quite an artistic eye!   8)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3902 on: July 14, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »
Met up with the girl I went to Arran with.  We were originally going to go swimming, but she changed her mind and decided to go ice skating instead, which she'd never done before, but she wanted to stop after about 30 minutes since her boots were hurting her and she was bored.  Hopefully things will go better next time we meet up.  On the way back (a 90 minute trip), I stopped and got some new figure-hugging t-shirts in size extra small.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:23:53 PM by Peter »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3903 on: July 14, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »

Apparently I have a good "look"  :orly: They took my name number and a spazzy picture and gave me a business card.

Next step is that the bookers have to like me.  Which won't happen cause I looked like an eejit on the photo  :zoinks:

I have no idea what an "eejit" could be or might look like, but in the one pic I've seen of you, you look pretty damn good, as "hot babes" go.
Looks should not matter, anyway. They took your photograph, most likely, for identification/record keeping purposes, only.

Fuck me, I don't know what's going on.  It's not like I look different or anything :P Plus I'd make a shitty model cause I'm not photogenic.  Although the third so called "scouting" was just a pervy guy who was trying to get laid  :green: "Larry Model Management" ffs, like that sounds genuine. 

I suppose I misunderstood the significance of your inclusion of the word, "plus" in your statement. I also now realise that you are referring to a different kind of scouting. I though that you were still talking in a "return to college" context.

What happened today sounds to me more like one possible "scouting" and one outright "scoping."  Anyway, keep in mind that to be successful as a model, a person does not have to be particularly photogenic or anything at all like normal. They only have to be interesting and not overly unpleasant looking. You are very interesting and more than pleasant to look at. Don't worry about that part.

I believe that the expression, "photogenic,"  is a most horrible term when used to describe how predictably appealing a specific facial structure might appear to be when misrepresented in a two dimensional rendering. The well qualified artists working with live models in two dimensions have an incredible number of tools at their disposal, many of which are quite effective in allowing an artist to create a powerful illusion of that missing third dimension and implying missing dimensional information well beyond illusion OR reality in a flat art medium.

Remember, you can not asses your "looks"  in a photograph by the same flipped-around-backwards standard you are accustomed to seeing when you look in a mirror.  Might work if your face was one hundred per cent perfectly symmetrical to the finest detail, but then you would not be human.

Be careful of any modeling agent who does not present you with a portfolio of working models they have represented in the past.

This is good to see!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:55:54 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #3904 on: July 14, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
Finished cleaning the downstairs bathroom...................NEXT   :P

GalileoAce

« Reply #3905 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:53 PM »
Finished cleaning the downstairs bathroom...................NEXT   :P

You can do mine next if you'd like :P

ozymandias

« Reply #3906 on: July 14, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »
Finished cleaning the downstairs bathroom...................NEXT   :P

You can do mine next if you'd like :P

I'll let you know when I'm in the land of OZ!   :P

On second thought clean your own fucking toilet!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:09:34 PM by ozymandias »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3907 on: July 14, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
Read up on the Belgian Holocaust denial law.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #3908 on: July 16, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »

I suppose I misunderstood the significance of your inclusion of the word, "plus" in your statement. I also now realise that you are referring to a different kind of scouting. I though that you were still talking in a "return to college" context.

What happened today sounds to me more like one possible "scouting" and one outright "scoping."  Anyway, keep in mind that to be successful as a model, a person does not have to be particularly photogenic or anything at all like normal. They only have to be interesting and not overly unpleasant looking. You are very interesting and more than pleasant to look at. Don't worry about that part.

I believe that the expression, "photogenic,"  is a most horrible term when used to describe how predictably appealing a specific facial structure might appear to be when misrepresented in a two dimensional rendering. The well qualified artists working with live models in two dimensions have an incredible number of tools at their disposal, many of which are quite effective in allowing an artist to create a powerful illusion of that missing third dimension and implying missing dimensional information well beyond illusion OR reality in a flat art medium.

Remember, you can not asses your "looks"  in a photograph by the same flipped-around-backwards standard you are accustomed to seeing when you look in a mirror.  Might work if your face was one hundred per cent perfectly symmetrical to the finest detail, but then you would not be human.

Be careful of any modeling agent who does not present you with a portfolio of working models they have represented in the past.

This is good to see!

Well, as I said, they called me back and want me to model for them.  They are legit and all cause I checked and googled them and stuff.

There are people though who photograph really well but obviously anyone can look decent with the right lights and Photoshop  :zoinks:

TheoK

« Reply #3909 on: July 16, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »
Having pain in my jaw. Had a molar extracted last week. :(

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #3910 on: July 16, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

Get it checked to make sure it's healing properly and you don't have a dry socket.  :(  Hope you feel better.

TheoK

« Reply #3911 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
The molar had a root canal for many years, so there might be some infection or change in the structure of the bone, though it looked perfectly OK on X-ray...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3912 on: July 16, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »

It could take some time to heal. What did the dentist say about it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #3913 on: July 16, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »
She said it looked good. There might be a small infection there but not visible on X-ray.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3914 on: July 16, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »
Well, if you have painkillers you're all set, still. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein