Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135124 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3870 on: July 11, 2008, 12:48:30 AM »
Had a Wii night. Played Mario Kart Wii that I got as payment for installing Win98SE on someones old computer cos they bought a new hard drive for it.

Also played around more with my modded Xbox that I got for free. Mainly just trying to update all the software on it and play with settings/skins etc.

You get too much stuff for free... You should share ;)

You should get onto Freecycle. If there isnt a group in your area, start one up. That's what my wife did. She is the Mod for the Knox area Freecycle.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3871 on: July 11, 2008, 12:57:02 AM »
I went to a university today to hand my application in for a bridging course. I had to write a page about my opinion on the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh. Geez. Well, I learnt something new.

I find out after the 21st whether I got into the course.
Cool. What sort of degree does the bridging course lead on to, or is it open?
  ;D
It is open. My plan is to study Psychology for a year then switch universities to study Behavioural Science.

It has been so long since I have wanted to do something worthwhile.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3872 on: July 11, 2008, 03:22:20 AM »
I went to a university today to hand my application in for a bridging course. I had to write a page about my opinion on the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh. Geez. Well, I learnt something new.

I find out after the 21st whether I got into the course.
Cool. What sort of degree does the bridging course lead on to, or is it open?
  ;D
It is open. My plan is to study Psychology for a year then switch universities to study Behavioural Science.

It has been so long since I have wanted to do something worthwhile.
Sounds like a good plan. Just a couple of thoughts, have you applied elsewhere in case of rejection (it can happen to anyone and everyone, regardless how good they are), and have you got an idea as to what you want to do after the degree?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3873 on: July 11, 2008, 04:01:52 AM »
No I haven't applied anywhere else, the bridging course is only run at one particular university here and the person I handed in my application to said it was very good. :)

I am not exactly sure what I want to do after the degree. As I want to talk to people about autism (not worldwide, haha, just locally), I want to better understand the human mind to I can do better at communicating ideas.

Maybe I am full of myself and an idiot for thinking I can do this, but I want to give it my best shot.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #3874 on: July 11, 2008, 04:20:06 AM »
Nothing yet but working on it.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3875 on: July 11, 2008, 05:04:28 AM »
No I haven't applied anywhere else, the bridging course is only run at one particular university here and the person I handed in my application to said it was very good. :)

I am not exactly sure what I want to do after the degree. As I want to talk to people about autism (not worldwide, haha, just locally), I want to better understand the human mind to I can do better at communicating ideas.

Maybe I am full of myself and an idiot for thinking I can do this, but I want to give it my best shot.
I would personally be looking myself at other courses just in case, but then I am a paranoid bugger. :P Good luck with getting that place, if they said it was very good, chances are that you have it.

And you are not being full of yourself at all, far from it. If you are after doing the speaking circuit, universities can be a good place to build up contacts, and your union might run a debating society of sorts so you can get practise at public speaking. Plus those societies can attract amazing public figures that come and give speeches, we had Patrick Stewart come up a year or so back (before my time, but meh).

ozymandias

« Reply #3876 on: July 11, 2008, 05:17:39 AM »

Your not an idiot for exploring and reaching out for your goals and potential.  So give it your best shot.   :thumbup:

Blasted

« Reply #3877 on: July 11, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »
I made certain steps to return to college plus I got scouted  :green:

Apparently I have a good "look"  :orly: They took my name number and a spazzy picture and gave me a business card.

Next step is that the bookers have to like me.  Which won't happen cause I looked like an eejit on the photo  :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3878 on: July 11, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
Packed up stuff to sell at the flea market Sunday
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3879 on: July 11, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »

Apparently I have a good "look"  :orly: They took my name number and a spazzy picture and gave me a business card.

Next step is that the bookers have to like me.  Which won't happen cause I looked like an eejit on the photo  :zoinks:

We are always our own worst critics when we see ourselves in photographs.

I have no idea what an "eejit" could be or might look like, but in the one pic I've seen of you, you look pretty damn good, as "hot babes" go.
Looks should not matter, anyway. They took your photograph, most likely, for identification/record keeping purposes, only.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3880 on: July 11, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »

Tidied up after playing Plumber yesterday and replaced the insulation and vapor barrier where the plumbing leak soaked it through.

I ran a fan on it all day and night to help dry the wood flooring, then sealed it up.

I'm SO tired of crawlspaces right now! Fucking spidery as hell down there, this year, too. I don't mind them on me while I'm watching, but in the dark or with just a small light, it creeps out my brain and I leave rationality aside for a bit.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3881 on: July 11, 2008, 03:04:27 PM »

No, you're not. I think you are fab. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3882 on: July 11, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
Worked. Bought beer and crisps. Bought a PC game.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #3883 on: July 11, 2008, 04:20:43 PM »
Made a delicious ham sandwich for supper with vegetable juice and chips!  YUM

GalileoAce

« Reply #3884 on: July 11, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »

We are always our own worst critics when we see ourselves in photographs.

I have no idea what an "eejit" could be or might look like, but in the one pic I've seen of you, you look pretty damn good, as "hot babes" go.
Looks should not matter, anyway. They took your photograph, most likely, for identification/record keeping purposes, only.

An "eejit" is an idiot.