Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133952 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3840 on: July 05, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »
Had a sixty three year old man arrested and taken to jail on felony charges.

I guess he is too young for social security but no worry you have no bills in jail

GAWD! I hate having to be Recognized for doing my job. I really want a different job, anyway. I am qualified to the Geek Squad, awaiting an opening. Once again this is going to delay my getting into the areas in which I want to work

They should recognize you by letting you have your pick of what he had :)

I slept most of today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3841 on: July 05, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
I did that to get the job in the first place. I was tired of hearing that I was "over-qualified for the position."

I can't do that continuously. I still scald the outer layers of skin off my upper body sometimes just to feel something, like this morning. I can't dumb down enough to fool the ones who know a bit about me at this point.

I'll have to wait for an opening.

Don't worry, I have no intention of sabotaging any of the others who hold positions I would like to be placed in, myself.

I will wait.

Interesting problem. I've not extrapolated that far before.

Do you have a greater cause?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3842 on: July 06, 2008, 06:00:53 AM »

I saw a Nintendo Dance Pad in a cart and my sense of propriety told me that this old man was buying it as a gift. He probably doesn't dance much with a Nintendo.
Wait a minute, his grandkids are probably too old for a Nintendo Dance Pad (my Loss Prevention paranoia screams at me!)

My mum's 60, and her grandkids are both about 1 year old.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

ozymandias

« Reply #3843 on: July 06, 2008, 06:08:15 AM »
Going somewhere?

I was driving to NY state to bring Amber to her camp and visit my inlaws for a week.  Carla was staying home so I deactivate all the notifications so she doesn't get overwhelmed with the emails in the morning.  There isn't much of an internet connection at my inlaws, they have dial up only so I don't waste time trying to get on.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3844 on: July 06, 2008, 02:03:03 PM »
Repaired the old Volvo 745, for the eleventeeth time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3845 on: July 06, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »
Cleaned in the basement,  put my machine in the trailer
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3846 on: July 06, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »

What was wrong with it?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3847 on: July 06, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »

I saw a Nintendo Dance Pad in a cart and my sense of propriety told me that this old man was buying it as a gift. He probably doesn't dance much with a Nintendo.
Wait a minute, his grandkids are probably too old for a Nintendo Dance Pad (my Loss Prevention paranoia screams at me!)

Your mum is not a typical case in considering this local area of the globe. I might extend that projection to include you too and possibly your nieces and nephews in addition.

I like  exceptions, though. What else ya got?
:D

(liKe, not lie! the edit sort of changes the meaning - sorry! At least I can see most of my typos now and fix them.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:39:58 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3848 on: July 06, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »

What was wrong with it?

The AC fan broke into a thousand pieces when I was driving home from work the other day. And that was literally a thousand pieces. They were everywhere in the system. I had to take it all apart and locate the larger ones before I dared to put in a new one. Sooner or later those pieces would have broken something else, perhaps even the new fan (actually an old one that I happened to have lying around).

Yay for me, though, because I got it all to work again. 8)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #3849 on: July 06, 2008, 04:23:58 PM »
Took care of the animal shelter junk rejects, mowed the lawn, cleaned my car, trimmed some tree branches, brought Carla her lunch at work and coffee, went to lunch at KFC.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3850 on: July 06, 2008, 10:10:26 PM »

What was wrong with it?

The AC fan broke into a thousand pieces when I was driving home from work the other day. And that was literally a thousand pieces. They were everywhere in the system. I had to take it all apart and locate the larger ones before I dared to put in a new one. Sooner or later those pieces would have broken something else, perhaps even the new fan (actually an old one that I happened to have lying around).

Yay for me, though, because I got it all to work again. 8)

That's cool that you actually had an old one lying around.

:plus:

I used to fix all sorts of things on my old Buick, but then I wanted a car with a better repair record, so I bought a Honda and sold the Buick.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3851 on: July 06, 2008, 10:13:48 PM »

Your mum is not a typical case in considering this local area of the globe. I might extend that projection to include you too and possibly your nieces and nephews in addition.

(liKe, not lie! the edit sort of changes the meaning - sorry! At least I can see most of my typos now and fix them.)

My mom was 60 when she died and she had grandchildren who could have played with Nintendo, and she still would, if she were still alive.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3852 on: July 07, 2008, 02:55:12 AM »
60 is a young age to die, my mum is 61.

I went to a university today to hand my application in for a bridging course. I had to write a page about my opinion on the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh. Geez. Well, I learnt something new.

I find out after the 21st whether I got into the course.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #3853 on: July 07, 2008, 05:48:24 AM »
60 is a young age to die, my mum is 61.

I went to a university today to hand my application in for a bridging course. I had to write a page about my opinion on the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh. Geez. Well, I learnt something new.

I find out after the 21st whether I got into the course.

Cool. What sort of degree does the bridging course lead on to, or is it open?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3854 on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:17 AM »

My mom was 60 when she died and she had grandchildren who could have played with Nintendo, and she still would, if she were still alive.

Wow, that's way too young to die!
I actually misjudged the old man's age by a decade at first. I admit that his looks led me to inspect his purchase fully. He was not well kept and "looked" too old for anything Nintendo related. If there were other instinctual perceptions, besides the upside-down handle, they were well beneath my conscious observations.

I think it's really cool when old people keep up with changing technology and he obviously has, but he took a criminal tack. I HAD to bust him.
 :violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.