Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133826 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3825 on: June 27, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »
I'm almost ten years younger than you are, then. But I still want your eyes instead of mine.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3826 on: June 27, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »
Bought a 6 foot by 10 foot enclosed trailer for work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3827 on: June 27, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »
Wrangled with the utility company over the phone. Why the flying fuck do they send an email saying "There is an important message about your account, please call us at 1-866-...." instead of just putting in the email what the problem is?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #3828 on: June 27, 2008, 06:54:38 PM »
Wrangled with the utility company over the phone. Why the flying fuck do they send an email saying "There is an important message about your account, please call us at 1-866-...." instead of just putting in the email what the problem is?

Sounds like a scammer fishing for your info.  If it was legit, they would have sent something by snail mail.  We've gotten tons of them from the cable company, the banks, etc.  Call the utilities number that you get with your bill or find the consumer protection agency in your state and present the facts.  Good luck! 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3829 on: June 27, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »

I hate that!

I've had the same problem with the gas company. I had forgotten to pay the bill and they wanted to warn me that they were going to cut my gas off if I didn't pay them in a couple of days. They could have put that in the email, FFS! I tried to call them and worked my way through their Son of Microsoft Sam, electronic voice menu twice to no end, when my phone battery went dead (Yes, I'm that fucking disorganized sometimes). I got very frustrated. The next morning, I received the first meaningful communication I had gotten from them in the form of a little yellow door tag, hung on a door we almost never use, stating that they had cut off my service for nonpayment (fucking Ooops!!) and that I would have to pay a deposit to get it turned back on.
:hair:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3830 on: June 27, 2008, 07:17:31 PM »
Similar deal here, but I had a week to pay them.

And then on the phone, they tried to get me to go to their website and pay there. Look, whatever dumbass management type is behind this system, if you want to cut your costs by automating stuff online, and appeal to your geek customers, you do not make the phone an intermediary! Especially with an idiot salesguy who keeps trying to slap processing charges on me, and then telling me he's doing a special favor by waiving them, when I complain.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #3831 on: June 27, 2008, 07:31:09 PM »
deactivated my topic reply notifications for the week I'm going to be gone to the black hole of cyberspace, radio signals and tv reception.  I'v got lots of reading material and hopefully my father in law will have a shed for me to tear down piece by piece!  Creative Destruction rules!   :headbang2:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3832 on: June 28, 2008, 03:53:05 PM »
Going somewhere?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3833 on: June 28, 2008, 03:53:37 PM »
Test drove a Ford S-Max.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3834 on: June 28, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »
Picked up my trailer easy to go forward a bitch to back in the driveway
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3835 on: July 05, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »

Had a sixty three year old man arrested and taken to jail on felony charges.

I saw a Nintendo Dance Pad in a cart and my sense of propriety told me that this old man was buying it as a gift. He probably doesn't dance much with a Nintendo.
Wait a minute, his grandkids are probably too old for a Nintendo Dance Pad (my Loss Prevention paranoia screams at me!)

He fucked up though. He placed the UPC barcode up (instead of the built-in carry handle, like everyone else), where the register clerk could scan it without touching it. Why would he do that?

I blocked his exit and insisted on inspecting his purchase. He had four $429 Logitech universal remotes, five pieces of Mac software totaling well over one thousand dollars, two wireless routers for Mac, $500 each, nine 8GB flash drives (nearly a hundred dollars per unit) six sticks of RAM (seventy two dollars per unit).

His theft would have been over five thousand dollars if I had not noticed hismistake of placing the handle DOWN.

Only problem is that i will be "Recognized"  for this .

GAWD! I hate having to be Recognized for doing my job. I really want a different job, anyway. I am qualified to the Geek Squad, awaiting an opening. Once again this is going to delay my getting into the areas in which I want to work.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3836 on: July 05, 2008, 04:19:10 PM »
GAWD! I hate having to be Recognized for doing my job. I really want a different job, anyway. I am qualified to the Geek Squad, awaiting an opening. Once again this is going to delay my getting into the areas in which I want to work.

Yeah. Know what you mean. Only solution I know is to take competence underground until you fit people's idea of a noob for the position you want. But that feels dicey - I don't want to have to live in a world where it's necessary to pretend to be an idiot in order to seek growth in a new area.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3837 on: July 05, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »

Yeah. Know what you mean. Only solution I know is to take competence underground until you fit people's idea of a noob for the position you want. But that feels dicey - I don't want to have to live in a world where it's necessary to pretend to be an idiot in order to seek growth in a new area.

I did that to get the job in the first place. I was tired of hearing that I was "over-qualified for the position."

I can't do that continuously. I still scald the outer layers of skin off my upper body sometimes just to feel something, like this morning. I can't dumb down enough to fool the ones who know a bit about me at this point.

I'll have to wait for an opening.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3838 on: July 05, 2008, 05:42:12 PM »

Don't worry, I have no intention of sabotaging any of the others who hold positions I would like to be placed in, myself.

I will wait.

ozymandias

« Reply #3839 on: July 05, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »
Went shopping and spent most of the day trying to catch up to my sacred routines!