Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134065 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3705 on: June 13, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »
Had a few friends over for Wii night, played Wii Bowling, Wii Tenis, and 2 rounds of Mario Party 8. Had snacks and drinks. Finished it off by watching The Mighty Boosh, The Legend of Old Gregg. A good time was had by all.

ozymandias

« Reply #3706 on: June 13, 2008, 11:41:38 AM »
Did some more painting of the house today!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3707 on: June 13, 2008, 12:48:57 PM »

I was hoping that drapes would have been enough for the season, but my wife is pushing to get me to paint the living room, kitchen, dining room and REpaint the kid's bathroom. (We JUST painted the kid's bath!)

I need courage.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3708 on: June 13, 2008, 01:57:48 PM »

I was hoping that drapes would have been enough for the season, but my wife is pushing to get me to paint the living room, kitchen, dining room and REpaint the kid's bathroom. (We JUST painted the kid's bath!)

I need courage.

Why, she didn't like the way the color looked once it was on the walls?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3709 on: June 13, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »

I need courage.

No, that would make sense.

Colors often look different by the wallsworth than they do on a one inch swatch. It takes a good measure of cleverness and some forgiveness to choose colors that way.

We are switching from a garden theme to an underwater theme. It all sounds very cool, but we took over a week to paint four walls into a continuous mural of trees, sky, flowers, vines, birds, butterflies, etc.

Now we're going to paint it into coral, seaweed, jellyfish, a shark, some eels, starfish, a school of "shiners" and who knows what else.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3710 on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:42 PM »
Installed .Net Visual Studio at work. Worst piece of bloatware I've ever seen.

And I broke the office coffee machine. People hate me now. :zoinks:

Gee, that just about makes your the anti-christ doesn't it?

Yes, I'm now constantly reminded of my sins.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3711 on: June 13, 2008, 04:39:58 PM »
Hooked up the new dishwasher
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3712 on: June 13, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »
We are switching from a garden theme to an underwater theme. It all sounds very cool, but we took over a week to paint four walls into a continuous mural of trees, sky, flowers, vines, birds, butterflies, etc.

Now we're going to paint it into coral, seaweed, jellyfish, a shark, some eels, starfish, a school of "shiners" and who knows what else.

I don't know whether to be jealous or intimidated by the insane amount of creativity in your household.  :P I've painted a couple murals in my parents' houses, but nothing so elaborate.

Actually, what I really am is wondering about misdirected energy.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #3713 on: June 13, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »

I don't know whether to be jealous or intimidated by the insane amount of creativity in your household.  :P I've painted a couple murals in my parents' houses, but nothing so elaborate.

Nicely put, "misdirected energy" is an awesome phrase.  And a very insightful one!  :plus:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3714 on: June 13, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »

Actually, the energy required to create a simple cartoon-like mural for a kid's room is not wasted at all. It gives them something unique that is just their own. They also get to be messy with paint and stuff while I put down the base coats of the backgrounds. 
My wife is actually a bit of a graphics artist, but she works mainly in 2D with paints, etc. My "painting talent" lies in my ability to force perspective, imply direction to lighting that remains consistent across a forced perspective (easy for me, not so for some) and when it applies to the project, artificially "age" and "wear-in" things in ways that make them appear more real. I wish I had detailed shots of the photo sets I have built. You might be impressed, if what I am talking about made any sense.

The problem and one possible example of misdirected energy in my way of thinking about it, stems from the fact that we did the current decoration during this past winter when I also replaced the toilet, tub, window and door. I am telling myself that she just NEEDS this "release" and that I should help make it possible.

GalileoAce

« Reply #3715 on: June 13, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »
Had a few friends over for Wii night, played Wii Bowling, Wii Tenis, and 2 rounds of Mario Party 8. Had snacks and drinks. Finished it off by watching The Mighty Boosh, The Legend of Old Gregg. A good time was had by all.

So that's why I need to move back to Geelong/Melbourne.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #3716 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »
Shopped for nursery furniture.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #3717 on: June 13, 2008, 10:21:45 PM »

So that's why I need to move back to Geelong/Melbourne.

Yes.

Start packing.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3718 on: June 13, 2008, 11:33:38 PM »

I need courage.

No, that would make sense.

Colors often look different by the wallsworth than they do on a one inch swatch. It takes a good measure of cleverness and some forgiveness to choose colors that way.

Wow, that does sound cool and creative, but so does the garden theme.

We had a fish bathroom when we first moved into our house, but we changed it to flowers.  Nothing nearly as elaborate as yours, though.

:laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3719 on: June 14, 2008, 02:49:55 AM »

I am jealous. I would have adored my parents for that if they had done it for me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae