Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134358 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3675 on: June 08, 2008, 10:55:58 AM »
Went fishing today only caught one little fish.

How little is little?  I caught 8 fish yesterday, ranging in length from 1cm to 4cm.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3676 on: June 08, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »
Some yard work damn it's hot
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #3677 on: June 08, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
I mowed a third of my lawn before I called it a day for that.  Try another third tomorrow.  Visited the wife at work, brought her coffee.  Took Amber to have her nails done, out to lunch, shoe shopping.  Started some laundry.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3678 on: June 08, 2008, 01:38:43 PM »
today, i did what will be my usual thing for at least the next month/six weeks or so, with one or two exceptions.  i marked GCSE papers; did some knitting; prepared and ate food; studied finnish; read and sunbathed.  the last will probably change, cos of the variable weather, and i'd ike to add "exercised" to that list every day. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3679 on: June 08, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »
Test drove cars, installed stuff on the new pooter, installed two wireless network cards on the old pooters (one for each kid), backed up the rest from the old pooter and started deleting stuff, and did some laundry.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3680 on: June 08, 2008, 04:52:59 PM »

I picked up my new (actually a used item) bike, today.

I like it. It's kind of a fancy hybrid design between mountain bike and racer.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3681 on: June 08, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »

"It's All Too Much"

:GA:

In the latest assessment ...

I'm OK with watching a "friend" get pranged (lightly) by a car and end up hospitalised, but I have no idea how to handle the happy tear  shit, involving my dad.

They say that men are mostly ridiculed in their youth, challenged to prove up in the middle of their lives and ignored in their old age. The ones who are honored after their deaths, by their colleagues, have kindly touched many, many lives. I knew my father had been a kind man. I just had no idea that so many, so widespread and diverse a collective of people, also knew this to be so.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 05:30:21 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

GalileoAce

« Reply #3682 on: June 09, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »

"It's All Too Much"

I'm OK with watching a "friend" get pranged (lightly) by a car and end up hospitalised, but I have no idea how to handle the happy tear  shit, involving my dad.

They say that men are mostly ridiculed in their youth, challenged to prove up in the middle of their lives and ignored in their old age. The ones who are honored after their deaths, by their colleagues, have kindly touched many, many lives. I knew my father had been a kind man. I just had no idea that so many, so widespread and diverse a collective of people, also knew this to be so.

You could put that in the acceptance (?) speech if there is one... Or something.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3683 on: June 09, 2008, 10:43:43 PM »

"It's All Too Much"

You could put that in the acceptance (?) speech if there is one... Or something.

Actually, that's a good idea for an opener. Thank you.

I was asked to say a few words or at the very least, approve/review in advance what would be said by another if I could not make it.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:45:31 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3684 on: June 10, 2008, 03:48:15 PM »
Chased bugs in a documentation system.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #3685 on: June 10, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »
Killed a wasp inside the house to keep bee sting allergy daughter safe!  :police:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #3686 on: June 10, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »
Went fishing today only caught one little fish.

How little is little?  I caught 8 fish yesterday, ranging in length from 1cm to 4cm.
They are small. My was 4 inches.

Went fishing yesterday and caught 2 fish one trout and one bullhead. Trout was 13 1/2 inches bullhead was 11 inches.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3687 on: June 11, 2008, 02:22:36 PM »
Wrote some XSL stylesheets.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3688 on: June 11, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »
houseworked.  yes, the pod people arrived and took over my brain, and i vacuumed most of the house, cleaned the bath and sink, swept the stairs (handbrush, please note) even washed up.  i recovered myself before they made me clean the cooker, though, thank fuck.

however, the most fun thing i did today was to vacuum my mattress.  i coudln't be arsed spending stupid money on a special "mattress tool"  ( ::) ), so yes, i hauled my upright dyson up onto my (very high) bed, and wheeled it all over the mattress!  i was cracking up the whole time!  just to retain some sense of sanity, though, i didn't get up onto the bed myself, merely orchestrated things from the side.  ;)

:LMAO:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3689 on: June 11, 2008, 02:29:11 PM »
Who are you and what did you do to Lucifer?

- Albert Einstein