Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134021 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3285 on: May 02, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »
I "learned"  a little about cameras today at BB.

:D

Yeah, right!

I was doing other things, but there was a session going on to train others about cameras. I had to jump in, impulsively, when I heard the guy trying to explain what the markings on the lens mean. I couldn't fucking believe it. I had to explain a lot of things, including why I thought my detailed summation was relevant to their training. I suggested that many people who will respond to the ads the company has been running will know a lot about these things (we now offer a couple of high grade semi-professional cameras) and if you look like you don't know, then we will miss sales.

They then asked me to explain that first part again.

:LMAO:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:52:48 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3286 on: May 02, 2008, 04:51:36 PM »
:rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3287 on: May 06, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
finished a knitting project; did some language study; mowed the lawn (jesus, i didn't need a lawnmower, i needed agent orange - still not finished!  :laugh: ); did some weeding; sorted out my compost (i made gorgeous compost this year); organised my greenhouse; repotted and pruned some stuff; general other garden business;  had (a late) lunch and then toasted myself for a couple of hours, reading and frogging a black crochet cotton jacket (lovely, but i never wear it, and i need the yarn).

bliss!  i love spending all day outside.  :heart:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3288 on: May 06, 2008, 12:59:21 PM »
Worked. :yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3289 on: May 06, 2008, 03:00:14 PM »

I managed a bit of gardening, but my hip injury is giving me some trouble, today. (thought it was mostly healed)

Watched Anger Management  with my wife after lunch. An hilarious movie!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #3290 on: May 06, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »
finished a knitting project; did some language study; mowed the lawn (jesus, i didn't need a lawnmower, i needed agent orange - still not finished!  :laugh: ); did some weeding; sorted out my compost (i made gorgeous compost this year); organised my greenhouse; repotted and pruned some stuff; general other garden business;  had (a late) lunch and then toasted myself for a couple of hours, reading and frogging a black crochet cotton jacket (lovely, but i never wear it, and i need the yarn).

I hear that!   :green:  Even with Black Fly season starting, I'd rather be outside in the sun, than doing anything else. 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3291 on: May 06, 2008, 04:42:15 PM »
Slept all but about two hours
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3292 on: May 07, 2008, 12:22:16 AM »

I hear that!   :green:  Even with Black Fly season starting, I'd rather be outside in the sun, than doing anything else. 

not necessarily in the sun, for me: i love being outside full stop.  i really miss living on the land, in a bender.  :'(

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3293 on: May 07, 2008, 07:59:21 AM »

not necessarily in the sun, for me: i love being outside full stop.  i really miss living on the land, in a bender.  :'(

I don't like to be outside unless I'm actively doing something outdoorsy.  If I'm just sitting around, I get annoyed that the sun's baking me, or the wind's chilling me and blowing my hair in my face, or that it's raining or the midges are biting or the slugs have come out by the hundred and made a carpet of slime and slugs everywhere.  It's particularly annoying that on sunny days there's usually big, fast-moving clouds racing across the sky, so it'll be sunny and hot for a few minutes and then a cloud will obscure the sun and it'll get cold and windy all of a sudden until the cloud has past, so I can either alternate between being too hot and too cold, or I can constantly put on and take off clothes.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

ozymandias

« Reply #3294 on: May 07, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »

Yeah, if I wasn't so enamored of certain things, nightly showers, poking into the fridge for snacks, etc that would suit me well.  A decent sized solar panel for computer, radio and music players.  I am definitely an earth sign!   8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3295 on: May 07, 2008, 10:18:21 AM »
2 Rescheck certificates  3 Quotes and one sales call
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3296 on: May 07, 2008, 11:33:31 AM »

Yeah, if I wasn't so enamored of certain things, nightly showers, poking into the fridge for snacks, etc that would suit me well.  A decent sized solar panel for computer, radio and music players.  I am definitely an earth sign!   8)

showers and snacks, no problem.  never had the solar panel thing, but then it was lo-tech living.  there were loads of musicians on site, though, so never had a problem with finding music, which i loved especially, cos we made it ourselves.

i'm definitely an earth sign, too, which is why i love living on it, i suppose.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3297 on: May 07, 2008, 02:08:09 PM »

I don't like to be outside unless I'm actively doing something outdoorsy.  If I'm just sitting around, I get annoyed that the sun's baking me, or the wind's chilling me and blowing my hair in my face, or that it's raining or the midges are biting or the slugs have come out by the hundred and made a carpet of slime and slugs everywhere.  It's particularly annoying that on sunny days there's usually big, fast-moving clouds racing across the sky, so it'll be sunny and hot for a few minutes and then a cloud will obscure the sun and it'll get cold and windy all of a sudden until the cloud has past, so I can either alternate between being too hot and too cold, or I can constantly put on and take off clothes.

Sit in the shade, face the breeze, keep a cool drink within arms reach, tunes if you like, then get up and do something.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3298 on: May 07, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »

showers and snacks, no problem.  never had the solar panel thing, but then it was lo-tech living.  there were loads of musicians on site, though, so never had a problem with finding music, which i loved especially, cos we made it ourselves.

Never could live like that. I don't like people. Music, yes, people, no.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3299 on: May 07, 2008, 03:12:11 PM »

Never could live like that. I don't like people. Music, yes, people, no.

what if it was mostly other people who don't like people?