Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134075 times)

ozymandias

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3165 on: April 24, 2008, 03:24:43 PM »
God is a skeptic?

I created you and the rest of humanity??  And you wonder about that!??  Get thee behind Lucifer, you silly boy!   :laugh:   :booty:

--GOD

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3166 on: April 24, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »
Well, if it's God's wish...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3167 on: April 24, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »
sCeptic, you gibbering dolts!

:laugh:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3168 on: April 24, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
It's correct spelling, afaik.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3169 on: April 24, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »
It's correct spelling, afaik.

/checks, even though she knows she's right.

not according to the OED. :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3170 on: April 24, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
M-W thinks it's OK.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3171 on: April 24, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »
let's resurrect some threads cal buried with his blabber.

i'll start:

today, i attended an AS awareness meeting at uni.  the lecturer was mainly a knob (he subscribes to the "social model" of AS, and missed half the points completely).  his co-presenter - a student with AS - was as cool as fuck, though - really engaging, and got several messages over bloody well.  a real person, too.  in fact, i've invited him here, so watch this space.  ;)

several people came up afterwards to ask me stuff, and ask if they could contact me about AS, and the disability officer is going to email everyone, to say they can contact me, or even that i'll give a presentation where they can "hotseat" me.  one more blow for AS advocacy, i reckon - stop getting "experts" to talk at people, and start getting people with AS to say what it's like.  :woohoo:
I am glad to know this is happening elsewhere - I have spoken with my psychologist about this and she wants to arrange for me to give a talk at a university(!) to students of psychology. It is not until October. I have been thinking about this for quite some  time because I think that some professionals get autism wrong and then pass that to others.

I am crap at talking, so hopefully I can plan it well and it won't be so bad. I am fine talking in front of people - it is the talking itself that gets me sometimes.

Thanks Lucifer - I am happy to know that this is going on in other places. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

GalileoAce

« Reply #3172 on: April 25, 2008, 07:14:17 AM »

i'll start:

today, i attended an AS awareness meeting at uni.  the lecturer was mainly a knob (he subscribes to the "social model" of AS, and missed half the points completely).  his co-presenter - a student with AS - was as cool as fuck, though - really engaging, and got several messages over bloody well.  a real person, too.  in fact, i've invited him here, so watch this space.  ;)

several people came up afterwards to ask me stuff, and ask if they could contact me about AS, and the disability officer is going to email everyone, to say they can contact me, or even that i'll give a presentation where they can "hotseat" me.  one more blow for AS advocacy, i reckon - stop getting "experts" to talk at people, and start getting people with AS to say what it's like.  :woohoo:

What's the "social model" of AS?

renaeden's diagnostic psych has asked her to participate in giving a speech to other autism diagnosticians because her case is somewhat unique. It'll help give them a more adult perspective on what is largely perceived to be a "childhood illness/disease/condition". I think it's awesome, for both of you. :D (w) but more so for renaeden, cos I get to live with her ;)

GalileoAce

« Reply #3173 on: April 25, 2008, 07:17:27 AM »
Damn...she beat me to it hehe :P

ozymandias

« Reply #3174 on: April 25, 2008, 07:40:38 AM »
Getting ready to go to the Maine Mall with the teen and the missus.  And may God have mercy on my soul!   :laugh:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #3175 on: April 25, 2008, 08:43:51 AM »
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3176 on: April 25, 2008, 09:38:47 AM »
Took my daughter to school got a coffee and a danish then went to see where the brush fire was yesterday
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Blasted

« Reply #3177 on: April 25, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »
Watched Ice Age.

Sid the Sloth :heart:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3178 on: April 25, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
Wrote XSLT stylesheet for PDF publishing, all day.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3179 on: April 25, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »

i'll start:

I am glad to know this is happening elsewhere - I have spoken with my psychologist about this and she wants to arrange for me to give a talk at a university(!) to students of psychology. It is not until October. I have been thinking about this for quite some  time because I think that some professionals get autism wrong and then pass that to others.

I am crap at talking, so hopefully I can plan it well and it won't be so bad. I am fine talking in front of people - it is the talking itself that gets me sometimes.

Thanks Lucifer - I am happy to know that this is going on in other places. :)

that's brilliant, renaeden - you go, girl!   :thumbup:

let me know if i can help in any way, although i'm sure you can do it fabulously without my dronings.  ;)

i know it's an overused phrase, but "be yourself" really works, in these cases, cos that's what people really want to know.