Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134277 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #3000 on: April 13, 2008, 09:36:13 AM »
Made lunch for me, the daughter, and her friend. Picked up my son after autie camp. Installed an authoring environment for demo purposes in my work laptop. Didn't work as intended so I spent an hour troubleshooting. Found out what was wrong and fixed it. Made tea. Posted this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3001 on: April 13, 2008, 11:09:27 AM »
will your daughter's friend ever come back again, now she's had to suffer your cooking?

ozymandias

« Reply #3002 on: April 13, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »
Laundry, vacuuming, emptying the dishwasher

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3003 on: April 13, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »

Fielded about two hundred impossible questions from my supervisor. We were paired side-by-side, today. He was asking me, in the most round-about way I can even imagine, if I knew anything about autism.

Apparently he does know a bit and the fact that he has an autistic niece was volunteered in the day's conversation.

WTF do I do with this? Is he prying? Is he trying to corner me? Is he diagnosing me? Is he asking for help from someone who he deems as wise? (He's about my age) Is he leading me somewhere? Should I worry? Should I be more honest?

I remained stoic, non-plussed, unconcerned, aloof, disinterested, detached, cold and passive but in retrospect and possibly in error, I responded in a somewhat encyclopedic manner to his questions, which seemed to impressed him beyond reason. (I FUCKING BLEW IT!!)

I think I'm busted.

WTF do I do with this?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3004 on: April 13, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »

Fielded about two hundred impossible questions from my supervisor. We were paired side-by-side, today. He was asking me, in the most round-about way I can even imagine, if I knew anything about autism.

Apparently he does know a bit and the fact that he has an autistic niece was volunteered in the day's conversation.

WTF do I do with this? Is he prying? Is he trying to corner me? Is he diagnosing me? Is he asking for help from someone who he deems as wise? (He's about my age) Is he leading me somewhere? Should I worry? Should I be more honest?

I remained stoic, non-plussed, unconcerned, aloof, disinterested, detached, cold and passive but in retrospect and possibly in error, I responded in a somewhat encyclopedic manner to his questions, which seemed to impressed him beyond reason. (I FUCKING BLEW IT!!)

I think I'm busted.

WTF do I do with this?

Does he like you? If he does I don't think it will go anyplace bad
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3005 on: April 13, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

I think I'm busted.

WTF do I do with this?

Yes, he seems to like me, but he is a pawn, only separated from me in the hierarchy by a title that gets thrown around like in a game of "pin the duty on the first dope that speaks"  or something.

I don't really know him well enough to say for sure.

:-\
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3006 on: April 13, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »

I think I'm busted.

WTF do I do with this?

Yes, he seems to like me, but he is a pawn, only separated from me in the hierarchy by a title that gets thrown around like in a game of "pin the duty on the first dope that speaks"  or something.

I don't really know him well enough to say for sure.

:-\

Your right to be cautious then it should be fine though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3007 on: April 13, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
just be honest insofar as you let him know you know about autism.  you don't have to say anything about yourself and autism.

ozymandias

« Reply #3008 on: April 13, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »
Started putting up the outside rain gutters.  Removed one of the storm panels from the front semi-porch area.  Once the "glacier" melts from the other section of the front, I'll be able to install the last section of rain gutter.   

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3009 on: April 13, 2008, 02:32:07 PM »
will your daughter's friend ever come back again, now she's had to suffer your cooking?

She's a regular. It wasn't her first time. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3010 on: April 13, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »
just be honest insofar as you let him know you know about autism.  you don't have to say anything about yourself and autism.

Agreed. That's something for the second date. 8)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3011 on: April 13, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »

has she no digestive system?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3012 on: April 13, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »

has she no digestive system?

She *appreciates* good food.

/sulks

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3013 on: April 13, 2008, 02:52:49 PM »
:LMAO:

bollocks - i know your catering disability.  :smarty:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3014 on: April 13, 2008, 02:59:03 PM »
:LMAO:

bollocks - i know your catering disability.  :smarty:

/still sulks

- Albert Einstein