Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133966 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #2580 on: March 09, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »
Made a five gallon pail top with a spout on it for work so I make less mess
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2581 on: March 09, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
i can see why people would be against it, and it could make things very confusing at times, but then i also see it as being up to those who choose to ignore or not to ignore, whether they have that option or not. if someone wants to use it, i think they should be able to, although i wouldn't myself and would hope it wouldn't be used TOO much. i don't see it as censorship or anything, because it's down to each individual person, whether or not they want to use it. if anything, it's giving people more freedom IMO, which is what people seem to want. there are plenty of people already "ignoring" certain peoples posts, from what i've read. all this would do is make it more convenient for them

How could it be more confusing than hundreds of posts to sift through looking for one nugget.
not confusing for the person doing the ignoring
confusing for other people, if there's a discussion going on and certain people aren't seeing half of it etc

With the one on Fractalus, if someone quoted a post or part of a post by the ignored person, the quote could still be seen, but you do have a good point, Soph.

Still, if the person makes comments on threads based only on the information they have seen, they probably won't respond to something that they haven't read.

Sounds like a very sweet dream, Callaway. I imagine you were totally shocked upon awakening.

:laugh:

How could one respond to a statement that one has not read?

One can't, but one can certainly reply without reading a rebuttal and continue to cloud the issues with multiple repeats of what has already been put forward.

:toporly:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Sophgay

« Reply #2582 on: March 09, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »
drew some pictures, played football in the garden, had a couple showers... not much else really :-/
i cut my finger yesterday as well :'(
and now it stings when i pick up crisps

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2583 on: March 09, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »
i can see why people would be against it, and it could make things very confusing at times, but then i also see it as being up to those who choose to ignore or not to ignore, whether they have that option or not. if someone wants to use it, i think they should be able to, although i wouldn't myself and would hope it wouldn't be used TOO much. i don't see it as censorship or anything, because it's down to each individual person, whether or not they want to use it. if anything, it's giving people more freedom IMO, which is what people seem to want. there are plenty of people already "ignoring" certain peoples posts, from what i've read. all this would do is make it more convenient for them

How could it be more confusing than hundreds of posts to sift through looking for one nugget.
not confusing for the person doing the ignoring
confusing for other people, if there's a discussion going on and certain people aren't seeing half of it etc

With the one on Fractalus, if someone quoted a post or part of a post by the ignored person, the quote could still be seen, but you do have a good point, Soph.

Still, if the person makes comments on threads based only on the information they have seen, they probably won't respond to something that they haven't read.

Sounds like a very sweet dream, Callaway. I imagine you were totally shocked upon awakening.

How could one respond to a statement that one has not read?

One can't, but one can certainly reply without reading a rebuttal and continue to cloud the issues with multiple repeats of what has already been put forward.

:toporly:

Calandale does this without an ignore button, though.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2584 on: March 10, 2008, 03:51:43 AM »
he does?!

:jawdrop:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2585 on: March 10, 2008, 08:04:59 AM »
Finished reading a book.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #2586 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:50 AM »
Did the grocery shopping.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2587 on: March 10, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »

ozymandias

« Reply #2588 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »
"burning" a cd atm.   8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2589 on: March 10, 2008, 12:26:52 PM »
Helped my daughter make a backup of her pictures.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #2590 on: March 10, 2008, 02:02:43 PM »
laundry and thats about it :thumbdn:

ozymandias

« Reply #2591 on: March 10, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »
Went thru my 45's record collection and tossed out quite a few. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2592 on: March 10, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »

:yikes:

NOOOOOoooooo!

(I was going to post something else, until my brain exploded.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 04:20:18 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #2593 on: March 10, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »

:yikes:

NOOOOOoooooo!

(I was going to post something else, until my brain exploded.)

It's ok, DD.  It was emo songs from my teen years, "Day after Day"--Badfinger, "Xanadu" --Olivia Newton John and stuff I bought cd's of like my Guess Who collection,   Petula Clark, etc.

But, if you want I'll pm you the list and I will be happy to mail them to you free of charge if any pique your interest.    I am serious about this.  They are sitting in my basement cull rack until they are sent out to good homes! 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2594 on: March 10, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »
Xanadu? :o

- Albert Einstein