Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133897 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #2085 on: January 19, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »
Made it halfway to the store.
 :-\

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2086 on: January 19, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
But you brought your laptop so you can post while thinking about the distance that is left?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2087 on: January 19, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »
Nah. Turned around and went home.

Just couldn't go on. Turned out a good thing
though, I guess.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2088 on: January 19, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »
I made it all the way to the store :P  Got some Coca Cola and a coffee
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #2089 on: January 19, 2008, 05:25:05 PM »
Drove to the Supermarket and bought groceries.

duncvis

« Reply #2090 on: January 19, 2008, 05:38:21 PM »
put fuel in the car, played with the kids. thats about it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2091 on: January 19, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
Spent all day in the warehouse at work, today. I only had to go out into the dunes a few times. I got a hell of a lot done!

I was all alone and playing Stack The Blocks, a game for which I am grossly overqualified, as Callaway mentioned in another thread about several of us.

My boss came in about an hour before I left and looked around. He knows I don't want to be back-patted and only said, "Damn!"  Then he picked up a broom and started sweeping. When I got there there was no way to get down the aisles because they were plugged with products that had not been put on the shelves. There was just too much stuff in the way, but I started and did "one box at a time"  until it was all put away, just like stacking blocks.

The boss grabbing a broom was really the best complimentary statement he could have made.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #2092 on: January 19, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »
 8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2093 on: January 19, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »

Yep, I have a pretty cool boss. :indeed:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2094 on: January 19, 2008, 08:41:29 PM »
Spent all day in the warehouse at work, today. I only had to go out into the dunes a few times. I got a hell of a lot done!

I was all alone and playing Stack The Blocks, a game for which I am grossly overqualified, as Callaway mentioned in another thread about several of us.

My boss came in about an hour before I left and looked around. He knows I don't want to be back-patted and only said, "Damn!"  Then he picked up a broom and started sweeping. When I got there there was no way to get down the aisles because they were plugged with products that had not been put on the shelves. There was just too much stuff in the way, but I started and did "one box at a time"  until it was all put away, just like stacking blocks.

The boss grabbing a broom was really the best complimentary statement he could have made.

I did not mean grossly overqualified as an insult, DirtDawg.  I have worked jobs for which I would have been considered grossly overqualified as well.  Apparently, if you ask some people, I'm grossly overqualified to be a stay-at-home parent.

I agree about the boss saying damn and picking up the broom, though.  That was a good compliment.

:D

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2095 on: January 19, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »

I did not mean grossly overqualified as an insult, DirtDawg.  I have worked jobs for which I would have been considered grossly overqualified as well.  Apparently, if you ask some people, I'm grossly overqualified to be a stay-at-home parent.

I agree about the boss saying damn and picking up the broom, though.  That was a good compliment.

:D

I meant that in a humorous way. While it is a little funny, it is very true, what you said and it applies to many of us. I chose to include myself in this circle!

I could certainly do my boss's job and his boss's job as well and most likely another level or two as far as the actual business part, but I would go nuts with that much constant and direct peopleperson contact. I am better off where I am and in ten more years, I will be able to stop working, if I want.

ozymandias

« Reply #2096 on: January 19, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »
I was grossly over qualified to be a dishwasher and custodian, but, what the heck, I took what jobs I could to keep a roof over my head, food on the table and books and music for the mind and soul.  And according a certain person who shall remain nameless, I am also grossly over qualified, if not ignorant and idiotic for being a stay home dad and househusband.

But, you know what......................I wouldn't change a damn fucking thing.  And I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.  It was/is as much a learning experience as any college degree.   I used to be ashamed of the path I took, but not anymore.  Dawg, I couldn't do your bosses job either for the same reasons. 

I wonder what haddy is going to be like when he gets to our age!???   :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2097 on: January 19, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »
I was grossly over qualified to be a dishwasher and custodian, but, what the heck, I took what jobs I could to keep a roof over my head, food on the table and books and music for the mind and soul.  And according a certain person who shall remain nameless, I am also grossly over qualified, if not ignorant and idiotic for being a stay home dad and househusband.

But, you know what......................I wouldn't change a damn fucking thing.  And I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.  It was/is as much a learning experience as any college degree.   I used to be ashamed of the path I took, but not anymore.  Dawg, I couldn't do your bosses job either for the same reasons. 

He may not make it.

Too many "Hebrew men will tear there clothes in his direction" and someone will make good on it.

ozymandias

« Reply #2098 on: January 19, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »

He may not make it.

Too many "Hebrew men will tear there clothes in his direction" and someone will make good on it.

You don't mean................................... :o

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2099 on: January 19, 2008, 10:23:59 PM »

He may not make it.

You don't mean................................... :o

NOoooo, not that!

The other threat. Hadron has a way of pissing off people, it seems from here. I know he says that he is not like this in real life, but which "one" is he not like?  There are too many Hadrons to keep up with and they are all abrasive.