Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133930 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1980 on: December 25, 2007, 12:53:35 AM »
cool.

ast year, i did all the christmass confections. i am gifted in some weays, seweets are among my gifts.

this year my wife has made boatloads fo stuff, and no one wants it.

ifeel bad for her, but i have exactly ZERO sweettooth.

i can't explain it but there it is. the truth is out.

last year i ate pounds of the sutff!!

dont get me wong. her's is amrvelous. it's just that my system is in some process of change anf i to not want to slow it down with sugars. i tried all of them, to be a spport and they are marvelous, but i can not eat anymoer.

I have a meat tooth.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1981 on: December 25, 2007, 01:18:54 AM »
Took my husband to pick out the model of GPS he wanted for Christmas.

Wrapped gifts, put them under the tree and got the roast ready for tomorrow.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1982 on: December 25, 2007, 01:19:51 AM »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1983 on: December 25, 2007, 05:30:35 AM »
Went to my sisters's house for Christmas lunch. Had one plateful of food. We took some food home as well. It did get a bit stressful for me at times. GA was great but I don't know how he felt about all those people.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1984 on: December 25, 2007, 09:30:29 AM »
Watched DVDs and talked on the phone.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1985 on: December 25, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »
tried to cook a too long dead bird.

we have had some drama today, because my wife bought a turkey at walmart and it was bad.

it was frozen and we thawed it for four days. it should have been fine, but i could tell when she unwrapped it at seven am this morning. it was a not good. she insisted that i was being an ass because of my hate for walmart. it got about two hours in and the house was not a pleasant place to be. i had her take a short walk and then when she came back in she understood what i had been saying for over two hours.

this bird was too long dead. i eat mostly birds, i know this stuff. i may have high standards but i carry them over to my family as well. i would be horrified to see them eat this too long dead turkey it is no longer food but for a vulture
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1986 on: December 25, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »
Waggy gets particularly excited over the smell of meat that's gone off.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1987 on: December 25, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »
Waggy gets particularly excited over the smell of meat that's gone off.

i wish she could have this turkey. as it is i am probably just feeding the 'possums and 'coons. i doubt that many people will allow their pets out tonight. cold and very cold is coming. it seems to be warming up more before the deep clod though.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 04:58:02 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1988 on: December 25, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »

btw, drama is over.
i made chicken and dressing, we ate a little late but it was excellent. my wife was too disgusted with herself, once i finally convinced her that the turkey was bad, for trying to poison her family to cook anything else. I just tried to point out that it was not her fault and that as a team we are all better off!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1989 on: December 25, 2007, 02:33:02 PM »

btw, drama is over.
i made chicken and dressing, we ate a little late but it was excellent. my wife was too disgusted with herself, once i finally convinced her that the turkey was bad, for trying to poison her family to cook anything else. I just tried to point out that it was not her fault and that as a team we are all better off!

I wonder why she couldn't smell it.  That smell is unmistakable.

I'm glad you finally convinced her and it turned out well.

ozymandias

« Reply #1990 on: December 25, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
Scraped away at the bit of a glacier on my roof!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1991 on: December 25, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »

btw, drama is over.

I wonder why she couldn't smell it.  That smell is unmistakable.

I'm glad you finally convinced her and it turned out well.

she can't smell anything.

she can't hear anything.

she cant see anything.

she has intuition that baffles my mind, though.

she faught her intuition this time, because she knows how much i hate walmart and she thought i was being a jerk. she was determined that i was wrong. i had to get her outside and in the cold to "clear her head"  before i could convince her that i was not just walmartbashing. when we returned from our walk, she was convinced.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1992 on: December 25, 2007, 03:48:52 PM »

Check the venation in the eves and the amount of insulation you have there those two things are the major causes of ice dams pm if you have questions this is one of my specialties

I ate way too much today :devour: :eh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1993 on: December 31, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »
Started a bonfire in the back yard will keep it going through tonight for New Years
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #1994 on: December 31, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »

Check the venation in the eves and the amount of insulation you have there those two things are the major causes of ice dams pm if you have questions this is one of my specialties

I ate way too much today :devour: :eh:

It's ok, we just had a weird December with lots of snow and cold earlier.  Because the ice dams were thicker than usual and they got ahead of me.   I'v got them under control now and will keep ahead of them.  In fact after I eat lunch I'll be going outside to clear a foot or more away from the roof edge and after the next big storm I'll do a more thorough roof raking.  We have a metal roof and normally the southside of the house doesn't have a problem,  but, this year was a bit out of the ordinary.  But, I will pm you if things build up again. 

Thanks