Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133919 times)

duncvis

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1770 on: November 20, 2007, 07:55:47 AM »
we have an iron, somewhere. its for attaching transfers to t-shirts etc.  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1771 on: November 20, 2007, 08:17:05 AM »
Drove around a lot. Again. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1772 on: November 20, 2007, 02:55:13 PM »

Gotten pissed off at my company's computer system/network.

I needed to be "e-certified" to move on past n00b status and that required some specific testing. I took seven tests and, on the fifth one, the program froze just as I clicked to save my results.

FOUR TIMES!!!!!

Yes, I had to take that particular part of the testing, five times before I could take credit for it. It was only thirty six questions, but I kept getting a "Script error in associated program" message.

I did well, though. I had 100% correct on each of seven levels of testing.

:woohoo:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1773 on: November 20, 2007, 02:58:19 PM »
Congrats, DD. ;D

Four times, huh? Windows software? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1774 on: November 20, 2007, 03:43:35 PM »

Yeah, it's XP Pro (installed on this work station in '03! FFS!) running a proprietary Adobe main program.

What ever it is that occurs a few levels after "SUCKS!" ..... this one qualifies!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1775 on: November 20, 2007, 04:01:55 PM »
I dismantled a wardrobe, cleared things out and removed half the carpet from my room.  I also located a big patch of mould and introduced it to the wonders of bleach.  I uncovered a secret compartment too.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Soph

« Reply #1776 on: November 20, 2007, 05:01:41 PM »
autism support guy came round. he gave me a book and a dvd about AS, so i'll probably watch them tomorrow. i'm getting a headache now, but i spoke to sophie's dad about some things so i feel better about that at least. starting to feel sick too.  >:(

Offline klox

• Constant Poster
« Reply #1777 on: November 20, 2007, 06:06:43 PM »
It's 10am and I've dropped my car off for window tinting. The rest of the day...has not happened yet.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1778 on: November 20, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »
I dismantled a wardrobe, cleared things out and removed half the carpet from my room.  I also located a big patch of mould and introduced it to the wonders of bleach.  I uncovered a secret compartment too.

A secret compartment? Oh, do tell!

Hope the bleach helps. It did not help mine after a third application. We can only get a six percent solution of sodium hypoclorite, though, without a special license.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:16:30 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1779 on: November 20, 2007, 06:35:16 PM »

Hope the bleach helps. It did not help mine after a third application. We can only get a six percent solution of sodium hypoclorite, though, without a special license.

Buy it as a pool supply the concentrations are higher it is also nastier to work with though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1780 on: November 20, 2007, 07:21:36 PM »

Buy it as a pool supply the concentrations are higher it is also nastier to work with though

They don't even bother to sell that around here for pools. It has a very high pH and our water has a pH of over eight to start. It would plug the filters with precipitates of calcium, once they got the water near neutral pH and it would take even more enormous quantities of hydrogen compounds to offset it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:23:12 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1781 on: November 20, 2007, 07:27:18 PM »
You can get it at Walmart here
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1782 on: November 21, 2007, 02:16:40 AM »
Just started today's first teenage epic at the cinema. I'm thrilled. Thrilled, I tell you. Not.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1783 on: November 21, 2007, 08:17:40 AM »

There's two, actually.  One is body-sized, and the other is about 30*15cm and runs from floor to ceiling.  I've opened up the small one and just found lots of mould and dust.  The large one I think is a fireplace that was sealed up, but I've not had a look inside it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1784 on: November 21, 2007, 08:27:13 AM »
Screened two teenage epics, three shows, all in all. :puke:

- Albert Einstein