Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133814 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1635 on: November 06, 2007, 02:39:54 PM »

Does anyone of you ever feel like a fraud when meeting these people? I had the idea that she was expecting some spaz unable to cope with anything...
Yes! I have felt that way. Sort of like "i am going to get found out..."

Yes, that's exactly it. I thought she'd end the meeting by explaining that they'll have to re-evaluate my dx so that I won't take up their valuable time again.

And it wasn't her - it was all me. She was both nice and helpful, and ended the meeting by stating that she thought I was in need of someone to talk to.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1636 on: November 06, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »
I had a chat with an AS/autism support person. She'll now organise some support for me.

Does anyone of you ever feel like a fraud when meeting these people? I had the idea that she was expecting some spaz unable to cope with anything...

Actually, for the first half year with our team of psychs, I felt like I was being patronized. They called me a "success story" because I had managed to have a career and then switched careers and remade myself. They knew full well I fit their mold for spazzism, but I was just dealing with things, with absolutely no knowledge of what I was experiencing, the best I knew how.

If I had a question about myself, during my denial stage, they said that I was trying to take away their time from my kids.

I felt more like they were frauds, at first.

:asthing:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1637 on: November 06, 2007, 05:13:17 PM »
Organized my apartment and tossed out a bunch of empty boxes to the recycle bin, called Qwest and complained about still not having my phone and internet, watched Full House season 6 and played South Park.

Soph

« Reply #1638 on: November 06, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »
slept a lot. saw my support person from the NAS. slept a lot more. woke up. here i am. very exciting.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1639 on: November 06, 2007, 09:08:14 PM »
Locked myself out of I2.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1640 on: November 06, 2007, 09:18:10 PM »
slept a lot. saw my support person from the NAS. slept a lot more. woke up. here i am. very exciting.
Did that help you? It can depend on the sort of person you get.

I went for an interview and I got the job! It is for support administration (the irony) at the Disability Services Commission. I will only get $60 a week but I will be glad to get it!  :happydance:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Soph

« Reply #1641 on: November 06, 2007, 09:23:09 PM »

I went for an interview and I got the job! It is for support administration (the irony) at the Disability Services Commission. I will only get $60 a week but I will be glad to get it!  :happydance:
he usually just comes round and talks a bit about uni and then speaks to my mum. he's good, he runs an AS group at manchester university on fridays, so i might start going there. scary.  :o

and congratulations on the job :)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1642 on: November 06, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
congrats ren!

ozymandias

« Reply #1643 on: November 06, 2007, 09:28:05 PM »

congratulations :plus:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1644 on: November 07, 2007, 05:36:26 AM »

YAY!!! :party: Congrats!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1645 on: November 07, 2007, 05:39:08 AM »
congratulations, renaeden - that's such good news.   :clap:

well done you.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1646 on: November 07, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »

WAY TO GO, RENAEDEN!!!

I hope this works out for you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1647 on: November 07, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »
Tried to fix a Windows XP HDD. Didn't work out.
Tried to fix an electrical problem in my old car. Seems to work, now, but got another problem in its place.
Changed tyres on said car. Winter's coming, they say.
Moved a pooter to my daughter's room and installed Azureus for her, to download legal *cough* music from the Intergeek.
Had a talk with said daughter's teacher. Oh what fun.

And had another glorious day of visual migraines.

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #1648 on: November 07, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »

:dance: nice one.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1649 on: November 07, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »
Wow, thanks all :plus:

I will be starting next week and have a support person with me. She was my first LAC so it will be alright because I know her. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae