Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133963 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1275 on: September 30, 2007, 07:37:14 PM »
Washed my truck first time in months with my new power washer

I hope you wore your bikini! lol

No, I wouldn't want to blind anybody :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1276 on: October 01, 2007, 03:49:19 AM »
Americanism:  going "gaga" means to go crazy in a fanatical interest way!   I love exploring old structures, etc.
btw what does "get the hump" mean!??  In the US, "hump or humping" is a term for sex!??  Just curious!
I like being Australian, we know the meanings of most sayings.

I have done nothing today, except have breakfast.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

ozymandias

« Reply #1277 on: October 01, 2007, 06:46:08 AM »
cleaned up after my inlaws left.

duncvis

« Reply #1278 on: October 01, 2007, 06:47:15 AM »
The usual dropping off/collecting of rugrats; after being pissed about at the weekend by some tosser I was trying to do a good turn, arranged to take car to scrapyard for more £ than I would have got from him. His loss. Also arranged to visit Spud's secondary school he'll be starting next year, went shopping/paid some cash into the bank for PI's mum, talked to dad for a bit, and attempted to get on the list for an allotment. Busy morning - now chilling with some totally overblown metal before its time to go out again.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1279 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:09 AM »

Mmm, metal. (Still going, here too)

You mean the still functional car you just replaced was just tossed by this tosser? That's so fucked up!
 :'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

duncvis

« Reply #1280 on: October 01, 2007, 02:20:02 PM »
meh. PI reckons he probably changed his mind when he realised he'd have to get insurance to be able to tax it, and didnt bother to let me know. pillock. anyway, i'm taking it to be broken in the morning, and the scrapper's giving me £50 for it. I was only going to charge my acquaintance £40.  ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1281 on: October 01, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »
As little as possible

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1282 on: October 01, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
meh. PI reckons he probably changed his mind when he realised he'd have to get insurance to be able to tax it, and didnt bother to let me know. pillock. anyway, i'm taking it to be broken in the morning, and the scrapper's giving me £50 for it. I was only going to charge my acquaintance £40.  ::)

Still, I can't imagine finding a working automobile for less than five to seven hundred dollars. Around here, the junksters offer about fifty bucks (£25) for almost anything, but something that runs, no matter what it looks like, commands quite a bit more.

It's a shame to just crush it ... but meh ... fucking MEH!

I've done it, too, though. I let a 1966 1600S Cabriolet Fiat racer go under the hammer once. It ran fine, dual overhead cams, dual Webers, in fact it kept up with my Mustang before I hotrodded it, up to about ninety miles per hour, but it was difficult to get parts for and the registration was not possible, because it was never legally imported into this country.

It was this pic, but in black ... I know most Brits don't get Italian sportsters, but this was one fine little car. I just had no way to register it, after I had spent money rebuilding it. Fucking US safety laws! Ralph nader still had a hardon when I was trying to register it, in the late seventies.

I had to let the hammer have it. I couldn't even find a Mexican to sell it to.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 05:10:08 PM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1283 on: October 01, 2007, 05:16:32 PM »
I only got thirty dollar for a car I drove to the junk yard once it's block was cracked but if you added water and oil you could drive it for the day. I don't know how much longer it would have lasted though

George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #1284 on: October 01, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »
oh, they won't crush it until it's a skeleton. I guess old secondhand cars are cheaper here. A few years ago you couldn't get shit for scrap cars - some places would collect for free, others charged to take them. To put it in perspective, I paid £260 for the car 18 months ago and it now needs a clutch, and is pretty much a decent engine and gearbox with a battered, corroded car attached. to get £50 back for it makes it cheap motoring.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1285 on: October 01, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »

Yeah, definitely cheap motoring, but that's what is so amazing to me.

duncvis

« Reply #1286 on: October 01, 2007, 06:19:28 PM »
on the other hand, you almost have to take out a loan every time you fill up with fuel over here.  >:(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1287 on: October 01, 2007, 06:34:08 PM »
on the other hand, you almost have to take out a loan every time you fill up with fuel over here.  >:(
In Ct we are at $2.76 a gallon or about 1.04 a liter.  Fill for me is over about $80

George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #1288 on: October 01, 2007, 07:11:44 PM »
We're still the cheapest gas in the world outside of Saudi Arabia.   And they hate us, royal family and all. >:(

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1289 on: October 02, 2007, 06:40:37 AM »
In Ct we are at $2.76 a gallon or about 1.04 a liter.  Fill for me is over about $80
:'( I paid $1.24 a litre for petrol last week. This is Australia where we have enough of our own oil and gas and more.

I slept until 3pm this afternoon. Have to stop doing that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae