Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134368 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1125 on: September 18, 2007, 07:07:48 AM »

mmm. pie.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1126 on: September 18, 2007, 07:13:25 AM »
The pie is wonderful! Pretty close to perfection! I took a (hardway) Lemon Pudding recipe from an old cook book, spiced it up with fresh cherries, and made a double crust pie out of it.

Mmmm!

I managed to surprise my wife, for once. She has me all figured out, so she is tough to surprise, but this made her smile.

(OK, Americanese co-speakers, why don't we spell that one "surprize" along with all the other zedding up, as Hadron calls it?)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1127 on: September 18, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »
surprize would be silly.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1128 on: September 18, 2007, 07:23:50 AM »

Most of it was silly. Taking the "u"s out only makes sense if you listen to how we say those words, but I still say it was a continuation of the Boston Tea Party by the Webster entourage.

... and what about "exercise?"  Why be inconsistent? Evolution of language is good, but why abandon some words to devolvement and why allow extinctions to occur?

???
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1129 on: September 18, 2007, 07:24:18 AM »
The pie is wonderful! Pretty close to perfection! I took a (hardway) Lemon Pudding recipe from an old cook book, spiced it up with fresh cherries, and made a double crust pie out of it.

Mmmm!

I managed to surprise my wife, for once. She has me all figured out, so she is tough to surprise, but this made her smile.

(OK, Americanese co-speakers, why don't we spell that one "surprize" along with all the other zedding up, as Hadron calls it?)

I'm glad there was a little plus to your day then.

Surprize is OK by me...it still means the same to me....

Unlike DEFINATELY Hadron!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1130 on: September 18, 2007, 10:22:56 AM »

Tried to explain to my wife why my son can't do the draft/final thing and turn in both in his writing assignments. There is no paper draft of his work. It happens in his brain and when he's done, the work has been achieved and he's done with it and it's final and he's done and it's finalized and he's done!! He's finished with it! IT'S SETTLED!! IT'S CLOSED! HE'S FUCKING DONE WITH IT!!! IT'S ACCOMPLISHED, CONCLUDED, COMPLETE!! It is ENTIRE!! DISPOSED OF! HE'S DONE! IT'S OVER! EXECUTED!! EFFECTUATED IN EARNEST!! FINÉ!!! It's DISCHARGED, with COMPLETE DISPATCH!!!  There will BE no MORE!! HE'S DONE!! He's fucking DONE!!

NEXT!!

She doesn't get it.

:bigcry:

She wanted him to write it down and turn it in just like the other students are supposed to.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1131 on: September 18, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
Crawled about under condos and moved a couch
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1132 on: September 18, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »

mmm. pie.

bob?  is that you?

not done a lot today.  bit of knitting, bit of washing-up (it was like the quatermass eperiment in my kitchen), bit of reading...

i'm still recovering.  i need a couple of days of self-indulgence (i.e., doing fuck all).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:19:51 AM by Lucifer »

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #1133 on: September 18, 2007, 12:14:15 PM »
Studied psychology, specifically the affects of  brain washing and isolation.  Did aerobic exercise, and stretching.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #1134 on: September 18, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
Really nothing yet.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1135 on: September 18, 2007, 01:51:30 PM »

Tried to explain to my wife why my son can't do the draft/final thing and turn in both in his writing assignments. There is no paper draft of his work. It happens in his brain and when he's done, the work has been achieved and he's done with it and it's final and he's done and it's finalized and he's done!! He's finished with it! IT'S SETTLED!! IT'S CLOSED! HE'S FUCKING DONE WITH IT!!! IT'S ACCOMPLISHED, CONCLUDED, COMPLETE!! It is ENTIRE!! DISPOSED OF! HE'S DONE! IT'S OVER! EXECUTED!! EFFECTUATED IN EARNEST!! FINÉ!!! It's DISCHARGED, with COMPLETE DISPATCH!!!  There will BE no MORE!! HE'S DONE!! He's fucking DONE!!

NEXT!!

She doesn't get it.

She wanted him to write it down and turn it in just like the other students are supposed to.

He's not like other students.
His process is a little different. There are already a number of allowances that have been made to accommodate his needs, but this one has been chosen as a stickler. They won't let it go. Everyone is hyped up about saving him from himself, again. It's getting a little out of hand.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1136 on: September 18, 2007, 01:53:38 PM »
very little. did download some music, though. (free, of course. *cough*)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1138 on: September 18, 2007, 04:37:26 PM »

Most of it was silly. Taking the "u"s out only makes sense if you listen to how we say those words, but I still say it was a continuation of the Boston Tea Party by the Webster entourage.

... and what about "exercise?"  Why be inconsistent? Evolution of language is good, but why abandon some words to devolvement and why allow extinctions to occur?

???

i have difficulty spelling exercise.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #1139 on: September 18, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »

NEXT!!

She doesn't get it.

He's not like other students.
His process is a little different. There are already a number of allowances that have been made to accommodate his needs, but this one has been chosen as a stickler. They won't let it go. Everyone is hyped up about saving him from himself, again. It's getting a little out of hand.

I can understand your frustration.  I was the same way as a student.  I never could understand why rough drafts were needed.