Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134287 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1065 on: September 15, 2007, 12:48:10 AM »
Perved and stressed.

And made contact.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1066 on: September 15, 2007, 12:53:01 AM »
My daughter has to take a prophylactic dose of the antibiotic every day because she has renal reflux.  If she didn't, she would be very prone to getting a bladder infection that would quickly move to her kidneys and damage them because of the reflux.  I'm very grateful for modern medicine because I know she would be dead without it.  She was born with renal reflux and a large hole in her heart, among other things.

nasty - poor thing. :(

i'm not one of these mental naturopaths who think we should all take bloody arnica for a broken leg.  in acute and/or chronic situations as your daughter has, of course we need to use anti-bs.  my concern is more that they're prescribed for the littlest thing, and even colds, which is fucking pointless.  ::)

on thursday, i reached straight for the antihistamines and the steroid cream, not the calendula oil.  i waited until the worst was over, before going back to gentler treatment, cos waiting to see if they work may have been too late (probably not, but i wasn't going to take that risk): at one point, i was really terrified that i was going to die.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1067 on: September 15, 2007, 12:54:23 AM »
My daughter has to take a prophylactic dose of the antibiotic every day because she has renal reflux.  If she didn't, she would be very prone to getting a bladder infection that would quickly move to her kidneys and damage them because of the reflux.  I'm very grateful for modern medicine because I know she would be dead without it.  She was born with renal reflux and a large hole in her heart, among other things.

I presume you mean her, and not me?  :laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1068 on: September 15, 2007, 12:59:55 AM »
lol.  yeah - you posted while i was writing, and i forgot i'd written that to start with, hence the edit.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1069 on: September 15, 2007, 01:01:33 AM »
Oh, well t'ain't as bad as what I assumed.

I thought you were actually reading my post.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1070 on: September 15, 2007, 01:06:02 AM »
i did.  i just didn't feel the urge to respond/see what there was to respond to.  i can be completely aspie like that, you know.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1071 on: September 15, 2007, 01:07:11 AM »

i'm not one of these mental naturopaths who think we should all take bloody arnica for a broken leg.  in acute and/or chronic situations as your daughter has, of course we need to use anti-bs.  my concern is more that they're prescribed for the littlest thing, and even colds, which is fucking pointless.  ::)

on thursday, i reached straight for the antihistamines and the steroid cream, not the calendula oil.  i waited until the worst was over, before going back to gentler treatment, cos waiting to see if they work may have been too late (probably not, but i wasn't going to take that risk): at one point, i was really terrified that i was going to die.

I haven't been that scared in a long time.  Do you have an anaphylaxis kit?  It might be a good thing to have in case of another severe allergic reaction.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1072 on: September 15, 2007, 01:11:54 AM »

I haven't been that scared in a long time.  Do you have an anaphylaxis kit?  It might be a good thing to have in case of another severe allergic reaction.

i haven't, cos i've been tested for allergies, and am only actually allergic to nickel.  it's just that the eczema exacerbates any tiny skin irritation.  i think the extremity of the reaction was not only physical, but had psychological and emotional contributory factors as well - i was already stressed and panicking about stuff, and completely strung out with PMS.  i know it wasn't a simple allergy, cos the skin reaction didn't happen everywhere i used it - i reckon part of it was simple chemical burns where i'd left it on too long.  these new-fangled creams only need to be left on for 3 minutes, and i'm used to the older, 15 minute jobs.  AND the reaction happened where i've had eczema before.  probably my own fault (stupid cow that i am ::) ).

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1073 on: September 15, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »

the washing might be exacerbating it, hon.  try not to wash so much, and if you have to, use an emollient cream rather than soap.  emulsifying ointment, or aqueous cream, for example - dead cheap for the chemist.

rescue remedy cream is excellent for chapped, sore or stressed skin.  chickweed opintment is really good for eczema (there's one for you, callaway, too, for your daughter, although it's expensive); calendula and borage oils take the heat out of the skin and soothe it, and comfrey for repair (although use that one with caution - it's strong stuff).  frankincense helps get rid of scars, and is fab for wrinkles (i got rid of my frown lines in a week - yay!); rose and geranium are great for "mature" skins; and chamomile and lavender for calming it all down.

can you tell i make up gloop to pour on myself all the time?  ;)  actually, i should go into production - people love my face creams and stuff, cos they actually work.  recipes available, if anyone's interested.  ;D

lol. is rescue remedy some kind of gloop they have in the pharmacy? i dunno where to search.

can you wash hands with an emulsifier? i have two Dove Cream Bars with moisturizer and it didn't say soap anywhere so i had to go buy soap from the store. mom tried to convince me Cream Bar meant soap but i need it to say soap or i won't use it for that purpose. i'm really anal about washing my hands.

lol, i don't want to get rid of my scars. :P just the dryness.

thanks for all the info. :-* you should put up a store like in Practical Magic. i love that movie.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1074 on: September 15, 2007, 01:48:48 AM »
i haven't, cos i've been tested for allergies, and am only actually allergic to nickel.  it's just that the eczema exacerbates any tiny skin irritation.  i think the extremity of the reaction was not only physical, but had psychological and emotional contributory factors as well - i was already stressed and panicking about stuff, and completely strung out with PMS.  i know it wasn't a simple allergy, cos the skin reaction didn't happen everywhere i used it - i reckon part of it was simple chemical burns where i'd left it on too long.  these new-fangled creams only need to be left on for 3 minutes, and i'm used to the older, 15 minute jobs.  AND the reaction happened where i've had eczema before.  probably my own fault (stupid cow that i am ::) ).

do be careful. :-* you're not stupid. but you should read the instructions. ;)
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1075 on: September 15, 2007, 02:13:20 AM »
i did.  :( sadly, my hair is so strong that i always go for the maximum time, cos otherwise it just doesn't work.  obviously, they've added more horrible chemicals to make them work faster, since i last used one.

next time, i shall just have to organise myself and get to the professional waxer - the irony is that i waxed myself everywhere but Places I Couldn't Reach Without Advanced Yoga Training.  ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1076 on: September 15, 2007, 06:12:13 AM »

I haven't been that scared in a long time.  Do you have an anaphylaxis kit?  It might be a good thing to have in case of another severe allergic reaction.

i haven't, cos i've been tested for allergies, and am only actually allergic to nickel.  it's just that the eczema exacerbates any tiny skin irritation.  i think the extremity of the reaction was not only physical, but had psychological and emotional contributory factors as well - i was already stressed and panicking about stuff, and completely strung out with PMS. i know it wasn't a simple allergy, cos the skin reaction didn't happen everywhere i used it - i reckon part of it was simple chemical burns where i'd left it on too long.  these new-fangled creams only need to be left on for 3 minutes, and i'm used to the older, 15 minute jobs.  AND the reaction happened where i've had eczema before.  probably my own fault (stupid cow that i am ::) ).

Sometimes I can be a healstomped jackass. I would never have made that earlier joke if I thought that this was a contributing factor. I can do nothing towards redemption but go under your whip for a spell.

I'm glad you found some of the cause. I loathe panic in myself.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1077 on: September 15, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »
i did.  :( sadly, my hair is so strong that i always go for the maximum time, cos otherwise it just doesn't work.  obviously, they've added more horrible chemicals to make them work faster, since i last used one.

next time, i shall just have to organise myself and get to the professional waxer - the irony is that i waxed myself everywhere but Places I Couldn't Reach Without Advanced Yoga Training.  ::)

i don't use chemical shavers. freaks me out. who knows what they put in them.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1078 on: September 15, 2007, 01:59:41 PM »

what?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1079 on: September 15, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »

what?

Lucifer posted

nasty - poor thing

Right after my post, and then went on to talk about Callaway's
post. I figured (being the center of the all) that she was referring
to the girl I'm obsessed with. I KNEW that she didn't mean me.  :laugh: