Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134352 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #960 on: September 06, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »
Went with my daughter to school, was involved in a minor traffic accident on the way home. 

I hope you doing OK. Even a minor thing causes an inordinate degree of stress and upset, especially after it sinks in.

... not to mention expense.

Sorry this happened to you.

Thanks.  The car that I was riding in was rear-ended by another car.  My neck and elbow are a little sore, but I think they will be OK.  I was surprised by how much the seat belts tightened in the collision, pressing me hard against the seat back and headrest.  There was no damage to the car we were riding in.  The driver got into trouble with her boss for not calling the police.  I wrote down the license plate number of the car that hit us, but the other driver did not give her his name.

I'm very glad that my daughter wasn't in the car when the accident happened.

It's really fortunate that your daughter was not in the car.

When I was about twelve, a car hit my dad's car from the rear. I didn't want to ever get in another car, again. I saw it coming, too and twisted my neck.

It's seems odd to me that they didn't call the police, but people do that up here all the time. The insurance companies need a police report and for minor accidents the police cheerfully schedule a patrol car to come out and file an investigation report, taking down "your version of what happened" and moving right along.

I'm glad you're OK.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #961 on: September 07, 2007, 03:16:31 AM »
I agree it was lucky that your daughter wasn't in the car and that no-one was hurt.  When I was a young teenager my mum had a few relatively minor accidents after she'd learnt to drive (once she ran into the back of a caravan someone was towing at the traffic lights and completely wrecked the back end of it)- it really put me off learning to drive.  I think its partly the idea that a small error of judgement or lapse in concentration can do so much damage that really got to me.    When all my friends were learning to drive I just told myself that I didn't need to learn, but now I know I do need to learn I'm finding it really difficult to become comfortable with the idea. Especially because I know its not only errors of judgement on my part I have to worry about.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #962 on: September 07, 2007, 03:30:27 AM »
Thanks.

My mother learned to drive when I was seven because she needed to be able to drive my younger brother to a private kindergarten.  My dad taught her and she was really nervous at first, but they drove on country roads that didn't have much traffic until she felt more confident.  After a while, she actually became a better driver than my dad.  The only things she couldn't do well were parallel parking and merging onto interstate highways in heavy traffic, but that's because she did not get much practice doing those things.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #963 on: September 07, 2007, 03:34:13 AM »
I need to learn so I can take the kids to school once Dunc goes back to work, it was never a problem before because we lived in the same village as the school.  There is a school within walking distance of where we live now, but quite frankly its no-where near as good. :-\

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #964 on: September 07, 2007, 07:20:20 AM »
Talked on the phone some.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #965 on: September 07, 2007, 07:23:30 AM »
Danced. Flirted with my sweet thing.
Hopeless fool.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #966 on: September 07, 2007, 10:50:31 AM »

how fascinating.   ::)

:P

tried to get my consciousness back into my head, after being completely distracted this morning.  without any luck, i might add.   :-\

Kosmonaut

« Reply #967 on: September 07, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »
Ive been very bored today. Can't even put the effort into deciding what music to put on.
I did go swimming though.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #968 on: September 07, 2007, 11:14:43 AM »
Ive been very bored today. Can't even put the effort into deciding what music to put on.
I did go swimming though.

Really?
To what gauge?

:laugh:

(put on Hendrix!)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #969 on: September 07, 2007, 11:17:45 AM »
 :laugh: & good choice, i will put some Jimi on.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #970 on: September 07, 2007, 11:19:45 AM »
:thumbup:

When in doubt ...

duncvis

« Reply #971 on: September 07, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
There is a school within walking distance of where we live now, but quite frankly its no-where near as good. :-\

Something of an understatement (its actually one of the worst in the district)

Dropped Xan off at preschool and parked up on the moor, read for a bit with my mp3 player on then walked a couple of miles on the moor. Up there looking over the valleys on a breezy September morning was hard to beat.  8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #972 on: September 07, 2007, 01:14:02 PM »
I blew about fifty pounds of insulation into a cold air return duct in the house I am working on :-[
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #973 on: September 07, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »

how fascinating.   ::)

:P

yes, it was, actually. i'll have you know it was a good, meaningful conversation. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #974 on: September 07, 2007, 04:54:10 PM »
yeah, i bet.  lots of sighing and groaning on the other end, waiting for you to say something interesting, eh?  :smarty: