Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133833 times)

Teejay

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #300 on: April 30, 2007, 06:07:33 AM »
Been feeling tired all day, went to uni to do some work, however came back home.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #301 on: April 30, 2007, 06:12:11 AM »

*breathes in breathes out counts to 10*

in a population as big as the whole world there is always going to be a significant portion of them who are the same

we are talking about that generalization

a  generalization differs from predigest in the fact that we are aware that we are talking about a magorety not every single fucking one

and we do this cos other wise there would be nothing to talk about
humans brains just work that way

further more while every one is different we all have the same base instinct and these are very interlinked with mate selection

I understand the basic desires when linked in with mate selection, but we aren't just unthinking humping machines.  People are complex creatures- sure you can make generalisations based on what you believe people should want from a good mate but you have to accept that they are just generalisations and not actual truths.     Basically I find some of the generalisations you seem to have been making a little over simplified, and that offends me.  Your suggestion that only those who are somehow fucked up would want to have a relationship with someone that challenges them for instance. Your views on why some people enjoy anal sex- why does it have to be about domination?  Hell you even seem to assume that people are abnormal based on their non-sex related interests-  'im thinking but at this point i can not rember meting a feamale gamer that was not serverly ab normal'

Plus does it not even occur to you for even a second that human sexuality is about far more that just finding a good breeding partner now?  I find it hard to believe that with the choice of birth control available, the acceptability of pre-marital sex, etc, etc that the human psyche will not have adapted away to some extent from only finding attractive signs of suitability for mating.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #302 on: April 30, 2007, 06:14:43 AM »
slightly worried now
the girls i have met thro gaming are really weird
i just can not see how girls could get weirder

Anyone who is with me for any length of time
is going to be pretty damned weird. These
girls tended to not be complete sociopaths.
I don't know what could stand me that
wasn't.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2007, 06:24:42 AM »
So why did you bother replying, using "YOU" instead of "u"?

because in another post some one asked me in a non condescending nice way
and YOU shat me so i am not going to let it go

Oh, poor thing, did I hurt your feelings? If you want the kid gloves, you really should say so.

See, my last post wasn't condescending. This one is, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
  • babbling randomly in a reality near you
« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2007, 06:35:33 AM »
I understand the basic desires when linked in with mate selection, but we aren't just unthinking humping machines.
No we are not
but it dose influence our choices
People are complex creatures- sure you can make generalisations based on what you believe people should want from a good mate but you have to accept that they are just generalisations and not actual truths.   
That’s the whole point of generalizations they are the truth but not the whole truth
Get it yet

Basically I find some of the generalisations you seem to have been making a little over simplified, and that offends me. 
You have to simplified to make generalizations if I was making a complex statement then there would not be a majority to talk about and that’s where people get different
Get it yet
Your suggestion that only those who are somehow fucked up would want to have a relationship with someone that challenges them for instance.
WTF where did I say that please enlighten me
Your views on why some people enjoy anal sex- why does it have to be about domination? 
Anal sex dose not have to be about dominance it just often gives that feeling for the giver at least
This is driven by instinct so I am not going be able to explain it to YOU as YOU don’t believe in them
Hell you even seem to assume that people are abnormal based on their non-sex related interests-  'im thinking but at this point i can not rember meting a feamale gamer that was not serverly ab normal'
No that was pure fact
I am a female gamer
I have met at least 20 or so
and not a single one was normal
it had nothing to do with them being gamers
they just were

Plus does it not even occur to you for even a second that human sexuality is about far more that just finding a good breeding partner now?  I find it hard to believe that with the choice of birth control available, the acceptability of pre-marital sex, etc, etc that the human psyche will not have adapted away to some extent from only finding attractive signs of suitability for mating.

*starts banging head ageist desk*

of course some of it is nurture or nature of the indivigal person
never said other wise
but every one has instincts

case in point
they have found woman on birth control when choosing partners have a much higher instance of choosing partners that have genetic abnormalities that mirror there owen
almost garenting there children will have it
woman not on birth control chose men that do not

This is because woman can smell these things and birth control fucks up that balance
Don’t know about other woman but I don’t do this on porpus
I have never understood why it should be necessity to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or indeed why it should be necessity to prove it at all - Avon

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2007, 06:39:03 AM »

Oh, poor thing, did I hurt your feelings? If you want the kid gloves, you really should say so.

your last post was condescending this one is down right rude

but kno my fealings are fine the onley thing you hurt was my opinion of you
I have never understood why it should be necessity to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or indeed why it should be necessity to prove it at all - Avon

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #306 on: April 30, 2007, 06:45:52 AM »
case in point
they have found woman on birth control when choosing partners have a much higher instance of choosing partners that have genetic abnormalities that mirror there owen
almost garenting there children will have it
woman not on birth control chose men that do not

This is because woman can smell these things and birth control fucks up that balance
Don’t know about other woman but I don’t do this on porpus

Never been selected by anyone who was on birth control at the
time. Though, my first gf owned a diaphragm, if you want to count
that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2007, 06:47:33 AM »
 :popcorn:

i have become most intrigued by Paradox and PI's part of this discussion.
hint, hint.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2007, 06:51:52 AM »
First of all I understand what a generalisation is- however people commonly generalise that all women want bastards something you've disputed-  so you obviously only agree with generalisation of the way people behave when it backs up your argument. Personally I don't like to put people into categories like that- from the way you write most people would generalise that you're of low intelligence, but imo to generalise like that would be wrong.

Second- I didn't once say that I didn't believe in instincts- I do however believe these are more complex than you believe (yes I got at from the start that you were simplifying) and that you're just limiting your comments on these based on which ones will back up your argument.

Third- would you seriously consider your experience of knowing 20 female gamers enough to claim that they're generally screwed up?  Is 20 people enough to make your claims fact??

Edited to add quote:This is where I thought you were saying only fucked up woman would want a man who challenges them:

"has nothing to do with acting like a pig
u act like that and all u are going to get is woman who have been abused, pluss u then add to there problems"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 06:54:28 AM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2007, 07:09:47 AM »
First of all I understand what a generalisation is- however people commonly generalise that all women want bastards something you've disputed-  so you obviously only agree with generalisation of the way people behave when it backs up your argument.

no i was disputing the generalization its self
woman offten go for a thing in a man
people think this is basterley behavior
mostly nice guys that don't get dates (maby they are jaded)
i am saying that it is not that but another quality that often happens to go with it
probly because of the way they are treated there whole life

Personally I don't like to put people into categories like that- from the way you write most people would generalise that you're of low intelligence, but imo to generalise like that would be wrong.

no it dose not work like that so YOU dont understand
YOU can not generalizes about one person
YOU can not say because of ..... YOU must be...
that is predigest

Second- I didn't once say that I didn't believe in instincts- I do however believe these are more complex than you believe (yes I got at from the start that you were simplifying) and that you're just limiting your comments on these based on which ones will back up your argument.
no i am limiting my comments to those that are relevant to this discussion.
and i haven't done much explain at all of them
so how do YOU know the limits of my knolage

Third- would you seriously consider your experience of knowing 20 female gamers enough to claim that they're generally screwed up?  Is 20 people enough to make your claims fact??

never said it was fact that they all were i said it was fact that no gamer girl i ever met was normal
and i was just telling some one that there basing all woman off gamers might be a bad idear

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2007, 07:11:49 AM »
and i am still waiting for you to tell me where i apparently said
"that only those who are somehow fucked up would want to have a relationship with someone that challenges them for instance"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2007, 07:16:45 AM »

your last post was condescending this one is down right rude

but kno my fealings are fine the onley thing you hurt was my opinion of you

I don't really care what you think of me, but if you think my last post was rude, you sure are easily offended.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2007, 07:22:51 AM »
as i said YOUR rude ness dose not offend me

it is just rudeness

if i did not think it was rude that would not be me being thick skinned
it would mean i had different values
it is because i do not get offended when people are rude, condescending or jerks that makes me thick skined

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2007, 07:26:39 AM »
woman offten go for a thing in a man
people think this is basterley behavior
mostly nice guys that don't get dates (maby they are jaded)
i am saying that it is not that but another quality that often happens to go with it
probly because of the way they are treated there whole life 

Ok so what quality would you say goes along with this 'bastardly behaviour' that makes women attracted to men who behave like that but isn't actually bastardly behaviour?

I thought you were saying that men hide their bad side from the women they want to sleep with because they really want nice guys.

no it dose not work like that so YOU dont understand
YOU can not generalizes about one person
YOU can not say because of ..... YOU must be...
that is predigest

So its ok to make assumptions and generalisations about half of the world's population, but prejudice when you do it about a smaller group?
My point is that although people do often makes generalisations about others (based on very little evidence sometimes)  it doesn't make it right, and the way you reacted to that (even though I stated that I wouldn't agree) kinda proves my point. 

no i am limiting my comments to those that are relevant to this discussion.
and i haven't done much explain at all of them
so how do YOU know the limits of my knolage

Where did I state that I did know the limits of your knowledge?? 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:33:08 AM by purposefulinsanity »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2007, 07:31:13 AM »
and i am still waiting for you to tell me where i apparently said
"that only those who are somehow fucked up would want to have a relationship with someone that challenges them for instance"

Ok since I obviously misinterpreted your other comment about this what about this one:

yes there are some woman who want to be treating badly they have low self esteem

or to little self control?