Author Topic: School shooting in Newtown, CT  (Read 3776 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: School shooting in Newtown, CT
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
Fucking ridiculous per usual. I can't even read the comments. Makes me too angry.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
Fucking ridiculous per usual. I can't even read the comments. Makes me too angry.

The news comment section? Those are never monitored.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »
To be brutally honest, I couldn't care less about this. Always the same media bullshit every time.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 12:39:37 AM »
I feel sad for those who lost their kid or loved one. Totally terrible this is.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:05:21 PM by lutra »
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 01:03:10 AM »
To be brutally honest, I couldn't care less about this. Always the same media bullshit every time.

They will probably spend a week milking the same story to get ratings.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 01:23:45 AM »
All I'm seeing around the interwebs atm is the same old tired gun control debates. Aspies are safe for now.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 07:29:54 AM »
Fucking awful. You guys seen all the god comments too? It's because they "removed God from schools" apparently.

Coulda seen the autism shit coming a mile off. No surprise there.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »
Fucking awful. You guys seen all the god comments too? It's because they "removed God from schools" apparently.

Coulda seen the autism shit coming a mile off. No surprise there.

Yeah, this kind of tragedy always brings out the preachers.  As if Biblical people were
   incapable of violence, as if the Biblical God were not a sadistic torturer and mass murderer.
   And yes, here come the Asperger's comments as well, I'm sure ASPartners is full of threads about it.  :facepalm2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »
All I'm seeing around the interwebs atm is the same old tired gun control debates. Aspies are safe for now.

Meanwhile in China... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

I think that alone will shut up the pro gun control people pretty quickly. When there's a will, there's a way for these kind of people. You can't stop someone really determined to fuck shit up by pre-emptive bans on weapons. Because if not guns, knives, if not knives, crossbows, if not crossbows, explosives, if not explosives, kitchen utensils and so on.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:13:50 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
Oh boy here we go, the typical loner, past trauma profile of the suspect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20738732

No direct mention of Aspergers or Autism... yet.

He apparently had no Facebook page and his electronic footprint was minimal.

OH SHI- I could be a deeply disturbed individual for not having a Facebook page too. :zoinks:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »

I think that alone will shut up the pro gun control people pretty quickly. When there's a will, there's a way for these kind of people. You can't stop someone really determined to fuck shit up by pre-emptive bans on weapons. Because if not guns, knives, if not knives, crossbows, if not crossbows, explosives, if not explosives, kitchen utensils and so on.

Except none of the Chinese kids died.  Knives, crossbows, explosives, kitchen utensils, socks with bricks in them and pointy sticks are all less effective at killing and/or more difficult to obtain and/or use effectively than semi-automatic firearms in the US.  It's one thing if you're Anders Breivik and you have the intelligence, resourcefulness and determination to set up an agricultural company to obtain fertiliser for explosives, build a bomb from it and jump through some legal hoops to get guns, but if you're just the average maniac, it's going to make a difference to the final body count if you can't easily lay your hands on a gun when the homicidal urges strike.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 09:47:19 AM »

Except none of the Chinese kids died.  Knives, crossbows, explosives, kitchen utensils, socks with bricks in them and pointy sticks are all less effective at killing and/or more difficult to obtain and/or use effectively than semi-automatic firearms in the US.  It's one thing if you're Anders Breivik and you have the intelligence, resourcefulness and determination to set up an agricultural company to obtain fertiliser for explosives, build a bomb from it and jump through some legal hoops to get guns, but if you're just the average maniac, it's going to make a difference to the final body count if you can't easily lay your hands on a gun when the homicidal urges strike.

explosives less effective at killing than guns? tell me you dont truly believe that. let me give you a brief history of explosives.

fireworks
shrapnel
projectile weapons
high explosive [lethal shockwaves]

explosives are more lethal than guns simply because the bullets coming from those guns are propelled by explosives

not to mention when all you have to do is leave a back pack on a timer in a classroom with some home made nitro glyceren [its not hard to make. you can get the recipie and instructions from google]

provided you do not blow yourself up making the stuff, be it nitro, anfo, semtex, your more likely to kill a greater ammount of people.

seriously. drop a bag with one of those in any classroom. timed to go off at last class. go about your day normally. dropping them off. whole school. gone. instantly.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
but why are we talking about more effective ways to kill people. a catastrophic event just happened. and i have to get back to ignoring it.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 09:58:26 AM »

A fair point, that's true. But I'm emphasizing more on the point that you can't stop people if they're motivated enough. It'd be better to tackle the problem way before it can even reach that stage. An improvement in mental health services could mitigate some potential candidates as I'm sure some of these people just need a good psychologist to sort out their frustrations, skewed perceptions of reality out (or get medication if it's at a point where it's neurological/chemical caused). It'd be preferable if society was more responsible enough to still have arms, while able to reduce such tragedies at the same time. But I know, sounds too idealistic.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:00:18 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Prof, they've already said he had aspergers