Author Topic: Surveillance cameras  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
Re: Surveillance cameras
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »
Big Brother is NOT a friend of the people. The state, by its very nature, craves control over people, and will stoop to all manner of abuses in order to hang onto power, and of course, they always 'need' this, that, or the other new form of authority, something else to enforce/or to better enforce some existing regulations.

The plague of CCTV cameras is hardly a deterrent to criminals, solve few crimes, and in general, those 'innovations' that give the pork, and big brother yet more of the power they so greedily crave, are not good things to be used in the spirit of benevolence. Much more often, they are, or wind up being, used to create and maintain a state of fear, uncertainty and doubt amongst us 'common people'

Or as one (now former) govt. minister over here in the UK so charmingly put it 'plebs'

And I for one, don't take to the idea of being watched, nearly everywhere I go if its in a public, urban/city place, it just doesn't sit well with my private, and introvert nature.

Thank hades that the infestation hasn't reached the places I feel most 'at home' and at peace, out in the woods.

Even without CCTV, being out in public means NO privacy. None. Zilch. Even in the woods.

If I was entitled to privacy in the public, I could have a wank in the streets and not have to worry about consequence.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
I don't know about that. I generally get to be alone, when I go out on my mushroom forays, at least, if I want to. Easy enough to find somewhere comfortable and take a nap halfway through if I want without being disturbed.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »
And yes, guns do kill people. What else do you think they're for? Substitute dildos?

If you do substitute a gun for a dildo, be real careful.  You could really do a bang up job on your orgasm.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2012, 09:17:22 PM »
could we ditch the cameras, hire some artists, sit them on top of the light poles and have them sketch the relevant scenes?  That would help some of the employment problem.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
And yes, guns do kill people. What else do you think they're for? Substitute dildos?

:LMAO:

Do you actually think an inanimate object can do harm on its own, whether it is a gun, spoon, or a bottle of booze?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:16:53 PM by TA »
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
Of course not, idiot. But guns are DESIGNED to kill people. What else are they for?

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2012, 10:22:47 PM »
Of course not, idiot. But guns are DESIGNED to kill people. What else are they for?

Duuuuuuuuuuuh.  :yawn:

Your point?

I guess spoons cause obesity as well.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »
kill animals and put holes in targets

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »

Your point?

No. Becuase spoons are there to EAT with. Not to make yourself obese with. Guns are there to shoot people with. Shooting people isn't a side effect

Anyway, this "debate" is boring now. We've had it numerous times already and neither of us are going to change our minds.  Im not gonna sit here discussing guns with some redneck on the internet.

Offline TA

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2012, 10:29:38 PM »

Your point?

No. Becuase spoons are there to EAT with. Not to make yourself obese with. Guns are there to shoot people with. Shooting people isn't a side effect

Anyway, this "debate" is boring now. We've had it numerous times already and neither of us are going to change our minds.  Im not gonna sit here discussing guns with some redneck on the internet.

Who said we were discussing guns? That was simply the example you choose for your retort.  :M

I'm done here.

TheoK

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2012, 01:48:37 AM »

Why are you such a whiner? It's nothing wrong if the good guys kill the bad guys with guns. And the gun won't kill anyone on its own. The gun law wasn't made to protect you in the first place. It was made to protect your lords and other arseholes ruling Britain from you!

Suits you right that you live in the cunty UK with a camera in every corner.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:16:59 AM by Lit »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2012, 01:50:52 AM »
I will only support CCTV if they stop the nonsense campaign of preventing photographers taking pictures in public, otherwise it's double standards to me.

There is such a campaign? :facepalm:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2012, 07:00:10 AM »
More or less, yes. The UK government for example campaigned that people report anyone taking photographs, in case it's a "terrorist threat" or along the lines. Here's a poster from that campaign:

Also, the police and private security firms are harassing photographers for pretty much no reason, trying to get their equipment confiscated or their images deleted. There is also the recent surge of photographer = pervert mentality of people, which is not helped by bias in the press, especially tabloid newspapers.

It leads me to think that they often forget that the "real" terrorists will most likely not use DSLRs and such in public to document their nefarious plans, but use compact or mobile phone cameras due to being easy to conceal. Same with paedophiles, perverts and other deviants. You often see people take pictures with their phones or compact cameras without consequence in not only the public, but in private areas where photography is strictly forbidden. That in itself is a double standard, and that any potential terrorists will pretty much get away with it.

That said, a line has to drawn when it comes to someone using photography to intentionally harass someone. You will always get people who take it too far. However, I do not think it warrants a ban of public photography/videography etc.

TheoK

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »
I think I should stop complaining about Sweden. It's pretty liberal here compared with the UK and even with the Netherlands  :-\

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
They have adds about things like that down toward NYC, they also more disturbingly have adds about reporting people who look nervous, out of place or avoid eye contact. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw