Educational

Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20880 times)

TheoK

Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #555 on: November 18, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »
 :agreed:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #556 on: November 18, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
Is that your arse, Bodie? Looks relly tasty  :eyebrows:

no, but this one is :laugh:
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #557 on: November 18, 2012, 01:03:14 PM »
 :drool:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #558 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:21 PM »
hey....stick around and you might see some itty bitty titties :bounce:
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #559 on: November 18, 2012, 01:11:26 PM »
I'm not that much into tits. I prefer the chocolate factory  :orly:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #560 on: November 18, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
I think this thread is really starting to turn a corner.

'Fraid not.  Circles don't have corners.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #561 on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »
You can read. You just don't understand. That's worse, IMHO.

Oh well.

You dont have the right to decide what one of Bods points I should comment on. That is very arrogant :thumbdn:

You are absolutely right, I don't have that right. Is that what you think this is about, dear?

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

When the argument fails, revert to patronizing the woman. You fat sexist pig :facepalm2:

I thought you'd bite.  :hahaha:

Yeah right Jabba, dont pretend you were just fishing   :thumbdn:

I think that using yours and Les' logic, this proves without doubt that you are a male chauvinist pig :police:

My god you are easy.

Oh come on now Jabba. Just admit that you accidently let slip a sexist comment :lol1:

I wont think any less of you.

You'd like that, I'm sure, but sorry--the comment was designed to provoke a response, which it did. Pissed you off.

If you'd rather try to explain away your inability to decipher Bodie's post, feel free to do so instead. :zoinks:

I gonna try and call a bit of a timeout here.

Jabba, when this started, you were making all sorts of weird and wonderful accusations. It was fun for me, and probably for you too.

Now you only seem to be interested in trying to convince people that your comment wasnt sexist. This is just boring.

I have no real argument with you.If you have no more accusations to throw at me, would you not be best letting this die.

I don't have to explain anything. You, on the other hand, have left holes all over your so-called arguments. I find it extremely amusing that you are so easy to derail, tbh, and I might do it again, while waiting for you to fill those holes.

Not that I believe you will do it, dear.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #562 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
You can read. You just don't understand. That's worse, IMHO.

Oh well.

You dont have the right to decide what one of Bods points I should comment on. That is very arrogant :thumbdn:

You are absolutely right, I don't have that right. Is that what you think this is about, dear?

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

When the argument fails, revert to patronizing the woman. You fat sexist pig :facepalm2:

I thought you'd bite.  :hahaha:

Yeah right Jabba, dont pretend you were just fishing   :thumbdn:

I think that using yours and Les' logic, this proves without doubt that you are a male chauvinist pig :police:

My god you are easy.

Oh come on now Jabba. Just admit that you accidently let slip a sexist comment :lol1:

I wont think any less of you.

You'd like that, I'm sure, but sorry--the comment was designed to provoke a response, which it did. Pissed you off.

If you'd rather try to explain away your inability to decipher Bodie's post, feel free to do so instead. :zoinks:

I gonna try and call a bit of a timeout here.

Jabba, when this started, you were making all sorts of weird and wonderful accusations. It was fun for me, and probably for you too.

Now you only seem to be interested in trying to convince people that your comment wasnt sexist. This is just boring.

I have no real argument with you.If you have no more accusations to throw at me, would you not be best letting this die.

I don't have to explain anything. You, on the other hand, have left holes all over your so-called arguments. I find it extremely amusing that you are so easy to derail, tbh, and I might do it again, while waiting for you to fill those holes.

Not that I believe you will do it, dear.

My "so-called arguments" werent even arguments. Youve just been taking everything Ive said, and tried to argue with me over it :facepalm2:

Im not even sure what you have derailed. That makes little sense.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #563 on: November 18, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
butterflies is  practice trolling

she needs more practice ::)

just let her prattle on

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #564 on: November 18, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

just let her prattle on

If I was practice trolling, do you think Jabba and Les would still be trying to argue with me, 35 pages later :facepalm2:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:45:38 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #565 on: November 18, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

In other words Butterflies, don't expect him to give up. Even if you're right.

You are imagining me as my avatar and are imagining what I (as my avatar) would do and smell like?
From such a start to such a brilliant essay I can only say that you may suffer for accuracy but you have shown a good aptitude for fiction writing.
 When you talk about me writing essays you are alluding to my long posts. This is not short mate. There is a word for people who condemn others for what they do.
Not that you care, right? ;)

I kinda imagine that you probably smell a lot of stale sweat. This is not based on your avatar, but is instead based on my perception of you as a creepy, odd, dirty little man.

For some reason, I just imagine you having a secret stash of undies that you have surreptitiously snaffled from the washing lines of your attractive female neighbours.

You know, I could be all offended that some  girl half a world away is thinking weird shit about me based on nothing but dislike. But I tend to just smirk at it and think " what a loser. She is wasting her youth fantasising on what some Middle-aged Aussie bloke is like and what sexual fetishes he may have."
Are you serious when you write this and you want me to humour you by feigning offense or by posting denials?
I don't imagine you Butterflies. I visit a forum that you post on and sometimes I respond to those posts.
So no Butterflies. No defending my hygiene nor sexual preferences. I am instead going to ask you to have a think about what I just wrote.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:59:50 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #566 on: November 18, 2012, 02:54:35 PM »

just let her prattle on

If I was practice trolling, do you think Jabba and Les would still be trying to argue with me, 35 pages later :facepalm2:
yes....

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #567 on: November 18, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

In other words Butterflies, don't expect him to give up. Even if you're right.

You are imagining me as my avatar and are imagining what I (as my avatar) would do and smell like?
From such a start to such a brilliant essay I can only say that you may suffer for accuracy but you have shown a good aptitude for fiction writing.
 When you talk about me writing essays you are alluding to my long posts. This is not short mate. There is a word for people who condemn others for what they do.
Not that you care, right? ;)

I kinda imagine that you probably smell a lot of stale sweat. This is not based on your avatar, but is instead based on my perception of you as a creepy, odd, dirty little man.

For some reason, I just imagine you having a secret stash of undies that you have surreptitiously snaffled from the washing lines of your attractive female neighbours.

You know, I could be all offended that some  girl half a world away is thinking weird shit about me based on nothing but dislike. But I tend to just smirk at it and think " what a loser. She is wasting her youth fantasising on what some mid
Middle-aged Aussie bloke is like and what sexual fetishes he may have."
Are you serious when you write this and you want mevtk humour you by feigning offense or by posting denials?
I don't imagine you Butterflies. I visit a forum that you post on and sometimes I respond to those posts.
So no Butterflies. No defending my hygiene nor sexual preferences. I am instead going to ask you to have a think about what I just wrote.

Of course you shouldnt be offended, and any denials would be futile.
Im just basing my opinions of you on the image you give off when you post here.

In reality, you could be a successful man, who washes regularly, changes his pants, and who doesnt creep out his neighbours.

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #568 on: November 18, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #569 on: November 18, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »

just let her prattle on

She tends to put herself in that position.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein