Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20899 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #540 on: November 18, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

In other words Butterflies, don't expect him to give up. Even if you're right.

You are imagining me as my avatar and are imagining what I (as my avatar) would do and smell like?
From such a start to such a brilliant essay I can only say that you may suffer for accuracy but you have shown a good aptitude for fiction writing.
 When you talk about me writing essays you are alluding to my long posts. This is not short mate. There is a word for people who condemn others for what they do.
Not that you care, right? ;)

I kinda imagine that you probably smell a lot of stale sweat. This is not based on your avatar, but is instead based on my perception of you as a creepy, odd, dirty little man.

For some reason, I just imagine you having a secret stash of undies that you have surreptitiously snaffled from the washing lines of your attractive female neighbours.
Dont worry, Al, she is just projecting her self-image on you. Just a creepy odd little woman.

Frankly Sky, you might be the only one on the site who can give Les a run for his money in the "sad old man" stakes :thumbup:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #541 on: November 18, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

In other words Butterflies, don't expect him to give up. Even if you're right.

You are imagining me as my avatar and are imagining what I (as my avatar) would do and smell like?
From such a start to such a brilliant essay I can only say that you may suffer for accuracy but you have shown a good aptitude for fiction writing.
 When you talk about me writing essays you are alluding to my long posts. This is not short mate. There is a word for people who condemn others for what they do.
Not that you care, right? ;)

I kinda imagine that you probably smell a lot of stale sweat. This is not based on your avatar, but is instead based on my perception of you as a creepy, odd, dirty little man.

For some reason, I just imagine you having a secret stash of undies that you have surreptitiously snaffled from the washing lines of your attractive female neighbours.
Dont worry, Al, she is just projecting her self-image on you. Just a creepy odd little woman.

Frankly Sky, you might be the only one on the site who can give Les a run for his money in the "sad old man" stakes :thumbup:
aww, jeez , I am crushed that you would say such a thing

Perhaps you could liven the place up by posting another photo of you on the toilet

Richard would be pleased.

Myself I thought you just looked stupid

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #542 on: November 18, 2012, 10:42:17 AM »
And besides that, Al is my junior by probably 10 years.

You, may address me as Sir

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #543 on: November 18, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »
You can read. You just don't understand. That's worse, IMHO.

Oh well.

You dont have the right to decide what one of Bods points I should comment on. That is very arrogant :thumbdn:

You are absolutely right, I don't have that right. Is that what you think this is about, dear?

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

When the argument fails, revert to patronizing the woman. You fat sexist pig :facepalm2:

I thought you'd bite.  :hahaha:

Yeah right Jabba, dont pretend you were just fishing   :thumbdn:

I think that using yours and Les' logic, this proves without doubt that you are a male chauvinist pig :police:

My god you are easy.

Oh come on now Jabba. Just admit that you accidently let slip a sexist comment :lol1:

I wont think any less of you.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #544 on: November 18, 2012, 10:48:36 AM »

I think Les is a lot closer to being 20 years your junior.

I'll start calling you sir, when you become my superior in some way :thumbup:

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #545 on: November 18, 2012, 11:21:50 AM »

I am your superior in age, even you have admitted that.

You yourself are just at that age where you are a young person wannabe.

Enjoy growing older :), dummy

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #546 on: November 18, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »
I don't know who is worse, skyblue or richard.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #547 on: November 18, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
Herp derp
[/quote

Fixed.

I really don't know why you bother when you don't have anything to say.

...did you deliberately shoot yourself in your foot?

:zoinks:

My apparent inability to post does in no way render my point moot. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #548 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »

Oh well.

You dont have the right to decide what one of Bods points I should comment on. That is very arrogant :thumbdn:

You are absolutely right, I don't have that right. Is that what you think this is about, dear?

When the argument fails, revert to patronizing the woman. You fat sexist pig :facepalm2:

I think that using yours and Les' logic, this proves without doubt that you are a male chauvinist pig :police:

My god you are easy.

Oh come on now Jabba. Just admit that you accidently let slip a sexist comment :lol1:

You'd like that, I'm sure, but sorry--the comment was designed to provoke a response, which it did. Pissed you off.

If you'd rather try to explain away your inability to decipher Bodie's post, feel free to do so instead. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #549 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »

I am your superior in age, even you have admitted that.

Fair enough Sky. You are superior to me in age.
Im kinda jealous now.

Enjoy growing older :), dummy

Enjoy dying :) Turdbreath

midlifeaspie

« Reply #550 on: November 18, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
I think this thread is really starting to turn a corner.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #551 on: November 18, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »

Oh well.

My god you are easy.

You'd like that, I'm sure, but sorry--the comment was designed to provoke a response, which it did. Pissed you off.

If you'd rather try to explain away your inability to decipher Bodie's post, feel free to do so instead. :zoinks:

I gonna try and call a bit of a timeout here.

Jabba, when this started, you were making all sorts of weird and wonderful accusations. It was fun for me, and probably for you too.

Now you only seem to be interested in trying to convince people that your comment wasnt sexist. This is just boring.

I have no real argument with you.If you have no more accusations to throw at me, would you not be best letting this die.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:44:22 AM by Butterflies »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #552 on: November 18, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
I don't know who is worse, skyblue or richard.

Definitely Skyblue. Richard creates amusement, and shows his rocks at every opportunity.

TheoK

« Reply #553 on: November 18, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
caeluscaeruleusunus non fortis est  :thumbdn:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #554 on: November 18, 2012, 12:13:52 PM »
caeluscaeruleusunus non fortis est  :thumbdn:

non valebat. Est debilis :(