Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20919 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #525 on: November 18, 2012, 01:35:52 AM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

In other words Butterflies, don't expect him to give up. Even if you're right.

He reminds me of the drunk in the boozer, who thinks he wins every argument because he can shout louder than anyone else, and because hes still shouting after everyone else has gone home :nerdy:

But yes, I can imagine him hunched over his keyboard, sweat dripping onto the keys, as he furiously beats out another very strange, badly written essay on what an evil person I am.

I wonder what life must be like for someone like that :'( :'(

While Shleed is busy investing his thought in imagining me as my avatar chomping on a big cigar and doing whatever (WTF?  :lol1:), what are you imagining? Me shouting at the keyboard and hunching, sweating and being furious? I don't know whether these fantasies you both have of me ought to be acknowledged or encouraged, but hey they could be worse.
I will take it as flattery that you both are fantasising about me.
Butterflies, I don't think you are evil and have never said so. Why misrepresent, again?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #526 on: November 18, 2012, 01:43:20 AM »
I think I finally convinced her to not continue debating with you. :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #527 on: November 18, 2012, 01:54:53 AM »
I think I finally convinced her to not continue debating with you. :zoinks:

....and?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #528 on: November 18, 2012, 02:35:05 AM »
lol

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #529 on: November 18, 2012, 02:52:31 AM »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #530 on: November 18, 2012, 03:02:14 AM »
lol

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #531 on: November 18, 2012, 03:05:08 AM »
lol

:santa:

Well to those who were questioning lack of activity or drama and everyone being too nice.  :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #532 on: November 18, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »
You can read. You just don't understand. That's worse, IMHO.

Oh well.

You dont have the right to decide what one of Bods points I should comment on. That is very arrogant :thumbdn:

You are absolutely right, I don't have that right. Is that what you think this is about, dear?

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

When the argument fails, revert to patronizing the woman. You fat sexist pig :facepalm2:

I thought you'd bite.  :hahaha:

Yeah right Jabba, dont pretend you were just fishing   :thumbdn:

I think that using yours and Les' logic, this proves without doubt that you are a male chauvinist pig :police:

My god you are easy.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #533 on: November 18, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
Herp derp
[/quote

Fixed.

I really don't know why you bother when you don't have anything to say.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #534 on: November 18, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »
Just to clarify when i made the suggestion of making a subforum for the younger ones i was indeed being ridiculous.

Also, i was not trying to speak on behalf of anyone.  Even if i had been trying to say what i thought Butterflies meant, it would have been kind of arrogant to assume that i knew what she was meaning,  and even more arrogant to assume that she alone represents the wants and needs of all young people on the site.

It was just my own perception.

This has turned into something else now.  If it were a pub, i doubt many punters would be left.
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #535 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:19 AM »
Is that your arse, Bodie? Looks relly tasty  :eyebrows:

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #536 on: November 18, 2012, 08:17:23 AM »
Herp derp
[/quote

Fixed.

I really don't know why you bother when you don't have anything to say.

...did you deliberately shoot yourself in your foot?

:zoinks:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #537 on: November 18, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

You are imagining me as my avatar and are imagining what I (as my avatar) would do and smell like?
From such a start to such a brilliant essay I can only say that you may suffer for accuracy but you have shown a good aptitude for fiction writing.
 When you talk about me writing essays you are alluding to my long posts. This is not short mate. There is a word for people who condemn others for what they do.
Not that you care, right? ;)

I kinda imagine that you probably smell a lot of stale sweat. This is not based on your avatar, but is instead based on my perception of you as a creepy, odd, dirty little man.

For some reason, I just imagine you having a secret stash of undies that you have surreptitiously snaffled from the washing lines of your attractive female neighbours.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #538 on: November 18, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »

Butterflies, I don't think you are evil and have never said so. Why misrepresent, again?

TBH, so many of your essays appear to have no purpose, other than to persuade the people who read them, that I am a bad person.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #539 on: November 18, 2012, 10:04:59 AM »

You are imagining me as my avatar and are imagining what I (as my avatar) would do and smell like?
From such a start to such a brilliant essay I can only say that you may suffer for accuracy but you have shown a good aptitude for fiction writing.
 When you talk about me writing essays you are alluding to my long posts. This is not short mate. There is a word for people who condemn others for what they do.
Not that you care, right? ;)

I kinda imagine that you probably smell a lot of stale sweat. This is not based on your avatar, but is instead based on my perception of you as a creepy, odd, dirty little man.

For some reason, I just imagine you having a secret stash of undies that you have surreptitiously snaffled from the washing lines of your attractive female neighbours.
Dont worry, Al, she is just projecting her self-image on you. Just a creepy odd little woman.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:07:13 AM by skyblue1 »