Educational

Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20884 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #510 on: November 17, 2012, 09:51:31 PM »
lol Butterflies, are yyou really hurt and upset after being called stupid by someone like Les? :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #511 on: November 17, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
Also I see Callaway is slowly but surely making her way thru this thread haha

I wonder how long it takes her to read a book :zoinks:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »
lol Butterflies, are yyou really hurt and upset after being called stupid by someone like Les? :laugh:

Yes. I sometimes find it very hurtful :'(

However, most of the time I cant help but be in awe of his delicious sense of irony.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #513 on: November 17, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »
Also I see Callaway is slowly but surely making her way thru this thread haha

I wonder how long it takes her to read a book :zoinks:

Depends on the book.  I'm actually a pretty fast reader.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #514 on: November 17, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
@Les. Im trying to see your point, but it would help if you could go into greater detail. It feels like youre being deliberately vague.

Just give me a nice little essay, preferably with a 10 minute powerpoint presentation, uploaded onto Youtube.

But Butterflies if you do not understand what has been said, then surely all that you suggest will be a waste of everyone's time. It would be cruel too. If as i say you are really having difficulties with these concepts, then it would be cruel in the same way that giving a book of advanced astrophysics to a year 5 and telling them to study up as they will be tested on it shortly.
I simply assumed you were more intelligent and rational than you were letting on, and your ignorance and stupidity, and inability to represent any point in this discussion rationally and logically, was due to you playing the idiot.
I am big enough to recognise a fault. You are not playing the idiot because it is not an act.

I love the way you subtly compare your essays with advanced astrophysics  :nerdy: :probe:
Its comments like that which ensure that this tete-a-tete will never go stale :thumbup:

Now, c'mon Les. You know you want to, so get typing. I want to see a 500 word essay on how you werent comparing your essays to astrophysics, or whatever random shite you tend to fill your essays with :squiddy:

Not subtly comparing my essays to astrophysics.
Yes i know you will say "OMG Les, you typed astrophysics in your essays...look" So from the outset I know, I typed it. But again you are failing to see that i am comparing your inability to get any point of reference. I get it.
When you say "Good re-write", and what you are saying is a rewrite, is a list of questions to you...then that clearly is not a re-write and you do not know what a rewrite is OR are pretending not to know. When you say I am being paranoid and show as your evidence for this a a passage you wrote that I interpret differently apparently to you read it and neither your explanation nor my interpretaion was a source of paranoia to either of us.To be honest, the perfect example was at one time you called something I said a strawman and when I trotted out the definition you dowgraded it to the almost a strawman or the beginnings of a strawman. That is like calling someone "almost pregnant".
THIS all is what I mean. An "essay" from me will be pointing out your fail but will not give you a context because as a year 5 will not understand the foundations of the science enough to have a point of reference to astrosphysics to understand or appreciate astrophysics, neither is it fair for me to criticise you for not realising what strawman arguments are, what re-writes entail, what paranoia is or is not...none of these and other failings tht you make. It is either you are struggling with your critical reasoning and intellect, in which case good on you for trying OR it is all an act.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #515 on: November 17, 2012, 10:42:51 PM »

:lol1: No surprises here Adam. Here is Adam backing his friend, right or wrong. I remember Squiddy once saying that he HAD to back you two because you were his friends. Same deal. I understand it. I back positions not people but different strokes for different folks.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #516 on: November 17, 2012, 11:11:44 PM »
When you say I am being paranoid and show as your evidence for this a a passage you wrote that I interpret differently apparently to you read it and neither your explanation nor my interpretaion was a source of paranoia to either of us.
It is either you are struggling with your critical reasoning and intellect, in which case good on you for trying OR it is all an act.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

See Les. This is what you can do when you really put your mind to it.

A perfect example of almost Randy-esque babble, followed by some of the most hilariously misplaced arrogance imaginable.

I thought you were trying to pick a fight with me, but all along, you were simply cementing your place as the true master of irony :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:57:21 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #517 on: November 17, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

In other words Butterflies, don't expect him to give up. Even if you're right.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:34:57 PM by schleed »

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #518 on: November 17, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »
Les overargues and misinterprets any point given to him. For example, he's starting to think I'm having a "I don't care" crusade even though I never explicitly said or implied it. He'll probably type a 12,000 word essay on how I'm wrong, on how I'm pretending to "not care" and how it's really me who misinterprets.

Every time he makes a boring long essay, I actually do imagine his avatar talking with a cigar in his mouth, all while smelling of piss and bending over in an authoritative manner over some "serious business" that he has to tend. Everything he does is an attempt to dick-swing and win the argument, even if his points are meandering and TL;DR. He tries to win by quantity, rather than quality, eroding the person's patience over time until they give up. This is why I try to personally stay out of debating with Les in a serious manner, because what could be discussed in less than a page with one person would take 400+ with Les, since he argues over the most trivial of points to the point of splitting hairs. He has done so already with you, as evidenced by the many threads that grace the debates between you and him.

He reminds me of the drunk in the boozer, who thinks he wins every argument because he can shout louder than anyone else, and because hes still shouting after everyone else has gone home :nerdy:

But yes, I can imagine him hunched over his keyboard, sweat dripping onto the keys, as he furiously beats out another very strange, badly written essay on what an evil person I am.

I wonder what life must be like for someone like that :'( :'(

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #519 on: November 18, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »
When you say I am being paranoid and show as your evidence for this a a passage you wrote that I interpret differently apparently to you read it and neither your explanation nor my interpretaion was a source of paranoia to either of us.
It is either you are struggling with your critical reasoning and intellect, in which case good on you for trying OR it is all an act.

A perfect example of almost Randy-esque babble, followed by some of the most hilariously misplaced arrogance imaginable.

I thought you were trying to pick a fight with me, but all along, you were simply cementing your place as the true master of irony :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Now "No you" defense. Why back yourself when you can deflect and project?

• Constant Poster
« Reply #520 on: November 18, 2012, 12:13:15 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, case in point.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #521 on: November 18, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »

Now "No you" defense. Why back yourself when you can deflect and project?

Im not deflecting anything. I dont know what youre trying to argue with me over.

Youre not going into enough detail for me. Could you please write out a proper essay, which Im sure I'll read, and treat with due respect.
That way there can be no misunderstandings :thumbup:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #522 on: November 18, 2012, 12:41:16 AM »

You are imagining me as my avatar and are imagining what I (as my avatar) would do and smell like?
From such a start to such a brilliant essay I can only say that you may suffer for accuracy but you have shown a good aptitude for fiction writing.
 When you talk about me writing essays you are alluding to my long posts. This is not short mate. There is a word for people who condemn others for what they do.
Not that you care, right? ;)

• Constant Poster
« Reply #523 on: November 18, 2012, 12:47:51 AM »
Case in point number 2, people.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #524 on: November 18, 2012, 12:51:08 AM »
:trainwreck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.