Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20881 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #435 on: November 15, 2012, 11:27:22 PM »
  I think my Pandora's Box reference ended up being funny in a way I didn't expect.  :-[
   Who is/was Pandora?  I wasn't following the posts that might have mentioned her before.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2012, 04:29:27 AM »

You can disagree with anyone you like, Butterflies, friends and foes alike, but if you don't present viable alternatives, then don't you think whining about this site while suggesting yet another group for the young and the vibrant is just a tad arrogant?

Youre the one that is showing true arrogance here Odeon.
You hound my posts, demanding that I clarify every point I try to make. If I make any mistake, you will jump on me.
I have not suggested yet another new group for young vibrant aspies. Schleed has started a FB group, and he invited me to join. AFAIK, everyone here who is on FB has been invited to join.
Now, clearly you are wrong here, so it just remains to be seen whether you have the humility to admit your mistake and offer an apology like I did with Les, or whether you continue true to form and arrogantly try to claim that you are somehow right.

:LMAO:

Hounded, are you? You don't suppose me wanting you to explain some of the points you made was that you never did?

But you are right. This time you suggested using an existing group:

I would hugely love to keep in contact, but Skype would kill me. I cant even manage MSN. Forums seem to suit my social anxiety :laugh:
Zomg still exists. If you just wanted a little forum to hang out with your mates on, it could be used.

Zomg is completely dead. I havent even logged on in months. Your point makes no sense.

You aren't that stupid. Read again and see if you get it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2012, 04:39:04 AM »
If you take the time to address Bodie's points, don't misrepresent them. Here's what I think is important in her post:

I think there is little that could be done, anyway.  Apart from creating actual parts of the site for younger members.  Maybe for under forty's or under thirties or whatever.  But why would Odeon want to do this?

It sounds to me like they want somewhere to post where they don't have to read or see posts from those they feel are old and farty.  Well, i would suggest that they just ignore the members they feel are old and farty anyway.  AFAIK there is no law that says a reply is required.

In fact i would suggest to anyone to use the site and fill it with stuff that you like.  I don't know what is preventing anyone from using the site this way.   

The atmosphere is dictated by the current posters.  The best way to change the atmosphere is by posting.  What or who is preventing this? :dunno:

Notice how she actually dismisses the subforum for younger members as something I'd likely not do? Seems to me she doesn't believe in it either.

And while she starts by saying "It sounds to me like they want somewhere to post where they don't have to read...", she then goes on with what's important, which isn't about interpreting what you think or do not think but wholly sensible advice, regardless:

"Well, i would suggest that they just ignore the members they feel are old and farty anyway.  AFAIK there is no law that says a reply is required."

and, more importantly:

"In fact i would suggest to anyone to use the site and fill it with stuff that you like.  I don't know what is preventing anyone from using the site this way.   "

Sounds to me like sensible advice. But hey, that's just me. And maybe a few other members who think that this place is not dying and worth using.

But it's better to paint yourself as a victim, isn't it?

Bodie made some very simple and constructive suggestions about how to change the site, like trying to fill it with stuff you like, ignoring people and posts you don't care about, things like that. That's what you disagreed with,

No, thats quite clearly not the case. I would have preferred not to pick through Bods post for your benefit, but I have little choice. Sorry Bod.

Apart from creating actual parts of the site for younger members.  Maybe for under forty's or under thirties or whatever.
I just dont think that would be a good idea.

It sounds to me like they want somewhere to post where they don't have to read or see posts from those they feel are old and farty
She is trying to explain what she thinks I was trying to say. This was not what I was trying to say.

The atmosphere is dictated by the current posters.  The best way to change the atmosphere is by posting.  What or who is preventing this?
I explained to her what was stopping me from posting.

??? ??? ???

Why would I want to misrepresent Bods posts? I like Bod a lot. She is easily one of my favorite people here.

I have no idea of why. You tell me. Are you simply bad at quoting? Be as it may, you managed to miss her points almost completely.

You are making absolutely no sense here Odeon. Your comments are appearing further and further from reality by the page.

Obviously I dont disagree with "Well, i would suggest that they just ignore the members they feel are old and farty anyway.  AFAIK there is no law that says a reply is required." Or, "In fact i would suggest to anyone to use the site and fill it with stuff that you like.  I don't know what is preventing anyone from using the site this way."

I disagreed with the points by Bod that I quoted from her. I had no reason to quote what I didnt disagree with.
Just because you felt they were the important points in her post, doesnt mean I have to.

This is obviously beyond you and I can't be bothered to explain, tbh.

I realise you want younger members to hang around with, but from the looks of it you'd need kids from the local kindergarten to understand them.

It has got to the stage where you just appear to be arguing with me over random nothingness.

I realise now that most of this must be incomprehensible to you. Oh well.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2012, 04:49:43 AM »
  I think my Pandora's Box reference ended up being funny in a way I didn't expect.  :-[
   Who is/was Pandora?  I wasn't following the posts that might have mentioned her before.

Remember TenaciousCJ and Pakrat on AFF? Yes that is Pandora from WP.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,18371.0.html

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,18379.0.html

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #439 on: November 16, 2012, 07:03:27 AM »

Oh damn.  For the record, I wasn't referring to her, I liked her on AFF.  :-\

People forget.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2012, 07:18:10 AM »

Me too. She is a sweetheart. There were a few lovely ladies that came out of AFF. She is one, you are another and so is that lovely Hyke
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #441 on: November 16, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

Me too. She is a sweetheart. There were a few lovely ladies that came out of AFF. She is one, you are another and so is that lovely Hyke

Hyke is a wise and funny bovine who brightens my day!   :hyke:

People forget.

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #442 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
Next week on i2: The lengthy debate continues, this time evolving to nanosemantics.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #443 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:32 AM »
Next week on i2: The lengthy debate continues, this time evolving to nanosemantics.

Maybe the board, during this time, will be graced by Shleed making references and inferences to to I2, that he doesn't care and that everyone else does.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2012, 08:16:56 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2012, 08:18:06 AM »

You could call it  "Operation Pandora's Box."   :CanofWorms:

:LMAO:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »
Was there a want from butterflies to go off and make a new group then? Was there a want from any of the other members for Butterflies to go off? Was there such a big problem in her mind of the older members here being....well....not young?
I think you know the answers, and suggesting that there is a reluctance or inability for people to accept others here is silly isn't it?

Yes I would like you to show why what I said was a strawman and then try to push it over.

Right there. See I don't even know if you want me to say yes or no to any of those questions. So if you're trying to set a trap where I nod along to everything, it went straight over my head.

Yes I remember Shleed starting his own site and butterflies wanting people to go there. Yes I remember some people disliking her, and I'm sure she got told more than once to just fuck off to there, though I don't remember specific incidences. I have no idea what was in her mind and whether it related to people being young or old. I don't think it's silly to suggest people here might be reluctant or unable to accept others since rigidity is a common aspergers trait and pretty much just about every drama since WP's conception has demonstrated that just because we're on the spectrum doesn't make everyone magically get along or be above petty social crap.

But yes I definitely think that there may (and I say may) be some merit in things going the "other way". Consider though how things have been in the worst dramacausts.
I do remember.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »

:agreed:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2012, 10:28:29 AM »

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #449 on: November 16, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »

Maybe the board, during this time, will be graced by Shleed making references and inferences to to I2, that he doesn't care and that everyone else does.

And Les will continue to make assumptions, essays and lengthy arguments that are in reality inefficient and meandering. He will also turn nanosemantics into picosemantics.