Educational

Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20900 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #390 on: November 15, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
I think there is little that could be done, anyway.  Apart from creating actual parts of the site for younger members.  Maybe for under forty's or under thirties or whatever.  But why would Odeon want to do this?

It sounds to me like they want somewhere to post where they don't have to read or see posts from those they feel are old and farty.  Well, i would suggest that they just ignore the members they feel are old and farty anyway.  AFAIK there is no law that says a reply is required.

In fact i would suggest to anyone to use the site and fill it with stuff that you like.  I don't know what is preventing anyone from using the site this way.   

The atmosphere is dictated by the current posters.  The best way to change the atmosphere is by posting.  What or who is preventing this? :dunno:

Yes.
Hell yes.
If you want mor nudes...post more nudes. If you think there ought to be more lolcats and threads of online roleplaying gam,es...do that. Like threads about sex? Nothing stopping you.

OR

You could say "Gee this site sucks. I really don't like it because it is not vibrant enough for my tastes. i don't know what to suggest and i don't care about the site, but it has to change. Young people are the answer to the vibrance problem and by young people, i do not mean young people but "young people" if you know what i mean. nudge nudge. By Nudge nudge i mean people who i like - regardless of their age. So more people should be on here that I like and who post stuff I like. Of course sometimes those same sort of people posting stuff I like negatively affects the forum and causes people to leave and man of them are the younger and/or newer members not the older entrenched members - but let's not go there. I do not want to really help here because I dislike the site BUT if you people can lift your game, I may stay. If you don't I will leave and you really don't want that because others will leave. You know you want me"

Well Bodie when I say "YOU could say", I don't mean "you". You are not that silly or full of yourself. It would be a silly position and the posting what makes you happy and the site happyy and entertaining is the better position.

Yes. Bullshit is so much truer when its presented in the form of a rambling essay.

I wonder who the gullible fools will be who believe you this time.

TheoK

« Reply #391 on: November 15, 2012, 12:04:08 PM »
Papiliones:  :viking:

Sir Les:  :thumbdn:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #392 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »
When this thread hits 30 pages, everyone wins a puppy!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #393 on: November 15, 2012, 12:19:25 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #394 on: November 15, 2012, 01:00:15 PM »
That should be fairly obvious. Odeon and Les. I voiced an opinion that was at worst, mildly controversial. Almost 25 pages on, they are still going on about it. They have each thrown at least one absurd slice of paranoia at me, and Les still appears to be going strong.
I could easily stay here and post cute pics of cats, and funny memes/jokes. Thats just not me though.
It seems that if I stay here, and be myself, I will have the Chuckle Brothers on my back at every opportunity.

Just imagine what it might have been like if you had tried to answer a simple question instead. Now all that is left for you is your usual rewrite.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #395 on: November 15, 2012, 01:03:42 PM »
I think there is little that could be done, anyway.  Apart from creating actual parts of the site for younger members.  Maybe for under forty's or under thirties or whatever.  But why would Odeon want to do this?

It sounds to me like they want somewhere to post where they don't have to read or see posts from those they feel are old and farty.  Well, i would suggest that they just ignore the members they feel are old and farty anyway.  AFAIK there is no law that says a reply is required.

In fact i would suggest to anyone to use the site and fill it with stuff that you like.  I don't know what is preventing anyone from using the site this way.   

The atmosphere is dictated by the current posters.  The best way to change the atmosphere is by posting.  What or who is preventing this? :dunno:

Yes.
Hell yes.
If you want mor nudes...post more nudes. If you think there ought to be more lolcats and threads of online roleplaying gam,es...do that. Like threads about sex? Nothing stopping you.

OR

You could say "Gee this site sucks. I really don't like it because it is not vibrant enough for my tastes. i don't know what to suggest and i don't care about the site, but it has to change. Young people are the answer to the vibrance problem and by young people, i do not mean young people but "young people" if you know what i mean. nudge nudge. By Nudge nudge i mean people who i like - regardless of their age. So more people should be on here that I like and who post stuff I like. Of course sometimes those same sort of people posting stuff I like negatively affects the forum and causes people to leave and man of them are the younger and/or newer members not the older entrenched members - but let's not go there. I do not want to really help here because I dislike the site BUT if you people can lift your game, I may stay. If you don't I will leave and you really don't want that because others will leave. You know you want me"

Well Bodie when I say "YOU could say", I don't mean "you". You are not that silly or full of yourself. It would be a silly position and the posting what makes you happy and the site happyy and entertaining is the better position.

Yes. Bullshit is so much truer when its presented in the form of a rambling essay.

Oh, but you are fairly transparent now, after you disagreed with most of what Bodie suggested.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #396 on: November 15, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
That should be fairly obvious. Odeon and Les. I voiced an opinion that was at worst, mildly controversial. Almost 25 pages on, they are still going on about it. They have each thrown at least one absurd slice of paranoia at me, and Les still appears to be going strong.
I could easily stay here and post cute pics of cats, and funny memes/jokes. Thats just not me though.
It seems that if I stay here, and be myself, I will have the Chuckle Brothers on my back at every opportunity.

Just imagine what it might have been like if you had tried to answer a simple question instead. Now all that is left for you is your usual rewrite.

I couldnt answer the question in a way you were able to understand. I tried though.

Yes.
Hell yes.

OR

Oh, but you are fairly transparent now, after you disagreed with most of what Bodie suggested.
I dont understand what that means. I didnt feel that what Bod said reflected what I was trying to say. I tried to explain why I felt that way.
Bod is definitely someone I see as a friend, but Im half expecting you to try and claim that Im trying to start a fight with her now.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #397 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

I couldnt answer the question in a way you were able to understand. I tried though.

As I said, rewriting is what you have left now.

Yes.
Hell yes.

OR

I dont understand what that means. I didnt feel that what Bod said reflected what I was trying to say. I tried to explain why I felt that way.
Bod is definitely someone I see as a friend, but Im half expecting you to try and claim that Im trying to start a fight with her now.

Allow me to quote what you wrote in reply to Bodie:

I have to be honest, and say I dont really agree with most of this.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #398 on: November 15, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »

As I said, rewriting is what you have left now.

???

Allow me to quote what you wrote in reply to Bodie:
I have to be honest, and say I dont really agree with most of this.
I really have no idea what point youre trying to make here. Why dont you just say what you mean? Am I not allowed to disagree with a friend?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #399 on: November 15, 2012, 02:32:25 PM »
Bodie made some very simple and constructive suggestions about how to change the site, like trying to fill it with stuff you like, ignoring people and posts you don't care about, things like that. That's what you disagreed with, yet you've been completely useless at explaining what you'd like to do instead. I know, you claim to have tried but anyone who bothers to read through the thread will see that you actually haven't. Well, either that or you are just about the worst communicator in the history of the site, Randy included.

You can disagree with anyone you like, Butterflies, friends and foes alike, but if you don't present viable alternatives, then don't you think whining about this site while suggesting yet another group for the young and the vibrant is just a tad arrogant?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #400 on: November 15, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »
I've not read thru the last few pages and don't wanna get into it all tbh, Im trying to limit my internet time over the next couple weeks so dont wanna get into a big thing - will just say that for the record, I don't dislike all the oldies or anything. Or even the people I sometimes find boring. It's just not my kinda thing when that is the general atmosphere. Dunno if I'm explaining myself well. Actually I do - I'm obviously NOT expaining myself well but this is the best I can do atm. It's like elderly relatives you like, enjoy spending time with now and then, but you'd get bored if you had to spend a whole week with just them, right? Anyway, don't bother asking me any questions or trying to counter anything Im saying, as I'm not saying it to persuade you of anything etc, just wanted to clarify that I don't mean all this in the way I think it may have come across.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #401 on: November 15, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
I've not read thru the last few pages and don't wanna get into it all tbh, Im trying to limit my internet time over the next couple weeks so dont wanna get into a big thing - will just say that for the record, I don't dislike all the oldies or anything. Or even the people I sometimes find boring. It's just not my kinda thing when that is the general atmosphere. Dunno if I'm explaining myself well. Actually I do - I'm obviously NOT expaining myself well but this is the best I can do atm. It's like elderly relatives you like, enjoy spending time with now and then, but you'd get bored if you had to spend a whole week with just them, right? Anyway, don't bother asking me any questions or trying to counter anything Im saying, as I'm not saying it to persuade you of anything etc, just wanted to clarify that I don't mean all this in the way I think it may have come across.

Adam, it's OK. I don't mind and I won't ask questions or anything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #402 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »

You can disagree with anyone you like, Butterflies, friends and foes alike, but if you don't present viable alternatives, then don't you think whining about this site while suggesting yet another group for the young and the vibrant is just a tad arrogant?

Youre the one that is showing true arrogance here Odeon.
You hound my posts, demanding that I clarify every point I try to make. If I make any mistake, you will jump on me.
I have not suggested yet another new group for young vibrant aspies. Schleed has started a FB group, and he invited me to join. AFAIK, everyone here who is on FB has been invited to join.
Now, clearly you are wrong here, so it just remains to be seen whether you have the humility to admit your mistake and offer an apology like I did with Les, or whether you continue true to form and arrogantly try to claim that you are somehow right.

TheoK

« Reply #403 on: November 15, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
It's one of these issues where he has "decided" that he is right.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #404 on: November 15, 2012, 03:03:06 PM »
It's one of these issues where he has "decided" that he is right.

There can be no other way in his mind. Of course, Im the one being arrogant.