Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20907 times)

TheoK

Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #360 on: November 14, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »
 :intressant:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #361 on: November 14, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »
What would be the reason that a couple of people who come and go, come and go and come and go be for trying to decide the fate and future for this forum.

You two trying to decide who is cool and who is not

Who is too young or too old.

It would seem to me that you are just shit stirring.

Schleed you think this site is 'boring', well dude your site is twice as so.

Butterflies you are just poking at people, for the hell of it, like usual. What the heck makes you the queen of decide.

you are both pretty fucking boring yourselves.

I have a site now? Get with the times maaaaan

In all seriousness, you are frankly one of the most boring members here. What do you contribute to this forum? Go on, tell me.
smart ass remarks and non-sensical commentary. I do sometimes mingle with the members., however.

But being the loner that I am, I prefer just hanging loose reading the occasional post. Kind of like normal folks do.

What do you contribute lately. Not much. Just the occasional remark. well there is your ongoing convo with butterflies. But it is much ado about nothing.

What happened to your spasticity site, I guess I should go and lurk there for a bit, to see whats what. Unless you have already let it go.

Didnt see anything worthwhile last time I checked in, bout 6 months ago.

So what do I contribute here, not much

But I am a fucking loyal member, with the same fucking rights as you. And I dont go round bad mouthing the place.

Perhaps you could liven things up by cutting and pasting an existing article in its entirety, and then make no comment on it.
as soon as something interesting comes up, I will

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #362 on: November 14, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »
I believe that you are surprised that when you tell us that you are being honest and such, Butterflies that some doubt your sincerity or intent.
Please don't be surprised.
 Not so long ago a loud faction of primarily younger member including you and Shleed and Adam turned this place upside down. People were leaving and the threads were a clusterfuck. The objects of this said faction? Well as far as Ican make it, the admin here and anyone who ssupported them.
Parts finally put that issue to bed but not before smear campaigning against Odeon and railing against the site and a couple of very blatant efforts to poach the membership to join better sites, newly made and set up for the younger cooler members.
But now you honestly care for this site and you are trust worthy. Now we can credit your words with no underlying subversive motive or intent.
Vague assertions, an appeal to the"younger" members, and in all of this I try and allay my suspicious and just clarify
I more than suspect a political subversive angle. In my eyes it looks that way whether or not there is anything else in that as well. Your past unfortunately determines your credibility on the score.

I dont care about this site. I had a vague suggestion that I thought might help the site to become something I cared about again.

I dont see why you or Odeon should trust me, just as I certainly dont trust either of you. However, thinking that a boring site needs some more youth is not a lie. It is quite clearly an opinion.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #363 on: November 14, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »
I believe that you are surprised that when you tell us that you are being honest and such, Butterflies that some doubt your sincerity or intent.
 Not so long ago a loud faction of primarily younger member including you and Shleed and Adam turned this place upside down. People were leaving and the threads were a clusterfuck. The objects of this said faction? Well as far as Ican make it, the admin here and anyone who ssupported them.
Parts finally put that issue to bed but not before smear campaigning against Odeon and railing against the site and a couple of very blatant efforts to poach the membership to join better sites, newly made and set up for the younger cooler members.
But now you honestly care for this site and you are trust worthy. Now we can credit your words with no underlying subversive motive or intent.
Vague assertions, an appeal to the"younger" members, and in all of this I try and allay my suspicious and just clarify
I more than suspect a political subversive angle. In my eyes it looks that way whether or not there is anything else in that as well. Your past unfortunately determines your credibility on the score.

I dont care about this site. I had a vague suggestion that I thought might help the site to become something I cared about again.

I dont see why you or Odeon should trust me, just as I certainly dont trust either of you. However, thinking that a boring site needs some more youth is not a lie. It is quite clearly an opinion.
You dont seem to understand that it is not boring to most of us

And that is coming from one of its most boring members, moi

I enjoy keeping up with the various members and their daily posts

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »

Im not sure that its not boring to most members. Some people are happy with it as it is though.

I didnt want anything that would make the site worse for you. You may be happy with the site now, but will you still be happy with it if it loses another 5 or 6 regular posters?
Its true that my suggestion might not have immediately made the site better for you, but I would have hoped that trying to make the site a bit more vibrant would have led to more activity, which in turn would have hopefully made the site better for everyone, including you.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #365 on: November 14, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »

Im not sure that its not boring to most members. Some people are happy with it as it is though.

I didnt want anything that would make the site worse for you. You may be happy with the site now, but will you still be happy with it if it loses another 5 or 6 regular posters?
Its true that my suggestion might not have immediately made the site better for you, but I would have hoped that trying to make the site a bit more vibrant would have led to more activity, which in turn would have hopefully made the site better for everyone, including you.
Sorry you and schleed cant be trusted.

your true motives are unclear

I am sure not everyone feels that way

You should have done your put downs of the current membership in PM.

That was a bad move, considering the people you were putting down, were watching your conversation

It doesnt matter that you didnt name names outright. I at least understood your meaning

I watched it for a couple of days and finally had enough

Thats my only reason for running my mouth

I am more than happy to go back to being my boring self, it suits me.

Later...........

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #366 on: November 14, 2012, 06:31:23 PM »

Sorry you and schleed cant be trusted.

your true motives are unclear

I am sure not everyone feels that way

You should have done your put downs of the current membership in PM.

That was a bad move, considering the people you were putting down, were watching your conversation

It doesnt matter that you didnt name names outright. I at least understood your meaning

I watched it for a couple of days and finally had enough

Thats my only reason for running my mouth

I am more than happy to go back to being my boring self, it suits me.

Later...........

Actually, not sure what current members I was putting down. You might be surprised if you knew the real names of the people I didnt name.
If you thought you were one of them, then you would be mistaken. TBH, I probably hadnt interacted with you in over a year, and had pretty much forgot you existed.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #367 on: November 14, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »
I dont mind being forgotten

As long as I dont forget

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #368 on: November 14, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »
I believe that you are surprised that when you tell us that you are being honest and such, Butterflies that some doubt your sinceerity or intent.
 Not so long ago a loud faction of primarily younger member including you and Shleed and Adam turned this place upside down. People were leaving and the threads were a clusterfuck. The objects of this said faction? Well as far as I can make it, the admin here and anyone who supported them.

Ah so we finally get there.
I was right, it seems to second guess your intentions and motives. It did tend  to resemble  a time that you and a handful of others tried to  fuck over the forum and create enough discord to convince the people you wanted away from the site.
After the whole " Make the site appealing to me or I will leave and so will another 4-5 others"...well yes rather telling

It is all good. The vague references and the want of explaining a downturn in activity as the site dying. The saying that you were not sure what needed changing in the site or prepared to change things yourself but  happy to  basically say the site was crap. Your resistance to questioning and now this.
You are right about one thing , you so not care about the site.
Why bother with all this posting though, we could have arrived at this point a lot quicker and more honestly?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:17:35 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #369 on: November 14, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
I believe that you are surprised that when you tell us that you are being honest and such, Butterflies that some doubt your sinceerity or intent.

Ah so we finally get there.
I was right, it seems to second guess your intentions and motives. It did tend  to resemble  a time that you and a handful of others tried to  fuck over the forum and create enough discord to convince the people you wanted away from the site.
After the whole " Make the site appealing to me or I will leave and so will another 4-5 others"...well yes rather telling

It is all good. The vague reference s and the want of explain a downturn in activity as the site dying. The saying that you were not sure what needed changing in the site or prepared to change things yourself but  happy to  basically saythe site was crap. Your resistance to questioning and now this.
You are right about one thing , you so not care about the site.
Why borher with all this posts ring thoufh , we could have arrived at this point a lot quicker and more honestly?

That is absurd ??? You have totally misinterpreted my comment. I was talking about what will happen if the downward spiral in the membership continues.

How on Earth can I possibly remove 4-5 active members here. I'm not totally sure I even have 4-5 friends who still post regularly here, let alone 4-5 people who could be so influenced by me as to leave the site because Im not being entertained.

This almost tops Odeons assertion that I am actively trying to start a fight with you.
I think Im really beginning to see why you two get on so well.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #370 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:25 PM »
@Les. You do realize that the site is averaging around 15 members online a day this month? Do you seriously think that I could possibly believe that almost one third of the site would leave if I told them to?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #371 on: November 15, 2012, 03:42:21 AM »

Is that young as in physically young, or young as in mind and spirit? If the latter, how about defining what it means, once and for all?

I'd also be interested in knowing what such an infusion of fresh blood could do in practical terms. Would their youth, however defined, automatically generate more interesting topics and opinions?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #372 on: November 15, 2012, 04:35:13 AM »

In a way, I think you do. It was important for you, when you joined, it was amazing for you to be here then. And, you want it to be that amazing again. You do care, for what it was.

Is the site in a bad shape at the moment?
Don't really have an eye for that. Somehow me and the computer are not interacting that much lately.

Would drama help?
Most of drama happening here is boring as hell in my opinion. Especially drama between people that is going on for a long time. No new views, same sentences, same replies. Nothing constructive. And, because of all the repetition, the funfactor is gone too.
Sometimes there is quality drama, with true discussions, and, when really good, it is constructive too. It's where members can surprise me. Very rare, quality drama.

It depends on me, and on I2, how I roam around here. Lately, I skip 75% or more of the posts of MLA, Richard and Lestat, because it is the usual jabbing towards each other. But, all three also now and then surprise me with posts I like, or really like.
Would love that 75% boring "you ....." to become less, and, when there, more creative in insulting, but, when that is what they love, that is what they love.

The drama in this thread has become boring by now, because it is a repetition of moves, and even bringing in older moves, from similar drama years back. No new developments. So, time to drop it, and to derail it.

The discussion will start again, some day. But, what can one change on a site that isn't moderated.

A moderated site exists and is the way it is because of it's members, an unmoderated site even more.

The only change I see possible is that arcade Bodie mentioned, and, maybe something in the lay-out/categorising of threads. The latter would take lots of time. And, lots of people would hate it, because of the changes. So, not seeing that happen.

For the rest, it is the members, the members that are here will shape what it is, and, that will attract some members, where others will hate it, for the same reason.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #373 on: November 15, 2012, 04:44:41 AM »
@Les. You do realize that the site is averaging around 15 members online a day this month? Do you seriously think that I could possibly believe that almost one third of the site would leave if I told them to?

I think that it is an uninteresting question.
I will show you some more interesting questions and then we can talk about what is absurd.
Do I think that if you could reduce the site's membership that you would?
Do I think that alluding to the site dying and such is not merely an acknowledgement of a general decline in activity (which everyone on here that has been with here any decent amount of time, know peaks and troughs)?
Do you think that quite a bit of that membership drop may have had more than a little do to with a lot of the culture you were trying to foster here a little while back?
Do you think then taking up this question of membership drop strange especially after telling the membership how shit the site and administration was and how much better and cooler the spasticity site/s were?
Do you think that he people in your little clique you would have counted as "young" and their postings as "vibrant"?
Do you think that all those (including the younger members) that disagreed with you that you would have ascribed as being young and vibrant whereas the older ones like Scrap who backed your little collective, you would have ascribed young at heart?
Does this say anything about what is "young" or "youthful" apart from to say that it is a way of saying people who agree with you and post like you? Do you think that a little egotistical?
Do you belief when you bint, Adam, Shleed, Scrap and Co. were posting bullshit 24/7 on here that it was vibrant or do you think it was damaging and non-constructive for the site?
Do you think that taking up a similar "youth" position on I2 looks a little suspect?
Do you think that talking about numbers further dwindling is wishful thinking?
Do you think that talking about your want for I2 to "post more interestingly or they will bore you further and you will leave" is constructive, helpful, instructive OR absurd, egotistical and non-helpful?
Do you think that if you were wanting something on here that something is stopping you from putting it up rather than to mention it vaguely in hope people cater specifically to your vague wants?

Now to answer your question...No. It would be absurd to think after you more blatantly trawled for members here and to encourage members awat from here to Spasticity and were a failure, that I would exp[ect your actions would produce better results.
You were not trying to indicate that anyone might believe that were you Butterflies? That would be absurd.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2012, 05:35:45 AM »
I think there is little that could be done, anyway.  Apart from creating actual parts of the site for younger members.  Maybe for under forty's or under thirties or whatever.  But why would Odeon want to do this?

It sounds to me like they want somewhere to post where they don't have to read or see posts from those they feel are old and farty.  Well, i would suggest that they just ignore the members they feel are old and farty anyway.  AFAIK there is no law that says a reply is required.

In fact i would suggest to anyone to use the site and fill it with stuff that you like.  I don't know what is preventing anyone from using the site this way.   

The atmosphere is dictated by the current posters.  The best way to change the atmosphere is by posting.  What or who is preventing this? :dunno:
blah blah blah