Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20872 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2012, 02:12:27 PM »
I'm happy that Butterflies has spread her wings and no longer has time for the internet, and these boring forums.  I think that says nothing but good things.  I think the rift is irreparable anyway, especially as she doesn't seem particularly interested in continuing to interact with the people she does like in the light of the people that she doesn't. 

On the flip side, I'm not sure what she is hoping to accomplish here, which leaves me wondering if this is in fact an attempt to liven things up to make it worth returning.

:chin: :hmmm: :jaded: :eyebrow: :scratchhead:

TheoK

« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »
Papiliones fortissima puella Quadrantii Vehementiae sunt  :viking:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:18:51 PM by Lit »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
I'm happy that Butterflies has spread her wings and no longer has time for the internet, and these boring forums.  I think that says nothing but good things.  I think the rift is irreparable anyway, especially as she doesn't seem particularly interested in continuing to interact with the people she does like in the light of the people that she doesn't. 

On the flip side, I'm not sure what she is hoping to accomplish here, which leaves me wondering if this is in fact an attempt to liven things up to make it worth returning.

:chin: :hmmm: :jaded: :eyebrow: :scratchhead:

I don't think she knows, tbh.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #348 on: November 14, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
I'm happy that Butterflies has spread her wings and no longer has time for the internet, and these boring forums.I think that says nothing but good things
I do have less time, but I still have time for the internet.

I think the rift is irreparable anyway, . 

Dunno if the rift with Odeon is irreparable. This argument seems to have more to do with what he thinks is going on, than what really is. I think he is a bit misguided, but do not consider him bad.

especially as she doesn't seem particularly interested in continuing to interact with the people she does like in the light of the people that she doesn't.

Sadly, you are probably right. I do still have an interest in interacting with people who are members here, but Im not sure how easily I can do that on this site.

That is a good thought, and TBH, it's the kind of thing I would do. It wasnt my intention though.

I'll try to explain this to you. Maybe you'll get it, or maybe you wont.
When I first saw your graphs, I thought I would try and give my opinion. I didnt think it would be too controversial, although I knew there might be some disagreement. I thought everyone would be more or less in agreement that the site was struggling, but that there might be some disagreement on whether more young members would be the answer.
I assumed my suggestion of "more young members" would be understood by everyone, and there would either be universal agreement with my suggestion, or more likely a "debate" on whether it was a good idea.

Within a couple of posts, Odeon and Les had started to ask what "young members" meant, and I was unable to explain it to them in a way they could understand.
This was not what I expected. It never occurred to me that my greatest difficulty would be trying to explain to Odeon and Les what "young members" meant. Obviously I failed pretty badly at explaining it to them.

Then it just became completely surreal as it seems to have turned around completely. Odeon is trying to claim that Im trying to fight Les, when Ive clearly been trying pretty hard to avoid getting into a fight with him.

To sum that up quickly, I started out with the intention of putting across my POV on why the site's going downhill. I thought something might have came out of it, but more likely nothing would happen. I felt there was no harm in trying though.
I no longer expect to accomplish anything here. I have no real idea what Im doing here now. I suppose Im just passing time now. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #349 on: November 14, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »
We can agree on one thing: you failed pretty miserably.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #350 on: November 14, 2012, 03:41:26 PM »

Yes dude. I failed to explain a fairly easy point to you, that many others seemed to understand.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #351 on: November 14, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »

I think the rift is irreparable anyway, . 

Dunno if the rift with Odeon is irreparable. This argument seems to have more to do with what he thinks is going on, than what really is. I think he is a bit misguided, but do not consider him bad.
[/quote]

Nah, scrub that. The guys a wanker.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #352 on: November 14, 2012, 03:45:19 PM »

Yes dude. I failed to explain a fairly easy point to you, that many others seemed to understand.

Actually you never managed to explain it to anyone. It's not easy to explain something you lie about to yourself, is it?

Wuv you too.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »

Actually you never managed to explain it to anyone. It's not easy to explain something you lie about to yourself, is it?

Wuv you too.

How on earth am I lying about thinking the site need young members?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:51:03 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
I think this debate is kind of fruitless though, in my opinion. A lot of hair splitting.

TheoK

« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
 :deadhorse:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

Wuv you too.

The ones that aren't necessarily young in physical age but that you like? But wait--you never said that, you just insisted that you saying "young" was you being clear and honest.

Next.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #357 on: November 14, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »
I think this debate is kind of fruitless though, in my opinion. A lot of hair splitting.

It hasn't been a debate in a while now.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »

Wuv you too.

The ones that aren't necessarily young in physical age but that you like? But wait--you never said that, you just insisted that you saying "young" was you being clear and honest.

Next.

I never said I was being clear. Im sure Ive accepted that I wasnt being very clear. I was being honest though.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:00:33 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »
I believe that you are surprised that when you tell us that you are being honest and such, Butterflies that some doubt your sincerity or intent.
Please don't be surprised.
 Not so long ago a loud faction of primarily younger member including you and Shleed and Adam turned this place upside down. People were leaving and the threads were a clusterfuck. The objects of this said faction? Well as far as Ican make it, the admin here and anyone who ssupported them.
Parts finally put that issue to bed but not before smear campaigning against Odeon and railing against the site and a couple of very blatant efforts to poach the membership to join better sites, newly made and set up for the younger cooler members.
But now you honestly care for this site and you are trust worthy. Now we can credit your words with no underlying subversive motive or intent.
Vague assertions, an appeal to the"younger" members, and in all of this I try and allay my suspicious and just clarify
I more than suspect a political subversive angle. In my eyes it looks that way whether or not there is anything else in that as well. Your past unfortunately determines your credibility on the score.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap