Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20959 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »
About trying to understand what makes it a retirement home in his eyes and others' an what it actually means. I'd like to understand. I would like people to enjoy the site and if there is something I can do, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

People need to start fucking each other around here.  That'll liven things up, with all the jealousy, love-polygons, backstabbing and so on.  Very unretirementhomey.  Lets see if we can get a love hypercube going.

(I've not been paying attention, so I don't know what the issues are meant to be, but I'm sure a love hypercube would improve things, whatever the issues are.)
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2012, 08:21:54 PM »
What would be the reason that a couple of people who come and go, come and go and come and go be for trying to decide the fate and future for this forum.

You two trying to decide who is cool and who is not

Who is too young or too old.

It would seem to me that you are just shit stirring.

Schleed you think this site is 'boring', well dude your site is twice as so.

Butterflies you are just poking at people, for the hell of it, like usual. What the heck makes you the queen of decide.

you are both pretty fucking boring yourselves.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »
What would be the reason that a couple of people who come and go, come and go and come and go be for trying to decide the fate and future for this forum.

Butterflies you are just poking at people, for the hell of it, like usual. What the heck makes you the queen of decide.

Youre too old :thumbup:

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »

I have a site now? Get with the times maaaaan

In all seriousness, you are frankly one of the most boring members here. What do you contribute to this forum? Go on, tell me.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »

In all seriousness, you are frankly one of the most boring members here. What do you contribute to this forum? Go on, tell me.
smart ass remarks and non-sensical commentary. I do sometimes mingle with the members., however.

But being the loner that I am, I prefer just hanging loose reading the occasional post. Kind of like normal folks do.

What do you contribute lately. Not much. Just the occasional remark. well there is your ongoing convo with butterflies. But it is much ado about nothing.

What happened to your spasticity site, I guess I should go and lurk there for a bit, to see whats what. Unless you have already let it go.

Didnt see anything worthwhile last time I checked in, bout 6 months ago.

So what do I contribute here, not much

But I am a fucking loyal member, with the same fucking rights as you. And I dont go round bad mouthing the place.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:26:43 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25:37 PM »

Youre too old :thumbup:
you`re too fucked up

• Constant Poster
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »
blah blah im a faggot
Too right you are.

I closed down s2 well over a year ago. I already stated my reasons of doing so.

What have I contributed? Strangely enough, a lot. Shared my music, art etc, participated in drama and general debates. Made friends, enemies and got myself known as a regular here.

The fact is, for me there isn't much to contribute here anymore. I came back to see if i2 would shift again, but sadly it's still the same. It takes two to tango, after all.

As for "badmouthing" the place, tough shit. I do not hold blind allegiance to internet forums.

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2012, 10:50:40 PM »
blah blah im a faggot
Too right you are.

I closed down s2 well over a year ago. I already stated my reasons of doing so.

What have I contributed? Strangely enough, a lot. Shared my music, art etc, participated in drama and general debates. Made friends, enemies and got myself known as a regular here.

The fact is, for me there isn't much to contribute here anymore. I came back to see if i2 would shift again, but sadly it's still the same. It takes two to tango, after all.

As for "badmouthing" the place, tough shit. I do not hold blind allegiance to internet forums.
Ah, but what have you contributed lately O Great One

Oh, I should just be honored and humbled in your presense.

I think not, you are just an over the hill troll, living on your past glories.

Hell, dont let the screen door hit ya in the ass, on your way out........again

• Constant Poster
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2012, 11:11:07 PM »
What past glories? Sorry, I'm truly confused by that.

You talk of me leaving again when I never stated that I will. In fact, I'm staying and will probably lurk for a while. On the other hand, you'll probably fuck off after contributing nothing again as usual, despite your "loyalty" to this forum.

You will obviously argue that what I'm doing will basically be the same. However since I don't have pretensions of being a loyal subject like you, I can leave and come back as I please without any hypocrisy. You'd think a loyal defender of i2 like yourself would actually contribute anything, but even in your own words.... you don't. Then again, as the saying goes, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". :zoinks:

You're a useless hypocritical mouthpiece, nothing more.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2012, 02:23:06 AM »
Stop insulting my intelligence, Butterflies. You didn't use the word 'essay' when talking abot Les's posts by mistake.

??? :facepalm2: ???

Referring to Les' long posts as essays is not an insult. It is a term that is used to jokingly describe any long post here. I think I can safely say, it is not taken as an insult by Les. He even uses the term himself to describe his posts.
I even referred to my first long post in this thread as an essay.

I never thought it would come from you, but this may well have made the top 10 greatest facepalm moments in my time at i2. If you are basing your opinion that I want to argue with Les on the fact that I used the term essays to describe 1 of Les' posts, then you are having an epic aspie moment.

For the record, I apologize to Les for any insult caused in this thread by my use of the ward essays.

I am truly shocked at you Odeon :facepalm2:

I'm basing it on a lot more than that, Butterflies. And now including that you protest a little too much.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2012, 02:25:08 AM »
About trying to understand what makes it a retirement home in his eyes and others' an what it actually means. I'd like to understand. I would like people to enjoy the site and if there is something I can do, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have my own theories, but they're so bound up in my overall worldview that I doubt I could coherently explain. I'm in the camp that says it goes in cycles, though, and we're at a low point but there's going to be an upswing.

I think Butterflies should name names.  :autism:

I already know it's about people she dislikes, not about age. As for names, I don't really care.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:26 AM »

Hit a nerve there, Shleed?

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2012, 06:13:55 AM »
What past glories? Sorry, I'm truly confused by that.

You talk of me leaving again when I never stated that I will. In fact, I'm staying and will probably lurk for a while. On the other hand, you'll probably fuck off after contributing nothing again as usual, despite your "loyalty" to this forum.

You will obviously argue that what I'm doing will basically be the same. However since I don't have pretensions of being a loyal subject like you, I can leave and come back as I please without any hypocrisy. You'd think a loyal defender of i2 like yourself would actually contribute anything, but even in your own words.... you don't. Then again, as the saying goes, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". :zoinks:

You're a useless hypocritical mouthpiece, nothing more.
Aint no argument to do. I had my say.
pffft..

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2012, 06:59:54 AM »
Shleed is just doing his "I don't care" thing.
I think we all get it Shleed. You are unfazed by anything going on. unmoved. Unperturbed. Non-Flinching. Amused. Distant. Unemotional. Unattached. Not invested. Above all of this.
That about it? Damn Shleed this barrow you have been pushing for as long as i have known you on here.
The truth is when you actually make any sort of effort, you can be mildly interesting. Then off you go on another you being bored, and not caring about this place. Its getting old Shleed.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2012, 07:05:09 AM »
I dont want to argue with Les at all. Why on Earth would I want to argue with someone who I truly dislike

I learned something in this thread. Butterflies doesn't like me.   :zombiefuck:

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap