Educational

Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20922 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »
I cant help but feel that this would have died down ages ago if it wasnt the fact that it was me who made the comment.

Pot kettle black. Would you have continued if it had been somebody else than me and Les replying?

Absolutely yes. TBH, I would prefer to never interact with Les again. Its highly unlikely I would ever choose to initiate any interaction with Les unless he was attacking me, or a good friend. I would never comment on his views or opinions, unless they were clearly aimed at me or a friend.

As for you, its true that I have a certain level of distrust towards you, just as Im sure you have towards me.
Despite your failings and the way you are towards me, I think you are a decent guy at heart. I am prepared to argue a point with you, but dont really have a great desire to do so.

Your post could not be further from the truth, and you are misjudging me a lot.

I don' think my post is that far from the truth, tbh.

Its miles from the truth. I dont want to argue with Les at all. Why on Earth would I want to argue with someone who I truly dislike, and who is only going to continue writing essays at me. Its not like I can even win. It will just go the exact same way as any argument anyone has with him, and be an endless exchange of essays. I have no interest in that. I would much prefer to keep out of his way, and him to keep out of mine.

What essays? His posts in this thread are not longer than yours are, it's just the same tired rhetorical device you used the last time around.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2012, 01:23:06 PM »
I cant help but feel that this would have died down ages ago if it wasnt the fact that it was me who made the comment.

Pot kettle black. Would you have continued if it had been somebody else than me and Les replying?

Absolutely yes. TBH, I would prefer to never interact with Les again. Its highly unlikely I would ever choose to initiate any interaction with Les unless he was attacking me, or a good friend. I would never comment on his views or opinions, unless they were clearly aimed at me or a friend.

As for you, its true that I have a certain level of distrust towards you, just as Im sure you have towards me.
Despite your failings and the way you are towards me, I think you are a decent guy at heart. I am prepared to argue a point with you, but dont really have a great desire to do so.

Your post could not be further from the truth, and you are misjudging me a lot.

I don' think my post is that far from the truth, tbh.

Its miles from the truth. I dont want to argue with Les at all. Why on Earth would I want to argue with someone who I truly dislike, and who is only going to continue writing essays at me. Its not like I can even win. It will just go the exact same way as any argument anyone has with him, and be an endless exchange of essays. I have no interest in that. I would much prefer to keep out of his way, and him to keep out of mine.

What essays? His posts in this thread are not longer than yours are, it's just the same tired rhetorical device you used the last time around.

Im not saying his posts are longer than mine here. Im saying that I truly do not want any interaction with that man at all. I dont want to argue with him, I dont want to speak to him.
I know I could put him on ignore, but Im not really into doing that.

You appear to be saying that I do want to argue with him.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
Yeah, right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
Yeah, right.

Thats pretty feeble Odeon. Im sure if I was telling you how you feel, and getting it so hopelessly wrong, you'd be quick to tell me I was being pathetic.

I have done nothing to encourage Les. I dont even see what my comments have to do with him.
I can obviously see a reason for you to respond. You do own the site. I have done nothing at all to provoke any dialogue with Les. I have even tried to answer his posts to me as civilly as possible, and without provocation or bitchiness.

I cant understand why you are trying to disagree with me on this matter. Its very clear that Im trying not to fight him.
Its unlikely that youre not smart enough to see this, so I cant help but question your motives here.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
Stop insulting my intelligence, Butterflies. You didn't use the word 'essay' when talking abot Les's posts by mistake.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »
Stop insulting my intelligence, Butterflies. You didn't use the word 'essay' when talking abot Les's posts by mistake.

??? :facepalm2: ???

Referring to Les' long posts as essays is not an insult. It is a term that is used to jokingly describe any long post here. I think I can safely say, it is not taken as an insult by Les. He even uses the term himself to describe his posts.
I even referred to my first long post in this thread as an essay.

I never thought it would come from you, but this may well have made the top 10 greatest facepalm moments in my time at i2. If you are basing your opinion that I want to argue with Les on the fact that I used the term essays to describe 1 of Les' posts, then you are having an epic aspie moment.

For the record, I apologize to Les for any insult caused in this thread by my use of the ward essays.

I am truly shocked at you Odeon :facepalm2:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »
Apology accepted
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
Long, drawn out types of drama is never fun and IMO is one of the reasons why i2 is stagnating.

If done right, drama is brilliant. Examples include:

Eclair Nuddies: Frankly hilarious, and one of the highlights of i2 drama.
Soiled Arse/Razorbeard: Both are equally good in my book. The first time I traded words with truly delusional narcissists.
Chair: Also a narcissist, but at least he was a bit more realistic. Got royally pwned by pretty much all of i2.
TCO Whining: I know this was the catalyst to the long, drawn out drama that bores me, but the initial part was pretty good. Hilarious to see an old man act so petulantly.
Penty/Dook: Both normal drama and pasting his nudes on AFF/4chan etc.
Meadow: What do you get when you put a fucked up narcissist with i2? Chaos, brilliant chaos.
BC: Hilarious in the sense that he pretty much successfully trolled most members here. Then he started being an attention whore on s2 etc, but that's another matter.
Binty Outbursts: Intense, emotionally charged and hilarious.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »
Long, drawn out types of drama is never fun and IMO is one of the reasons why i2 is stagnating.

If done right, drama is brilliant. Examples include:

Eclair Nuddies: Frankly hilarious, and one of the highlights of i2 drama.
Soiled Arse/Razorbeard: Both are equally good in my book. The first time I traded words with truly delusional narcissists.
Chair: Also a narcissist, but at least he was a bit more realistic. Got royally pwned by pretty much all of i2.
TCO Whining: I know this was the catalyst to the long, drawn out drama that bores me, but the initial part was pretty good. Hilarious to see an old man act so petulantly.
Penty/Dook: Both normal drama and pasting his nudes on AFF/4chan etc.
Meadow: What do you get when you put a fucked up narcissist with i2? Chaos, brilliant chaos.
BC: Hilarious in the sense that he pretty much successfully trolled most members here. Then he started being an attention whore on s2 etc, but that's another matter.
Binty Outbursts: Intense, emotionally charged and hilarious.

I agree with all of that. :plus:

TheoK

« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »
Tertius!  :thumbup:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2012, 08:01:39 PM »
About trying to understand what makes it a retirement home in his eyes and others' an what it actually means. I'd like to understand. I would like people to enjoy the site and if there is something I can do, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have my own theories, but they're so bound up in my overall worldview that I doubt I could coherently explain. I'm in the camp that says it goes in cycles, though, and we're at a low point but there's going to be an upswing.

I think Butterflies should name names.  :autism:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »

You're smarter than you look.  :orly:

Do we have long, drawn-out drama going on right now? The consensus is that there's stagnation, therefore it logically follows, yeah?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »
About trying to understand what makes it a retirement home in his eyes and others' an what it actually means. I'd like to understand. I would like people to enjoy the site and if there is something I can do, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have my own theories, but they're so bound up in my overall worldview that I doubt I could coherently explain. I'm in the camp that says it goes in cycles, though, and we're at a low point but there's going to be an upswing.

I think Butterflies should name names.  :autism:

It really wouldnt be fair. Some of the names will be obvious, and dont need repeated. The ones who arent obvious havent done anything to deserve me doing that to them.

Sorry. TBH, it wouldnt be a good idea anyway. That drama would go on for months :CanofWorms: and I really cant be bothered dealing with that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »
I don't think it's rosy in the garden at all.