Educational

Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20861 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2012, 08:04:53 PM »
Age comes with experience. :eyebrows:
This is true  :cfm:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Beardy McFuckface

• Constant Poster
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »
Adam, Butterflies and Shleed.

I've been starting what I thought were interesting/thoughtful/intense threads that might appeal to a younger crowd.  Evidently I'm way out of touch.  How about helping a rapidly aging Queen out here and start some threads that you think would work?

My apologies, Schleed, for misspelling your name.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »
Well, let me put my two cents in again.

Back in the old Intensity days we had nudes, dicks, sexual innuendo, teasing, etc.  Sort of a locker room mentality.  We also bashed (rightly or wrongly) richard, penty, razorbeard, etc.  We posted less about problems (Adam excepted) and had a more light-hearted attitude about the site. 

Could this be in part what people are missing? 

• Constant Poster
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2012, 08:57:53 PM »

I've been starting what I thought were interesting/thoughtful/intense threads that might appeal to a younger crowd.  Evidently I'm way out of touch.  How about helping a rapidly aging Queen out here and start some threads that you think would work?

Shleed is the correct spelling.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »

Okay?  Then why does it say Schleed? 

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »
Just so i think I know what you mean Butterflies.
The problem that you three members of this site have is that their are older people here, but some of those older people are fine.
That there has been some younger members who have left for various reason but not as to the age of people on here.
That you want it to change but do not wish to actually do anything to change it or suggest ways in which it ought to change
You believe that myself and Odeon are antagonistic towards you and ought not be...for some reason.
You believe that asking to have vague positions clarified is akin to being antagonistic
You seem to be pushing for another off-forum meet up for the younger members (like Spasticity and Zomgaspies) and denouncing IntensitySquared
You seem to say that You, Adam and Shleed may leave or cut back on posting....and we need to make things better for you if we want you to post more.
Is that the crux?

If so....I gotta say i am quite happy with the place. If you can give constructive advice on this place and be less vague that would be super. If you and whomever else want to leave or reduce your posting then OK.

Is that what I should have got out of all of this?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Constant Poster
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2012, 10:06:32 PM »

Okay?  Then why does it say Schleed?

Because I have an old account that was banned, which is named "Shleed".

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
I'm not going to bother to try and make sense of this argument...but age is irrelevant, why bitch about it?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »

Back in the old Intensity days we had nudes, dicks, sexual innuendo, teasing, etc.  Sort of a locker room mentality.  We also bashed (rightly or wrongly) richard, penty, razorbeard, etc.  We posted less about problems (Adam excepted) and had a more light-hearted attitude about the site. 

Yes. Totally yes. Things were great then.

That is exactly what I missed.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »

???

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
Just so i think I know what you mean Butterflies.
The problem that you three members of this site have is that their are older people here, but some of those older people are fine.
That there has been some younger members who have left for various reason but not as to the age of people on here.
That you want it to change but do not wish to actually do anything to change it or suggest ways in which it ought to change
You believe that myself and Odeon are antagonistic towards you and ought not be...for some reason.
You believe that asking to have vague positions clarified is akin to being antagonistic
You seem to be pushing for another off-forum meet up for the younger members (like Spasticity and Zomgaspies) and denouncing IntensitySquared
You seem to say that You, Adam and Shleed may leave or cut back on posting....and we need to make things better for you if we want you to post more.
Is that the crux?

If so....I gotta say i am quite happy with the place. If you can give constructive advice on this place and be less vague that would be super. If you and whomever else want to leave or reduce your posting then OK.

Is that what I should have got out of all of this?

QV has pretty much nailed it.

And no. I havent pushed for another off-forum meet-up, although Schleed has created one, and I am a member.

Beyond that, what does it matter? MLA created graphs that showed the huge drop in activity. I gave my opinion on what I felt was part of the problem.
Are my opinions really so important that they warrant this level of scrutiny? Most of the time, when people cant understand the point Im trying to make, they give up after a couple of minutes and smile politely. Youre still going strong after a couple of days ???

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:28 PM »
If we stop using the age thing, will that put an end to this ridiculous argument? I'm surprised any of you PREFER to be called boring than old - personlly I thought we were being more polite with "old" :laugh:

I stick with the Retirement Home thing though, as that has struck me as being an accurate description of what this place generally is for quite a long time. I cant be arsed explaining it though as this isn't an argument Im particularly interested in, and I don't see why it matters

For what it's worth, I've found this place a little more interesting over the last few days than I have over the rest of the last yeaer, but still not enough for me to stick around or get drawn into it if I wasn't already so used to being here

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »

Beyond that, what does it matter?

I don't get why this has turned into such a big deal either. Im sure we allhave our opinions on why a forum dies down or gets boring (in our eyes). What's so controversial about saying it seems more like a retirement home?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

Beyond that, what does it matter?

I don't get why this has turned into such a big deal either. Im sure we allhave our opinions on why a forum dies down or gets boring (in our eyes). What's so controversial about saying it seems more like a retirement home?

I cant help but feel that this would have died down ages ago if it wasnt the fact that it was me who made the comment.

And yes, the age thing is ridiculous. Just about any club with a dwindling membership, and a hugely dwindling young membership, would come to the same conclusion as me. They need to get in some more young members.
I cant see why that is such a controversial statement. I didnt suggest gently puting the oldies down. I didnt even suggest putting them off the site. This site needs most of them. Most of them are great. I just said the site needs more youngsters to go along with the established oldies.