Author Topic: 2012 - a retrospective  (Read 20864 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: 2012 - a retrospective
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »
I think it is best not to try.  There will be drama on here again, i feel sure.

Probably just a quiet spell.  I can always make some more posts about mirror sex and submissive sex?  Or about my insatiable desire for a damn good rodgering?    >:D

Can't speak for anyone else, but that'd work for me
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 07:43:53 PM »
Maybe to get more young people, the old farts have to be less old-farty. Last drama I remember was about people mistaking Odeon for their daddy and getting all anti-authority. It's no fun to hang around a place where it feels like your parents are hanging around too.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 07:46:49 PM »
Maybe to get more young people, the old farts have to be less old-farty. Last drama I remember was about people mistaking Odeon for their daddy and getting all anti-authority. It's no fun to hang around a place where it feels like your parents are hanging around too.

I don't think so but then I don't see anyone here being old forty nor could I see how someone could mistake Odeon forttheir Dad
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
 :oldman: Maybe that's 'cause you're one of them.  :angel:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
:lol1: I suppose there are a lot of us who are in the parental range
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 11:49:25 PM »

In my day you'd not dare to suggest such a thing. How old are you, anyway? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 11:51:37 PM »
To attract the younger population, we could post a couple of pop idol pics. Like that watsisname, Justin Beaver. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 05:09:47 AM »
I think we could do with a few more people here. But I don't know how we can get them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 05:57:10 AM »
I would like to think that the people who come here do so because they can be themselves and don't feel that they necessarily have to be 'fun' or 'old and farty' or whatever.

Tbh i don't care that a lot of you have different opinions than myself.  It's just than mine are always right  >:D
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 06:27:32 AM »

Bullshit! To hell with me being old. I mean We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 07:50:57 AM »

Bullshit! To hell with me being old. I mean We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

:lies: Damned lies. They weren't bumblebees, they were chickens.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 07:52:43 AM »
I think we could do with a few more people here. But I don't know how we can get them.

Do we actually have to go back to wrongplanet?

Or, there's got to be more autism sites by now. I just don't know where they are.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 07:55:14 AM »
In my day you'd not dare to suggest such a thing. How old are you, anyway? :P

Hm, whose day is it now?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »
We can't actually post anything about Intensity at WP. It was probably why I got banned before (though I am not now).

There is always AFF or Spectrumites, I am not a member at either of those though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
^

And that's proof of how much of a hard trying tough guy you are? 

:smarty:

I don't see the correlation between "hard trying" and "tough".  To be honest, that comment was a joke.  I'm not trying particularly hard, I don't really have the time.

Sweety, I was joking too, and trying to boost the general postcount, and my postcount in particular.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!