Author Topic: "I have two adult children living at home"  (Read 2659 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: "I have two adult children living at home"
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
But I don't think just because someone with aspergers is living at home it means their parents are enabling them. I look at my son's cognitive issue and parts of his brain function off the charts, other parts, literally, function at 1%. When you have such a huge disparity, it means some things you can overcome but there's a chance that there's some things you can't.  :dunno:

I met the kids briefly walking around the neighborhood.  They are coddled as special little snowflakes that the world shouldn't be hard on.  They don't appear to function any worse than Ricky, and his problem is personality over functioning.  He probably could live an independent life if he wasn't such a twat.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
I'll be stuck living at home for a few years out of simple convenience. There is a major uni just a short drive away.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »
But I don't think just because someone with aspergers is living at home it means their parents are enabling them. I look at my son's cognitive issue and parts of his brain function off the charts, other parts, literally, function at 1%. When you have such a huge disparity, it means some things you can overcome but there's a chance that there's some things you can't.  :dunno:

I met the kids briefly walking around the neighborhood.  They are coddled as special little snowflakes that the world shouldn't be hard on.  They don't appear to function any worse than Ricky, and his problem is personality over functioning.  He probably could live an independent life if he wasn't such a twat.

Ah I see
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
Fat baby whatchu talking about? I live an independent Life. :prude:
:skywarp:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »
Fat baby whatchu talking about? I live an independent Life. :prude:

You live with your Mommy.  Before that you lived with your Daddy.  Before that you were what?  Homeless?

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
The reason I lived with my dad was because he was living in his sisters garage for 6 years, So, I went out to help him get an apartment. Once that was accomplished, I moved back to flagstaff and decided the only way I was going to save enough money for my fire agate ring was to live with my mother. She only charges me $300 rent, so this is a fantastic deal. especially for my area, I figure it will take me about 10 months, (9-8 months now) for me to to get this done, after of wich I'll move out on my own, again.

Before All of this I did live on my own, for 2 years. The reason I moved was because something was flaking off of my walls, and making me ill I think. So it was perfect timining for all of this other stuff to happen

midlifeaspie

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »
the only way I was going to save enough money for my fire agate ring was to live with my mother

Okay, I was wrong.  You are lower functioning than I thought.  This is not something normal people do.  Live with Mommy so they can buy another shiny rock instead of getting out there and actually having a life and acting like an adult.  Your mother allowing this is coddling as well.

[Before All of this I did live on my own, for 2 years. The reason I moved was because something was flaking off of my walls, and making me ill I think.

So you lived in a shithole.  My bad, I guess you lived independently though in the worst possible way, and then failed out of even that lifestyle.

So, what are you doing for a living now?  Still living off my tax dollars instead of supporting yourself? 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:58:18 PM by MLA »

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
You know what I think? I think you got the hots for me fatbaby. pretty soon my online persona will bother you so much you'll have a nervous breakdown and look exactly like carrot top. hey, glad I could help.  :zoinks:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
You know what I think? I think you got the hots for me fatbaby. pretty soon my online persona will bother you so much you'll have a nervous breakdown and look exactly like carrot top. hey, glad I could help.  :zoinks:

Yeah, that was about the answer I was expecting.  Getting a little too close for comfort.

Offline Jesse

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »
Yeah. your gonna be that guy that the judge appoints to a defendent because he's unwilling or cant pay for a lawyer.

why? you suck at proving you're point.  :laugh:

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
You two are hilarious.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »
I don't have a problem with adult children living at home I have a problem with parents who never teach them the life skills they need to live as independently as possible.  Some due to their disabilities will never fully be independent others will do very well on their own.  It establishes a feeling of self worth that I have always felt is very important.  There will always be situations where children need some help and have to move back in at times it's unavoidable.  My eldest son has 'the' Aspergers but has his own apartment, job and car at 20.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 03:44:26 PM »
Yeah. your gonna be that guy that the judge appoints to a defendent because he's unwilling or cant pay for a lawyer.

why? you suck at proving you're point.  :laugh:

Public Defender is a very difficult job to get.  Just slightly easier than City or County Prosecutor.  When you actually know what you are talking about, learn how to spell and get a clue about punctuation, please feel free to return.  :M

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
  If a naive screwup like me could learn to live alone, there is hope for the
  neighbors' kids.   :viking:  You never know, maybe they will figure it out!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 01:48:21 AM »
I don't have a problem with adult children living at home I have a problem with parents who never teach them the life skills they need to live as independently as possible.  Some due to their disabilities will never fully be independent others will do very well on their own.  It establishes a feeling of self worth that I have always felt is very important.  There will always be situations where children need some help and have to move back in at times it's unavoidable.  My eldest son has 'the' Aspergers but has his own apartment, job and car at 20.

compairing myself to your eldest son: i have no feeling of self worth. i talk down to myself at every point i can
                                                          i have no house and still live with my foster parents under the care of the govt
                                                         i have no job [im trying] i just got "hired" by someone to do some computer work but he never called me in to come work on computers for his buisness which sucks royally because i would have enjoyed/been good at it.

i have no car. no drivers license [but i do have a boaters license! and can operate sea craft up to 45ft legally! HAH SUCK ON THAT!]

i turn 20 in a month. god have i failed at life.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!