Educational

Author Topic: Random possibly useful fact  (Read 27128 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random possibly useful fact
« Reply #960 on: March 12, 2019, 11:27:16 AM »
I am still finding it on me after two showers and three clothing changes :-\

I'm sure you were lovely. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #961 on: March 12, 2019, 02:01:46 PM »
I am still finding it on me after two showers and three clothing changes :-\

You could use this to your advantage. Get some fangs for your teeth and you can be a certain kind of vampire.  >:D
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #962 on: April 03, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
Due to the high number of British tank crew members in WWII who were killed outside of their tanks while boiling water, all post war British tanks were equipped with built in tea kettles, a feature unique to British tanks.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #963 on: April 03, 2019, 03:50:04 PM »
Due to the high number of British tank crew members in WWII who were killed outside of their tanks while boiling water, all post war British tanks were equipped with built in tea kettles, a feature unique to British tanks.

Interesting. Especially in light of a massive misrepresentation in my own hobby's Campaign
for North Africa, which penalized Italians too heavily for water use, erroneously claiming
that they needed it for pasta.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #964 on: April 03, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »
Never use glitter spray paint    :zombiefuck:

Rustoleum Glitter?

I just bought 2 cans of sliver a few weeks ago. That's some awesome shit. :laugh:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #965 on: April 03, 2019, 06:28:01 PM »

Interesting. Especially in light of a massive misrepresentation in my own hobby's Campaign
for North Africa, which penalized Italians too heavily for water use, erroneously claiming

The two aren't mutually exclusive. boiling pasta wastes a lot of water whereas at least the British are drinking the water they boil.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #966 on: April 04, 2019, 09:36:59 AM »

The two aren't mutually exclusive. boiling pasta wastes a lot of water whereas at least the British are drinking the water they boil.

The error was that the Italian army supplied dried pasta to the front. It was not in their standard rations.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #967 on: April 04, 2019, 10:44:27 AM »

Raising an interesting question about the environment-friendly way to cook pasta.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #968 on: April 04, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »
Once read pasta can be soaked in room temperature water to return it to a fresh pasta state.

Online Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #969 on: April 04, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »
Once read pasta can be soaked in room temperature water to return it to a fresh pasta state.

Quit thinking about carbs you wont let me eat fatty.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #970 on: April 07, 2019, 06:53:07 PM »
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term:

"Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant.  One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time.  So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving.  I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave.  Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today.  Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.  Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added.  This gives two possibilities.

1)  If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2)  Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it ?  If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year that "It will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you,"  and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then (2) cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic.

The student got the only A.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #971 on: April 08, 2019, 11:54:54 PM »
Brilliant. +

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #972 on: April 09, 2019, 03:38:51 PM »
In the movie Event Horizon, the scientist accidentally opens a door to hell while inventing a faster method of space travel. It was very scary and very creative.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #973 on: April 16, 2019, 10:27:20 PM »
I have three more posts to go until 15000.

Actually scratch that, that can't possibly be a useful fact, especially as it will change the moment I hit the post button.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #974 on: April 20, 2019, 04:25:02 PM »
The drivers on Cape Cod are dreadful and the ones on Nantucket even worse. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw