Author Topic: Chainmaille [now with pics]  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Chainmaille [now with pics]
« on: May 25, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »
could not remember if i made a thread with this title and reasoning but im excited so here goes a second [or first]

so im going to be making chain mail soon. im so excited its crazy! my mats are almost here... they arrive  in 4 days!!! cant wait

going to be making so much chain mail. i have the tools i just need to make the crank [once my foster dad gets around to finding the shit he said i could use or i buy my own]

going to start with some simple four and six in one. maybe move up to dragons scale. i have copper and aluminum wire coming.

oh! and i have to use the grinding disks my mom sent me to take the teeth off of my pliars [they damage the soft metals]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:41:22 PM by Saiga Master. »

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Re: Chain mail
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:23:30 AM »
OH YEAH! MY CHAIN MAIL MATS ARE IN RICHMOND BC! they finally made it from saskatoon SK!!!

3 more days till arrival!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »
I have to say, pretty fucking cool. Given that I go to A LOT of celtic festivals I am well versed in the dedication that is given to the art. I love it. You definitely need to post pics as you go :)
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
I have to say, pretty fucking cool. Given that I go to A LOT of celtic festivals I am well versed in the dedication that is given to the art. I love it. You definitely need to post pics as you go :)

will do!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
Yep, second the request for pics.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »

posting a pic of a bag i made with worse mats than i have ordered... tis just soft galvanized steel fencing wire but it still looks cool.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
Very cool. I like the pendants hanging on it. How long does it take to make something like that?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »
Very cool. I like the pendants hanging on it. How long does it take to make something like that?

should be any where from 3 to 4 hours if i take it slow... maybe i could do it in two [thats not including making the rings.]

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »

posting a pic of a bag i made with worse mats than i have ordered... tis just soft galvanized steel fencing wire but it still looks cool.

With my perverted mind I thought my Master had made a Medieval condom.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »

With my perverted mind I thought my Master had made a Medieval condom.

i have more tact than to mention my seductive torture methods in public.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »
Oh, are we going to get tactile tonight?  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee :squiddy:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:38 PM »

ohh yeah.... if your lucky i may just bring out the peanut butter and one of my small dogs.... thats only if you behave well though!

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »

ohh yeah.... if your lucky i may just bring out the peanut butter and one of my small dogs.... thats only if you behave well though!

Can't I have the Great Dane?  Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

(G_d, just what the world needs a 62 year old pervert)

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »

Can't I have the Great Dane?  Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

(G_d, just what the world needs a 62 year old pervert)

you have to be really well behaved on your walk around the grounds *pulls out a leash and black shiny leather colar*
(its okay, no one judges you.)

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 10:46:17 PM »
Do you think anyone else is getting aroused?  Not that you or I are, but you never can tell about other members here.